Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

Couple of months ago .

I cant for the love of me recall even hearing about it. Such a pity. Hes a terrific young lad who will be an asset to both panels over the tenure of his career. Very energetic and the bit of trickery too as we seen with his mazy run in the hurling v Waterford last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Seamie captain for the year with Noel vice.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

It’s a good topic. The whole dynamic has certainly changed, remember jackie tyrell writing about this in the times a couple of years ago and basically saying the old style, “hero” full back was a thing of the past.

But I’d be of the opinion that it doesn’t matter who you have on edge of square if you leave them so utterly exposed as james barry was that time. Cohesiveness across the back and further up field too is key to being solid in the centre and don’t believe we had that at certain times.

Still not sure who to hsve there but got to trust management have a plan. Not sure Seamus was the right choice for a gamble last year given his form wasn’t really that strong in his regular position to begin with.

Clare will definitely have the ability to mix it up this year with Conlon, Duggan, Shanagher and Guilfoyle all being big lads and good in the air.

OAOB wrote: »
    But KK very rarely have Walter at full forward, for a big man he doesn't use his physicality very well. Whenever Barrett has marked him he's done extremely well because he simply bats any high ball and wins the break on the ground.

I agree but Cody is well prepared to use him on the edge of the square where the ball is right and where he feels he can compete with his marker. You are right though, Barrett beat him up a stick in several finals. For a big strong lad, Walter hasn't that real killer instinct about him that his fellow Kilkenny forwards such as Messrs Larkin, Shefflin, Power and even Richie Hogan has. Very good hurler though who can do serious damage on his day

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Clare will definitely have the ability to mix it up this year with Conlon, Duggan, Shanagher and Guilfoyle all being big lads and good in the air.

Yes and Peter Duggan would be handy under a high ball too id imagine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

nice to see callinan get captain, i think he could have have an excellent year because of it.
    and if he does have a good year as captain I would be in favour of letting him keep it.

What do we think of the new Jersey?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

• Advertisement

Nice simplistic retro style and sponsor fits in. For 70 euro though? F**k that.

I bought Cathal Bourkes jersey the other day which went toward a fantastic cause. I also happen to know a guy doing some neat retro style jerseys ;)

Ill pass :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

The Tipp v Clare game is on Eir Sport 1 with the build up starting at 6.30 for anyone who can't get to the stadium.

Nice simplistic retro style and sponsor fits in. For 70 euro though? F**k that.

I bought Cathal Bourkes jersey the other day which went toward a fantastic cause. I also happen to know a guy doing some neat retro style jerseys ;)

Ill pass :)

I'm all about the retro!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Still think the one we had in 2009-10 is my favorite but the finches one with the yellow triangles on the sleeves was a nice job.
    They’ve been **** enough the last few seasons

Think once you hit 35 you can’t be wearing jerseys ....

How much for the thumb? :pac:

lol, 25% off on the January sale. €50. :)

:pac:

Do you have one of those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Still no sign of a team yet, Sheedy likes to keep us guessing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

Ompala wrote: »
    Still no sign of a team yet, Sheedy likes to keep us guessing!

Both teams announced tonight @ 9 by the County PRO !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Tipp down to the bare bones at the moment, 14 or 15 lads out at the moment off the 40 man panel. Expected to have almost a full panel after the Limerick match, all going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Tipp down to the bare bones at the moment, 14 or 15 lads out at the moment off the 40 man panel. Expected to have almost a full panel after the Limerick match, all going well.
    Isnt there always injuries so wouldnt ever really expect a full squad.
    always will be 4/5 with injuries.

Both teams announced tonight @ 9 by the County PRO !

Cheers, usually teams announced on the Thursday night for a Saturday match though, no? Friday night for a game on Sunday? Open to correction!

Isnt there always injuries so wouldnt ever really expect a full squad.
    always will be 4/5 with injuries.

True, apart from last year, we've been reasonably lucky with injuries the last decade. Credit to the various medical teams.

Tipp Team V Clare: Brian Hogan Barrett P Maher D Maher Flynn R Maher J ODwyer Breen Cadell McCormack N McGrath P Maher Forde Callanan Morris

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

You’d wonder about paudie at full back again.
    It’s not his position but obviously Sheedy has issues with him playing in the half back line.

Tipp Team V Clare: Brian Hogan Barrett P Maher D Maher Flynn R Maher J ODwyer Breen Cadell McCormack N McGrath P Maher Forde Callanan Morris
    not overly expectant from that team

Ompala wrote: »
    not overly expectant from that team

Not far off our strongest team.
    Still wouldn't have paudie full back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Not far off our strongest team.
    Still wouldn't have paudie full back.

John McGrath, Brendan Maher, Billy McCarthy, Ger Browne, Colin English, Brian McGrath would be names I'd think would be starters/close to the 1st team.

Paudie at full back is a worry, too pro e to try catch the ball every time for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Cadell an interesting inclusion, didn’t much stand out for the 21s last year but did look promising before that. Must be going ok in training I guess. Kind of surprised to see Paidi back there again, not sure I quite see the reasoning behind it though we are short of options it has to be said.

I guess the 4, 7, 9, 12, 15 side of the field will be really challenged by Clare.

Cadell hasn't lit up the world during the colleges - a sub the last day that got 10 or 5 mins - but a lot of heavy trianing going on at the moment. Morris has played a lot of college games recently - took off after 29 mins the last day I think. I often wonder about the wisdom of playing college players this time of year.

I assumed the college players were mostly out of the reckoning, obviously not. But you’d expect these players schedules are closely monitored so no real concerns about burn out here anyway.

Overall looks a strong enough team to get a result, but if heavy physical training is the routine at the moment that can often tell with touch and rhythm. We’ve lost last 3 against clare, though, and I suspect that is in back of players minds so I think they’ll be motivated for the win and get it, if hard fought.

• Advertisement

Barry played well against Limerick in January - picked up a slight injury since. Back on the bench now - good sign

Absolutely no reason to be picking lads playing fitzgibbon, colleges so be all over in a few weeks anyway. But they will get picked because they've lots of hurling done and Sheedy wants to win.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

https://twitter.com/StephenGleeson_/status/1088908806069907457

Subs: Michael O’Reilly, Josh Keane, Kevin O’Halloran, Dan O’Meara, Daire Brennan, Paddy Codd, Conal Kennedy, Paul Shanahan, Ben Hyland, Tommy Lowry, Darragh O’Leary

Shane Stapleton has an article with Billy McCathy in tomorrow's Irish Times Online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Football team.

1. Evan Comerford – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    2. Alan Campbell – Moyle Rovers
    3. John Meagher – Loughmore-Castleiney
    4. Emmett Moloney – Drom-Inch
    5. Kevin Fahey – Clonmel Commercials
    6. Colm O’Shaughnessy – Ardfinnan
    7. Jimmy Feehan – Killenaule
    8. Steven O’Brien – Ballina
    9. Liam Casey – Cahir
    10. Liam Boland – Moyle Rovers
    11. Liam McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    12. Brian Fox – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
    13. Philip Austin – Borrisokane
    14. Conor Sweeney (Capt.) – Ballyporeen
    15. Jack Kennedy – Clonmel Commercials

16. Michael O’Reilly – Clonmel Commercials
    17. Josh Keane – Golden-Kilfeacle
    18. Kevin O’Halloran – Portroe
    19. Dan O’Meara – Kiladangan
    20. Daire Brennan – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    21. Paddy Codd – Killenaule
    22. Conal Kennedy – Clonmel Commercials
    23. Paul Shanahan – Upperchurch-Drombane
    24. Ben Hyland – Fr. Sheehy’s
    25. Tommy Lowry – Arravale Rovers
    26. Darragh O’Leary – Ardfinnan

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I believe Bill Maher is injured and wont play any games in the League.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Barry played well against Limerick in January - picked up a slight injury since. Back on the bench now - good sign
    Anyone else see similarities between James Barry after the league final vs Kilkenny last year and Joey Holden after the All Ireland against Tipp in 2016?

Thurles cbs knocked out of the Harty cup by cbc cork.

2 cork teams will contest the final. Serious development going on down in cork.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Thurles cbs knocked out of the Harty cup by cbc cork.

2 cork teams will contest the final. Serious development going on down in cork.

County that size won’t ever be down long

Forde, Cadell and O'dywer don't start, in comes Heffernan, Rob Byrne & Willie connors.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Poor penalty miss. Clare lad should be off, swung Seamie by the helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭caddy16

Mushy wrote: »
    Poor penalty miss. Clare lad should be off, swung Seamie by the helmet.

Sent off, would you stop

caddy16 wrote: »
    Sent off, would you stop

Grabbing by the helmet and swung him to the ground, what other punishment could it be

Some good play but clare not up to much so far. Short game not designed for these kind of conditions. Thinking our record from penalties under the new system isn’t the best?

Messy game, but that'll happen this time of year. Hunger was good, dunno can anyone read too much else into it for either side.

Did I hear correctly there's no relegation?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement