Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Tipperary GAA > Featured News > Electric Ireland Munster Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final – Cork v Tipperary
    Electric Ireland Munster Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final – Cork v Tipperary

Cork will play Tipperary in the Electric Ireland Munster Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final on Thursday June 30th at 7:30pm in Pairc Ui Rinn.

Team News

Follow
    Tipperary GAA ✔ @TipperaryGAA
    Tipperary Minor Hurling team to play Cork announced http://ow.ly/TFMK301LK6X
    7:51 PM - 29 Jun 2016
    Photo published for Electric Ireland Munster Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final – Cork v Tipperary - Tipperary GAA
    Electric Ireland Munster Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final – Cork v Tipperary - Tipperary GAA
    Cork will play Tipperary in the Electric Ireland Munster Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final on Thursday June 30th at 7:30pm in... Read More
    tipperary.gaa.ie
    14 14 Retweets 5 5 likes
    The Tipperary team to play Cork in the Electric Ireland Munster Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final in Páirc Uí Rinn, at 7.30pm tomorrow night, June 30th has been announced by manager Liam Cahill.

The side shows two changes to that which lined out against Clare in the last round. In come Jake Morris and Colin English as Liam Cahill’s team continues in its bid to retain their Munster crown.

The team lines out as follows –

1. Ciarán Barrett – Clonmel Óg
    2. Killian O’Dwyer – Killenaule
    3. Michael Whelan – Carrick Davins
    4. Jerome Cahill – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    5. Gavin Dunne – Holycross-Ballycahill
    6. Brian McGrath (Capt.) – Loughmore-Castleiney
    7. Jake Morris – Nenagh Éire Óg
    8. Paddy Cadell – J.K. Brackens
    9. Ger Browne – Knockavilla Donaskeigh Kickhams
    10. Rian Doody – Cappawhite
    11. Mark Kehoe – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    12. Cian Darcy – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    13. Shane Neville – Lattin Cullen
    14. Colin English – Fr. Sheehy’s
    15. Lyndon Fairbrother – J.K. Brackens

Subs:
    16. Barry Hogan – Kiladangan
    17. Cian Flanagan – Newport
    18. Eoin Barry – Killenaule
    19. Kieran Breen – Knockavilla Donaskeigh Kickhams
    20. Jerry Kelly – Borris-Ileigh
    21. Robbie Quirke – Cappawhite
    22. Dylan Walsh – Ballingarry
    23. Diarmuid Ryan – Clonakenny
    24. Conor Stakelum – Thurles Sarsfields

Good to see Jake Morris back, if only to keep the North Tipp contingent up to respectable numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

1 9 to 9 pts cork winning.terrible mistake from tipp goalie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Great win in the end 6pts down 3mins into second half to win by 5pts , the subs made all the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Does anybody know much about Dylan Walsh? From Ballingarry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

Does anybody know much about Dylan Walsh? From Ballingarry

i know some people from ballingarry, they have been on about this lad for a while espically this year ment to have unreal speed and they are exspecting big things from him in the future,i was very surprised when i saw the team tonight that he was not starting

Well, to come on at half time and stroke over 4 is no mean feat. Hopefully, all the talk is true and he is that bit of extra class they require...

What age is he?

Well, to come on at half time and stroke over 4 is no mean feat. Hopefully, all the talk is true and he is that bit of extra class they require...

What age is he?

he is doing very well in the club games this year from what I hear. Not quite sure about his age. Probably the best prospect they've had since Donal Shelly

Clonmel,fr sheehys,ballingarry,knockavilla,kilsheelan,cappawhite great to see these clubs being represented.hopefully bodes well for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Paddico

buggy beag wrote: »
    Clonmel,fr sheehys,ballingarry,knockavilla,kilsheelan,cappawhite great to see these clubs being represented.hopefully bodes well for the future.

Not to mention the famous Lattin Cullen

• Advertisement

Paddico wrote:
    Not to mention the famous Lattin Cullen

Exactly paddico.my apologies.i didnt have the programme in front of me and thats all i could remember off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Xenophile wrote: »

Come on ye footballers ye have already inspired our hurlers this year.

How exactly?

It's hilarious how the football people are always crying about equal treatment etc. but can't even talk about their own big day without trying to have a dig. Put some salt on that chip there it might taste nicer ;)

BTW best of luck to Tipp on Sunday and really hope they can pull it off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

What age is he?

he is 17,but yeah it is great to see all parts of the county being represented,and it is also great that a clonmel man seamus kennedy is on the team if i am not wrong the last man from around clonmel that was close to making the team was donacha fahey

Fahy came on in the 2001 final - has a Celtic cross in his pocket.

Did he disappear after that or was he around the year after et?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

danganabu wrote: »
    How exactly?

It's hilarious how the football people are always crying about equal treatment etc. but can't even talk about their own big day without trying to have a dig. Put some salt on that chip there it might taste nicer ;)

BTW best of luck to Tipp on Sunday and really hope they can pull it off.

Tbf I wouldn't be taking the rantings of the xenophile as representative of tipp football supporters.

I'm so bored of this rubbish trying to create a split between the two codes. You'd swear it was the Jews and the Muslims.

Those of us who actually played gaa know that both codes are played in our clubs, with a different emphasis on each code depending on the particular club.

I think seamus callanan turns out for his club football team....'Nuff said.

• Advertisement

I don't think he survived too long afterwards. He was very unlucky with injuries, knee injuries in particular I think...

Fahy started the whole of the Munster championship the following year if i recall against Clare, Limerick and Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The Tipperary team lines out as follows –

1. Evan Comerford – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    2. Colm O’Shaughnessy – Ardfinnan
    3. Alan Campbell – Moyle Rovers
    4. Ciarán Mc Donald – Aherlow
    5. Bill Maher – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    6. Peter Acheson (Capt.) – Moyle Rovers
    7. Robbie Kiely – Carbery Rangers
    8. Martin Dunne – Moyle Rovers
    9. George Hannigan – Shannon Rovers
    10. Josh Keane – Golden-Kilfeacle
    11. Philip Austin – Borrisokane
    12. Brian Fox – Éire Óg Annacarty
    13. Kevin O’Halloran – Portroe
    14. Michael Quinlivan – Clonmel Commercials
    15. Conor Sweeney – Ballyporeen

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Good luck to the footballers tomorrow, hopefully they can pull off a gigantic upset. Up Tipp

Pity the County Board would not list the full panel, on their website, as appears on the programme that goes to the printers.

Apart from anything else, it is only fair to the panel who have trained hard all season.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

A little naïve lads. Ye played with great heart. Hope ye get a draw in the qualifiers that will allow you another day out........ Again well done !

Pity the County Board would not list the full panel, on their website, as appears on the programme that goes to the printers.

Apart from anything else, it is only fair to the panel who have trained hard all season.

I agree, your spot on there.

Looking at Kilkenny yesterday and the high ball game we're trying to implement his year... - it might not be our year. I knew that at the start of the year - given the amount of experience that retired and various other changes and new things being tried - I know said at the start of the year it will take three years - but, yesterday really hammered home the gap. The second-half performance from KK was awesome. And, they are still getting players fit and finding the right balance...

Waterford on the other hand, might have a better chance, IF...IF...they can find another 15% on last year. They do have a swashbuckling element to them - that said where will the goals come from... - they just look too defensive to really trouble KK. You can't invite KK onto you...unless KK just have one of those off days...

On a wider point, the hurling landscape looks bleak. It was a bad weekend for hurling - it seems an amount of teams who can compete is getting fewer and fewer...

Looking at Kilkenny yesterday and the high ball game we're trying to implement his year... - it might not be our year. I knew that at the start of the year - given the amount of experience that retired and various other changes and new things being tried - I know said at the start of the year it will take three years - but, yesterday really hammered home the gap. The second-half performance from KK was awesome. And, they are still getting players fit and finding the right balance...

Waterford on the other hand, might have a better chance, IF...IF...they can find another 15% on last year. They do have a swashbuckling element to them - that said where will the goals come from... - they just look too defensive to really trouble KK. You can't invite KK onto you...unless KK just have one of those off days...

On a wider point, the hurling landscape looks bleak. It was a bad weekend for hurling - it seems an amount of teams who can compete is getting fewer and fewer...

Our workrate in the forwards has improved greatly and we have bedded in Breen and John Mcgrath. A fit Seamie will pose a bigger threat also but he has had his injuries this year. Mick is on the right track and what we cant catch i think we will work ferociously to keep ball down in the Kilkenny backs end of the field. Fair to say the Tribe thought ousting Anthony Cunningham was the answer but as evident from yesterday they have learned the sub total of sweet fúck all in terms of beating Kilkenny. They look like right proper plums today.

Agreeably it is frightening to think that Eoin Larkin who i dont think ive ever ever seen have a bad game for Kilkenny being taken off along with Colin Fennelly at half time only for them to bring on John Power and Richie Hogan :D What a phenomenal bench. KK gone? My arse.
    An unsong hero of that Kilkenny team is arguably Conor Fogarty who is doing some considerable hard yards for the team and even is good for a score. Make no mistake, our old pals up the road are going to be as robust as ever in their quest.

Cody really is on a different level to any other manager in the game., The man must have constant hurling and tactics going through his mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I don't think there's a team to touch kilkenny this year, however I think we've made some progress from last year. We seemed to have solved the growing midfield problem we had, also the centre back position and full back are nailed down. Again it's our forwards which are struggling, we're very unlikely to win high ball or 50/50 in the forwards especially in the half forward line.

Kilkenny are a different animal, they don't have any football to be worrying about, no drain on resources, it's hurling hurling hurling and we cannot compete with that. They could pick up a few injuries down the line but as of right now that looks very unlikely.

Waterford will be a savage test, speaking to a few down there they're fully expecting to win this munster final. Will be interesting to see how our forwards cope with limited space or whether we can be a goal threat. Weather conditions could have a big impact, let's hope for a dry day, we're due one.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I don't think there's a team to touch kilkenny this year, however I think we've made some progress from last year. We seemed to have solved the growing midfield problem we had, also the centre back position and full back are nailed down. Again it's our forwards which are struggling, we're very unlikely to win high ball or 50/50 in the forwards especially in the half forward line.

Kilkenny are a different animal, they don't have any football to be worrying about, no drain on resources, it's hurling hurling hurling and we cannot compete with that. They could pick up a few injuries down the line but as of right now that looks very unlikely.

Waterford will be a savage test, speaking to a few down there they're fully expecting to win this munster final. Will be interesting to see how our forwards cope with limited space or whether we can be a goal threat. Weather conditions could have a big impact, let's hope for a dry day, we're due one.

I was talking to a Waterford man over the weekend, he seemed extremely confident that they'd win on Sunday. The biggest worry for him seemed to be the players lack of experience hurling in the Gaelic Grounds.

Finding it very hard to get stand tickets for Sunday. Only ones on tickets.ie were stuck in a corner and now they seem to be gone. Which terrace do Tipp have?

Finding it very hard to get stand tickets for Sunday. Only ones on tickets.ie were stuck in a corner and now they seem to be gone. Which terrace do Tipp have?

Clare end

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I know it's a bit late but super valu were selling Mackey stand tickets yesterday after lunch.
    The other half bought 4.

digzy wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late but super valu were selling Mackey stand tickets yesterday after lunch.
    The other half bought 4.

Tried supervalu Callan today and they were all out. Terrace it is I suppose

• Advertisement

actually, they're sold out here since lunch time.

Tried supervalu Callan today and they were all out. Terrace it is I suppose

In the terrace myself tg.it will be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What terrace will Tipp fans be in? Don't want to end up drinking cider in the wrong end

EDIT: just saw post on last page

Couple of stand tickets for high up in the corner of the open stand were available this evening on tickets.ie so managed to get myself some :) Not a bad view from up there but ill be sure to bring a rain jacket.

Looking forward to it. Up the Premier!

Couple of stand tickets for high up in the corner of the open stand were available this evening on tickets.ie so managed to get myself some :) Not a bad view from up there but ill be sure to bring a rain jacket.

Looking forward to it. Up the Premier!

Mackey stand?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Mackey stand?

No the opposite unroofed stand. Mackey is covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Hi lads,

Will game be sold out?? Was thinking of heading.... But wasn't going to make a decision til sun morning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Hi lads,

Will game be sold out?? Was thinking of heading.... But wasn't going to make a decision til sun morning!!

No terrace tickets available day of game

You'll pick up tce tickets no problem.
    If I was at the Gaelic grounds on match day and couldn't pick up a stand ticket I'd be heading to the closest pub.

• Advertisement

Just to be clear, you mean..........

No, terrace tickets available day of game, or terrace tickets available on the day !

Mackey stand tickets back available online.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Mackey stand tickets back available online.

I'd imagine they are adding them as the are being sent back from the clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Looking like it will be a full house. I'll be there on the terrace roaring on the men in blue and gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Looking like it will be a full house. I'll be there on the terrace roaring on the men in blue and gold.

It won't be anything close to a full house.

Should be a good 40,000 there I'd say. Think it holds around 50,000

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Just to be clear, you mean..........

No, terrace tickets available day of game, or terrace tickets available on the day !

I would be very surprised if the GAA ticket van isn't selling terrace tickets at the game. I havnt been to one provincial game in recent years that the van wasn't there selling away.

Only 25000 sold as of last night according to the munster council

Is turning off in Birdhill and parking behind Thomond still an option? I read that traffic plan but don't know Limerick at all, so the various roads mentioned meant nothing to me.

Think the handiest option is to park at the lodge and get the bus into town.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement