Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Got up early and traveled for three hours... sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭farmerval

When did you realise it was off? Right up to 11.00 today I was humming and hawing about going, rain was serious here then and decided not to. Never imagined it would be called off.

Over on Kilkenny thread seems supporters travelled and were at the grounds in Wexford when they found out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

farmerval wrote: »
    When did you realise it was off? Right up to 11.00 today I was humming and hawing about going, rain was serious here then and decided not to. Never imagined it would be called off.

Over on Kilkenny thread seems supporters travelled and were at the grounds in Wexford when they found out.
    It was only called off an hour before throw in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

I found out twas off around 1/1:15. Desperately late to be making a call on it. I live around Cork City and it had been raining heavily for several hours beforehand. I was lucky this one was close, others like evolving tipperary weren't unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

farmerval wrote:

Somebody told me that Galway supporters travelled to Waterford too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Tipp 77

Got up early and traveled for three hours... sickened.

Went down from Dublin and back yesterday myself. Some dose all right
    I just hope it's re scheduled for Sunday. Can't go Saturday

farmerval wrote: »

Around 1... - just checked twitter...

Ompala wrote: »
    I found out twas off around 1/1:15. Desperately late to be making a call on it. I live around Cork City and it had been raining heavily for several hours beforehand. I was lucky this one was close, others like evolving tipperary weren't unfortunately

I was in Cork - eating my breakfast - and I was looking at water building on the road outside and I says laughing, 'This might be called off...' - some joke!

Sunday March 10

Allianz Hurling League Division 1A

Cork v Tipperary, Pairc Ui Rinn, 2pm

Mokuba wrote: »
    Footballers not good enough last night, against the worst Cork team in living memory. If management can't produce a run in the Championship then it's time to go. Gone stale over this year and last and no Plan B being worked on.

I agree. Alot of injuries too to contend with ill be fair to them. I do think though that Kerins ran out of ideas in 2017. We seem to have one plan which teams have figured out long ago.

• Advertisement

Tipp hurlers are in a training camp in Alicante this week. Flew out today - back Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Premierpride

Tipp hurlers are in a training camp in Alicante this week. Flew out today - back Friday night

[EMAIL="

Training 3 times a day over there, might be a little flat for Cork on Sunday! considering the way its panned out should we just play the fringe players? I picked out Willie Ryan, Brian McGrath and Sean O'Brien from the picture attached, add in Ger Browne, Cian Darcy, Tom Fox, Barry heffernan, Mark McCarthy, Colin English Jamie Maloney, that would make up the bones of a team, if nothing else it would give the others a rest and us some edge, these players would be ultra hungry knowing they might only get one shot to impress at the highest level outside of championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

FYI, Cork v Tipp wil be live on TG4 this sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Interesting to see how the cork game goes....
    I can imagine there must’ve been some ‘bonding’ in the sun!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

digzy wrote: »
    Interesting to see how the cork game goes....
    I can imagine there must’ve been some ‘bonding’ in the sun!!

Probably had a night out and more power to them.

In terms of performing on Sunday, I'd be much more concerned that a week of hard training multiple times a day will leave them very leg-weary for Sunday.
    I won't be too concerned if the performance is poor Sunday, although I would like us to qualify was we need more games to build towards a settled team and the likes of John McGrath, Barrett and a few more have seen very little game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

Interesting too how they've gone quiet on social media, i'd say Sheedy has put a stop to it. A few of the players would have had stuff up on a regular basis but not recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

robbiezero wrote: »

In terms of performing on Sunday, I'd be much more concerned that a week of hard training multiple times a day will leave them very leg-weary for Sunday.
    I won't be too concerned if the performance is poor Sunday, although I would like us to qualify was we need more games to build towards a settled team and the likes of John McGrath, Barrett and a few more have seen very little game time.
    Week of training multiple times a day wouldnt leave them leg weary as theyd have much more rest/recovery time than any other time so wouldnt worry too much about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Does my Tipp hurling season ticket get me into Laois Limerick on Saturday night? 99% certain it does, just want to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Does my Tipp hurling season ticket get me into Laois Limerick on Saturday night? 99% certain it does, just want to be sure.
    Thought it was county and code specific so only gets you into tipp hurling games.

Thought it was county and code specific so only gets you into tipp hurling games.

It was used for a few Offaly games this year but I'm uncertain if they accept for knock out fixtures.

• Advertisement

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    It was used for a few Offaly games this year but I'm uncertain if they accept for knock out fixtures.
    You can to any National Hurling league Fixture with it.

Same Team named as last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tipp Team v Cork: P Maher Barrett Barry R Maher Joe ODwyer P Maher Byrne N McGrath Breen Morris OMeara Ford ODwyer Callanan J McGrath

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Interesting to see how they get on after a week of warm weather training. Ronan in the corner still baffles.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

robbiezero wrote: »

Yeah, i guess they had planned this for the end of the round of the games.

Not ideal. There's a solid tradition of teams coming back from the sun and performing poorly after just coming back. Be graaaaaaaaaaand.

I can see your point about games to build fitness and gameplan. But i think they can do that in free time too...
    The real time to perform will be down in Cork for the first round.

Interesting to see how they get on after a week of warm weather training. Ronan in the corner still baffles.

I'd say he is there to pick up short pucks outs - has the ability for long balls - and if the opposition pick a roaming corner forward who goes all over. Management will be happy for Ronan to follow because he can play - is not just a defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I'd say he is there to pick up short pucks outs - has the ability for long balls - and if the opposition pick a roaming corner forward who goes all over. Management will be happy for Ronan to follow because he can play - is not just a defender

Agreed. Very few teams leave 3 men inside in the full forward line any more. An inside forward coming out around midfield will have his hands full keeping an eye on Ronan who is well able to deliver good ball or pick off a few long rangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Team to play Cork as announced last week.

1. Paul Maher – Moyne-Templetuohy
    2. Cathal Barrett – Holycross-Ballycahill
    3. James Barry – Upperchurch-Drombane
    4. Ronan Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    5. Joe O’Dwyer – Killenaule
    6. Padraic Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    7. Robert Byrne – Portroe
    8. Noel McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    9. Michael Breen – Ballina
    10. Jake Morris – Nenagh Éire Óg
    11. Niall O’Meara – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    12. Jason Forde – Silvermines
    13. John O’Dwyer – Killenaule
    14. Séamus Callanan (Capt.) – Drom-Inch
    15. John McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney

16. Brian Hogan – Lorrha-Dorrha
    17. Ger Browne – Knockavilla-Donaskeigh Kickhams
    18. Willie Connors – Kiladangan
    19. Colin English – Fr. Sheehy’s
    20. Alan Flynn – Kiladangan
    21. Barry Heffernan – Nenagh Éire Óg
    22. Séamus Kennedy – St. Mary’s
    23. Donagh Maher – Burgess
    24. Patrick Maher – Lorrha-Dorrha
    25. Mark McCarthy – Toomevara
    26. Jamie Moloney – Drom-Inch

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

big_drive wrote: »
    Interesting too how they've gone quiet on social media, i'd say Sheedy has put a stop to it. A few of the players would have had stuff up on a regular basis but not recently

True. Id say he definitely has the panel focused and knuckling down. To be honest though, Wooly Parkinson aside, most of the GAA lads are fairly harmless on the social media front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

True. Id say he definitely has the panel focused and knuckling down. To be honest though, Wooly Parkinson aside, most of the GAA lads are fairly harmless on the social media front.

I doubt we’ll get too many player interviews this year somehow. I’m generally not a fan of too many restrictions being put on players but, being old school, i wouldn’t have much time for the social media stuff either. I remember reading about the Kilkenny lads a few years ago and apparently not one of them had a twitter account. Shefflin then signed up and when asked said it was only because someone else was impersonating him. It’s only a small thing maybe but it all adds up at the end of summer.

I don't think social media posts will influence our chances this summer in any shape or form. I'd be more concerned with our players fitness, form and the teams general setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lonestar 74

I hope the match goes ahead. If its called off that the decision is made early and spare the train journey. Once was enough having to wait for over half an hour outside the field in the pouring

quote=lonestar 74;109635111]I hope the match goes ahead. If its called off that the decision is made early and spare the train journey. Once was enough having to wait for over half an hour outside the field in the pouring rain for a decision to be made at 13:10 which was way to late. On the way up to the field a steward was saying that it had been raining heavily since early morning and the match would be off. This was at 12:00 so why the delay in making it official. [/quote]

quote=lonestar 74;109635111]I hope the match goes ahead. If its called off that the decision is made early and spare the train journey. Once was enough having to wait for over half an hour outside the field in the pouring rain for a decision to be made at 13:10 which was way to late. On the way up to the field a steward was saying that it had been raining heavily since early morning and the match would be off. This was at 12:00 so why the delay in making it official. [/quote]

• Advertisement

Well said lonestar..

Pitch inspection 10am.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Brendan Maher named on the bench

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Stroll in the park

Excellent performance some fine individual performances and a big confidence builder but cork were really poor. That game will bear no resemblance to the first round of championship in pairc UI chaoimh.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Watching barrett charge out with a couple of balls and Breen lunging forward from midfield, it felt like the summer of 2016 at times.

Bit of a nothing game though. We can play some deft hurling when we’re let, some of the interplay was exquisite but munster just aint gonna yield another day like that this summer. Going the right way at least.

Cork were absolutely brutal today. But we had good shape. It seemed like we had a pattern of play rather than just lumping it up
    Jason Forde was in his best position and It was great to see him on the Frees.
    Noel McGrath got through some amount of work in midfield. He disrupted an awful lot of Cork puck outs by just batting the Sliotar down and holding play up.

Tipp 77 wrote: »
    Cork were absolutely brutal today. But we had good shape. It seemed like we had a pattern of play rather than just lumping it up
    Jason Forde was in his best position and It was great to see him on the Frees.
    Noel McGrath got through some amount of work in midfield. He disrupted an awful lot of Cork puck outs by just batting the Sliotar down and holding play up.

Compare the use of the ball in this game by Tipp versus the lumping the ball in high tactic versus Limerick in the Gaelic Grounds in early Feb. No comparison
    Much improved. However, I'd like us to have a Plan B as when teams hunt in packs it is very hard to work the ball out that way. Very encouraging to see our use of the ball improved this way.

Sheedy seems to have finally seen the logic with Forde on the frees. Very happy to see him strolling up to take the first one. Breen also had a great game for us. Thought that was one of the better displays by our half forward line, though our forwards all rotated, trademark tactic by Sheedy and O Shea.

Team seems much more settled today with their style of play. Having said all that, Cork were very poor today. Will be totally different come championship. Dublin up next, then hopefully a second crack at Limerick.

Ompala wrote: »
    Compare the use of the ball in this game by Tipp versus the lumping the ball in high tactic versus Limerick in the Gaelic Grounds in early Feb. No comparison
    Much improved. However, I'd like us to have a Plan B as when teams hunt in packs it is very hard to work the ball out that way. Very encouraging to see our use of the ball improved this way.

Sheedy seems to have finally seen the logic with Forde on the frees. Very happy to see him strolling up to take the first one. Breen also had a great game for us. Thought that was one of the better displays by our half forward line, though our forwards all rotated, trademark tactic by Sheedy and O Shea.

Team seems much more settled today with their style of play. Having said all that, Cork were very poor today. Will be totally different come championship. Dublin up next, then hopefully a second crack at Limerick.

Dublin won't stand back and let us walk the Sliotar out from the halfback line like Cork did today. It would be nice to see the same team out next Saturday so at least then we would have a comparison today and see how much of the result was down to Cork not working hard today

Tipp 77 wrote: »
    Dublin won't stand back and let us walk the Sliotar out from the halfback line like Cork did today. It would be nice to see the same team out next Saturday so at least then we would have a comparison today and see how much of the result was down to Cork not working hard today

True, put you would expect Tipp to win. But I hope the players don't view it that way. Is it confirmed for next Saturday? I know Paddys weekend makes all this unclear.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement