Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Going for the tried and tested, plenty of young lads on the bench. Will be interesting to see if we can cope with the pace of the cork players. Barry is a liability at full back, he could do a job there but he's vulnerable.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭farmerval

Dissappointed that none of the U21's from last year made it. Especially like the look of Jake Morris, he's very different from anything else we have, or ideed anyone else has. He has a unique style and can win his own ball.
    Certainly we're lacking pace everywhere.

Interestingly Cork have dropped the Aidan Walsh experiment.
    Their very much staying with the tried and tested. Tim O Mahony is very strong at centre back, but very slow and very green. In the Examiner Wednesday the Rock was very blunt about Aidan Walsh going back to the hurlers this year.

Just looked again, no Dan McCormack, is that a fitness issue ?? His ball winning ability would be very welcome.

farmerval wrote: »
    Just looked again, no Dan McCormack, is that a fitness issue ?? His ball winning ability would be very welcome.

Missed all off pre season and the league. Very hard to start back in the first round of championship.

Bonnar is an odd one, didn't expect him to start he's been poor more often than not over the last few years. You'd wonder what was the point of Ronan corner back for the league when we all knew that was nonsense.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭hawkwing

More or less the 2016 final team again

1 Darren Gleeson
    2 Cathal Barrett
    3 James Barry
    4 Michael Cahill
    5 Séamus Kennedy
    6 Ronan Maher
    7 Pádraic Maher
    8 Brendan Maher (captain)
    9 Michael Breen
    10 Dan McCormack
    11 Patrick Maher
    12 Noel McGrath
    13 John O'Dwyer
    14 Séamus Callinan
    15 John McGrath
    Substitutes:
    19 Jason Forde for M. Breen (45 mins)
    25 Niall O'Meara for D. McCormack (62 mins)

I'm suprised that we didnt opt to freshen the team up with 2-3 more of the u21 team from last year. Thought Byrne and Morris had done enough to start at least. In the south stand on Sunday so looking forward to see how things unfold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Byrnes had a very ropey league campo getting dragged out of position repeatedly. Morris is not ahead of any of the 3 selections in the full forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Tipp 77

Disappointed last night not to see Joe O'Dwyer in team but how he isn't even on the bench is beyond me.
    I think what they are doing is throwing the experienced lads out for the Cork game and if we win then you have a bit of leeway to change things next week for the Waterford game.
    It's a team that's good enough to go down there and win.
    Jason Forde has the beating of Eoin Cadagan and either Bubbles or John McGrath will be on a debutant.
    Cathal Barrett and Mick Breen usually do well against Cork too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Few positives and concerns with the team

Positives:
    Forde back at full forward where he belongs, though can see a bit of temporary rotation in the game
    Seamie out at centre. Is more mobile than any of the lads in the full forward line
    Brendan back in the team, can see him and Ronan switching a bit
    Barrett in the full back line

Concerns
    Hogan in goal. Is more commanding of the square but Maher has better puck outs. Hogan needs to avoiding bombing the ball in high
    Sean O'Brien in corner back. Would have Joe O'Dwyer as a better option there
    Bonner in the half forwards. Form has been in decline for a long time now. McCormack/Kehoe/Morris are better options.

Not in particular with the team, but concerned that management will be slow to change things if things aren't working e.g if Bubbles isn't working hard enough Kehoe comes on. Team is strong enough to get the win, Cork are definitely beatable. Will have to wait and see now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Team and Subs to play Cork.

1. Brian Hogan – Lorrha-Dorrha
    2. Cathal Barrett – Holycross-Ballycahill
    3. James Barry – Upperchurch-Drombane
    4. Seán O’Brien – Newport
    5. Brendan Maher – Borris-Ileigh
    6. Ronan Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    7. Padraic Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    8. Noel McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    9. Michael Breen – Ballina
    10. Niall O’Meara – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    11. Séamus Callanan (Capt.) – Drom-Inch
    12. Patrick Maher – Lorrha-Dorrha
    13. John O’Dwyer – Killenaule
    14. Jason Forde – Silvermines
    15. John McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney

16. Paul Maher – Moyne-Templetuohy
    17. Ger Browne -Knockavilla-Donaskeigh Kickhams
    18. Robert Byrne – Portroe
    19. Willie Connors – Kiladangan
    20. Cian Darcy – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    21. Alan Flynn – Kiladangan
    22. Barry Heffernan – Nenagh Éire Óg
    23. Mark Kehoe – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    24. Donagh Maher – Burgess
    25. Dan McCormack – Borris-Ileigh
    26. Jake Morris – Nenagh Éire Óg

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Team and Subs to play Limerick.

1. Evan Comerford – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    2. Alan Campbell – Moyle Rovers
    3. John Meagher – Loughmore-Castleiney
    4. Shane O’Connell – Golden-Kilfeacle
    5. Kevin Fahey – Clonmel Commercials
    6. Robbie Kiely – Carbery Rangers
    7. Emmett Moloney – Drom-Inch
    8. Steven O’Brien – Ballina
    9. Liam Casey – Cahir
    10. Josh Keane – Golden-Kilfeacle
    11. Paul Maher – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    12. Brian Fox – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
    13. Conor Sweeney (Capt.) – Ballyporeen
    14. Michael Quinlivan – Clonmel Commercials
    15. Liam McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney

16. Michael O’Reilly – Clonmel Commercials
    17. Jimmy Feehan – Killenaule
    18. Bill Maher – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    19. Gavin Whelan – Ardfinnan
    20. Jack Kennedy – Clonmel Commercials
    21. Daire Brennan – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    22. Liam Boland – Moyle Rovers
    23. Dan O’Meara – Kiladangan
    24. Ben Hyland – Fr. Sheehy’s
    25. John Lyons – Grangemockler-Ballyneale
    26. Jack Delahunty – Newport

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Kerins shouldn't be given another game, no point as we will get another hammering in the qualifiers with him in charge. Absolute embarrassment all year culminating with today, one of the worst results in the last decade for us.

Obvious that our football coaches do not coach our forwards to take on the backs.
    Limerick took on our backs and scored three great goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Mokuba wrote: »
    Kerins shouldn't be given another game, no point as we will get another hammering in the qualifiers with him in charge. Absolute embarrassment all year culminating with today, one of the worst results in the last decade for us.

i agree totally , what tipperary have done under age and behind the scenes over the last few years deserve better leadership then what they have , i dont rate the guy at all , someone like Charlie McGeever deserves a shot at it i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Triboro

+1 for Charlie

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

I would be happy with McGeever and Declan Laffan of Loughmore in some capacity ! 2 Men with Tipp Football knowledge . I feel with Kearns all he wants is Championship success . He doesn`t care about Tipp Football long term as he won`t be around unlike John Evans who tried with considerable success to develop Football at all levels ! Yesterday was a shambles and hopefully today Kearns does the decent thing ! ! !

I wasn't at the match last night so I won't comment on that but I'd always try and get to a few games every year and there are a lot of reoccurring things. How many times have we been in complete control of league matches and lost them in the last five mins?
    Last year against Cork we completely flopped same last night by the sounds of it.
    There is a lot more in that team than Kearns is getting out of them.
    With Quinliven Sweeney we have to be putting up more than 1.11

3 things today which will be crucial and if we can them right we should win, 1 puck outs, both our puck out strategy and also how we deal with corks. 2 what's our plan to combat the lack of pace especially in the backs? 3 James Barry, good full back but Hoggie has the ability to roast him, if that happens we need a plan B.

Big day for Sheedy.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I would be happy with McGeever and Declan Laffan of Loughmore in some capacity ! 2 Men with Tipp Football knowledge . I feel with Kearns all he wants is Championship success . He doesn`t care about Tipp Football long term as he won`t be around unlike John Evans who tried with considerable success to develop Football at all levels ! Yesterday was a shambles and hopefully today Kearns does the decent thing ! ! !

We have 2 championship wins since our semi final loss in 2016, one of which was against Waterford!

Some of the players we have are top class. No excuses any more. He needs to go now.

• Advertisement

3 things today which will be crucial and if we can them right we should win, 1 puck outs, both our puck out strategy and also how we deal with corks. 2 what's our plan to combat the lack of pace especially in the backs? 3 James Barry, good full back but Hoggie has the ability to roast him, if that happens we need a plan B.

Big day for Sheedy.

I think Barrett will pick up Horgan but Cork will definitely try and move Barry around maybe with Harnedy. The midfield and forwards need to work really hard to stop the pin point passes that Cork will be trying to put in.
    To be honest I think Cork might have a bigger problem at fullback than we have though. Cadogan isnt great either. Forde could go to town on him.

Triboro wrote: »
    +1 for Charlie

Yes, Charlie McGreever's time has come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭nw5iytvs0lf1uz

Today will tell a lot. Nice sunny day against a younger faster cork in cork.
    Win today and it’s sets tipp up for hopefully getting to an all Ireland semi which would be a good year
    Lose and while not impossible it does make getting out of Munster very hard

I think for tipp to win today they will need the bench when introduced to perform to a very high standard.
    I just think cork are a better team then us at moment and will win by 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ehm... did they not give the goal to Callanan there???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I would be happy with McGeever and Declan Laffan of Loughmore in some capacity! 2 Men with Tipp Football knowledge. I feel with Kearns all he wants is Championship success. He doesnt care about Tipp Football long term as he wont be around unlike John Evans who tried with considerable success to develop Football at all levels! Yesterday was a shambles and hopefully today Kearns does the decent thing!!!
    Should he have to care about football long term in the county? His job is to do best he can in the here and now(not that looks like he's getting anywhere near that right now)
    callaway92 wrote: »
    Ehm... did they not give the goal to Callanan there???
    They did i thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Best game Niall O’Meara has had in a Tipp jersey, I was very impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

As a Clare man I feel that Tipp will reach an Munster final and All-Ireland final at least this year. I am expecting savage workrate and intensity from Liam Sheedy's men this year. Along with the addition of Eamonn O'Shea an outstanding coach and innovator to the Tipp backroom team, I think that fans in the Premier county can expect a most positive 2019. I believe that a fit Brendan Maher will be huge for the Tipp men. Jason Forde, Seamus Callanan, Jake Morris, Noel McGrath, John McGrath and if back to his 2016 best, Bubbles will be huge players for what Sheedy is trying to implement his pressing attacking style to his side. Those 6 alone will put up at least 18 to 20 points between them in most matches.

The big question is always about their defense. I would expect some of the 6 players that I mentioned to drop back deep and offer protection and do their own job in tracking Cork's running game on Sunday.

For the record, I do expect Tipp to have wins over Cork, Waterford and Clare. That will mean 6 points from 3 matches and with Limerick on the last game of the Munster Championship round robin and if as expected they also achieve 3 wins from 3 before the 16th of June clash then get set for one hell of a Munster final between both teams, come the last day in June.

Just exactly as I called it in the above. Tipp most impressive today. Paudie Maher was a class apart in the defense. While in attack, Bubbles looks like he in the best physical shape he ever has been. Callanan immense. The two McGraths brilliant. Liam Sheedy is the real deal though. They looked exceptionally fit too and the new S&C coach is doing trojan work with them by all accounts. Eamonn O'Shea's return to the Tipp set-up is just huge.

It was my opinion that Tipp would win Liam McCarthy this year. However I also thought that Galway would be thereabouts too. On the basis of their lacklustre display against Carlow today, you would be a bit worried about the tribesmen. Anyways a great day for the Premier county. Roll on June 2nd in Ennis where the battlelines are set to be drawn. Should be a cracker. Before that the Tipp lads take on Waterford next weekend. The championship is well and truly alive and well.

It's one game. Good win but after not even winning a game last year we should be taking each game as it comes. Focus on finishing 3rd and anything else is a bonus.

Great day though. They look so much fitter which is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

That catch on the end line by John Mac - just phenomenal! Thats my moment of the match right there. I'm delighted about a lot of things today but, most of all, to see the smile on Johns face again, the sheer unalloyed joy of playing and scoring, being at the heart of it all. It had been missing for a little bit i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭nw5iytvs0lf1uz

Bubbles like a different man looks lean and fit and was back to his best today
    It was a good crowd today and a good game
    Waterford will be a good one too so hope good tipp crowd will be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Mokuba wrote: »
    It's one game. Good win but after not even winning a game last year we should be taking each game as it comes. Focus on finishing 3rd and anything else is a bonus.

Exactly - some bullsh*t already about Tipp being main contenders for the All-Ireland, a long way to go. Next Sunday is going to be a tricky match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

A lot of positives to take from today, a good win and a good performance but most importantly the attitude and hunger was a step up from the last few seasons.
    The forwards came away from a lot of rucks with the ball but shooting was a bit off today.
    The backs gave away too many frees but it seemed to be a tactic to prevent Cork running through us. It was cynical at times but we'll take winning dirty

Biggest difference from last year was our clever use of the ball throughout the field, it had Eamonn O'Shea's mark all over it. Very rarely did backs just lump the ball forward.

Today's performance doesn't make us one of the top contenders yet but other counties will have sat up and taken note

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

marvin80 wrote: »
    Exactly - some bullsh*t already about Tipp being main contenders for the All-Ireland, a long way to go. Next Sunday is going to be a tricky match.

Tbf haven’t heard much of that talk.
    However, today’s a great start. We beat one of the contenders away from home.

I thought we were in trouble once I saw Sheedy go back to the likes of bubbles and the bonnar.
    But fair play to all of them. We’ve been struggling since the league final 2017. Great to see the team flow like that.

Don’t think we’ll be too far off. Don’t believe all the hype re limerick. Won’t be much between any of the Munster sides in this championship

All credit to Liam Sheedy. Even knowing he needed Eamon O Shea back working with the players. I was wondering at one stage had he been too quick naming Seamie as captain, was it coming back to bite him, but no way, Seamie was my man of the match today, his hunger and workrate along with his obvious skills were excellent.
    The half backline really nullified so many Cork puck outs, ity really scuppered much of the Cork game plan. I was dissapointed with Michael Breen today, thought the game passed him by, otherwise I thought we were excellent. Lovely to see Brendan Maher back in Blue and Gold and lording it at wing back. We have struggled to fill Declan Fannings void on that wing for a long time.

Should he have to care about football long term in the county? His job is to do best he can in the here and now(not that looks like he's getting anywhere near that right now)

They did i thought.

Why would he ? He is a Mercenary , here for the short haul , he`s gone one way or another at the end of this year ! McGeever and Laffan would have a better knowledge and understanding of the game within Tipp and entice lads onto the Football Panel who might be happy to sit on the Hurley bench or on the fringes of it for example .

Interesting to see Jason Lonergan in the Stand last night , Kearns wasn`t fair with him after Lonergan went to the USA for the Summer a couple of years ago and he fell out of favour ! I wouldn`t be Lonergans biggest fan but he is young and has potential and given proper coaching and development who knows ? Time for the right local people to be involved I feel !

• Advertisement

Why would he ? He is a Mercenary , here for the short haul , he`s gone one way or another at the end of this year ! McGeever and Laffan would have a better knowledge and understanding of the game within Tipp and entice lads onto the Football Panel who might be happy to sit on the Hurley bench or on the fringes of it for example .

Interesting to see Jason Lonergan in the Stand last night , Kearns wasn`t fair with him after Lonergan went to the USA for the Summer a couple of years ago and he fell out of favour ! I wouldn`t be Lonergans biggest fan but he is young and has potential and given proper coaching and development who knows ? Time for the right local people to be involved I feel !

Hey id agree that its probably time for a new man, but I think you are being a tad unfair to Liam here. I think he's achieved alot with us during his four seasons, and that he has done the best he can. I wont fault his effort one bit but i do feel the element of surprise was gone from us after 2016.

Looking at the likes of Carlow though under Turlough O'Brien, or Laois hurling under Cheddar Plunkett, i think Tipperary need a true Tipp football man of similar mould who loves and is invested in Tipperary football. Nothing against outside expertise but sometimes you have to go back to basics and find someone who is invested emotionally and who can provide a plan and some better structure for future.

Look at the hurling, Liam Sheedy is probably not noted for his individual training ground input, but what he is good at is delegating, motivating, planning and recruiting the very best. And Liam does this because he loves Tipperary hurling and wants to see us amongst the very best. Thats the calibre Tipp football need to aim. Whether we have that calibre of football personnel in the county or not who knows.

No team would live with the ferocity and will that Tipp played with today. It's no coincidence that Sheedy kept referring to our lack of physicality from last two years in any interview ive read and that we had alot of work to do.

That work showed today. We got stuck in from the first whistle. Cork were absolutely shell shocked. Liam knew we couldnt go gung ho for the league and expect to be in peak physical form for this round robin. He has has learned the lesson from his predecessor Mick Ryan.

We do it all again next week. We have to go back to the well and prepare for a young Waterford team who will no doubt have a point to prove. Interesting couple of weeks ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Hey id agree that its probably time for a new man, but I think you are being a tad unfair to Liam here. I think he's achieved alot with us during his four seasons, and that he has done the best he can. I wont fault his effort one bit but i do feel the element of surprise was gone from us after 2016.

Looking at the likes of Carlow though under Turlough O'Brien, or Laois hurling under Cheddar Plunkett, i think Tipperary need a true Tipp football man of similar mould who loves and is invested in Tipperary football. Nothing against outside expertise but sometimes you have to go back to basics and find someone who is invested emotionally and who can provide a plan and some better structure for future.

Look at the hurling, Liam Sheedy is probably not noted for his individual training ground input, but what he is good at is delegating, motivating, planning and recruiting the very best. And Liam does this because he loves Tipperary hurling and wants to see us amongst the very best. Thats the calibre Tipp football need to aim. Whether we have that calibre of football personnel in the county or not who knows.
    No team would live with the ferocity and will that Tipp played with today. It's no coincidence that Sheedy kept referring to our lack of physicality from last two years in any interview ive read and that we had alot of work to do.

That work showed today. We got stuck in from the first whistle. Cork were absolutely shell shocked. Liam knew we couldnt go gung ho for the league and expect to be in peak physical form for this round robin. He has has learned the lesson from his predecessor Mick Ryan.

We do it all again next week. We have to go back to the well and prepare for a young Waterford team who will no doubt have a point to prove. Interesting couple of weeks ahead

starting with football , really tipp need someone that understands tipp football , kerins did well in year one but never really got the best out of the squad after that , colm collins had no intercounty experience when taken over us in 2013 but had a strong club career as club player and later manager and understood what it took to get lads to commit especially in a hurling county i dont think any kerry man is prepared for that ,

in hurling as i said in the clare thread tonight there is no denying talent in the tipp squad but confidence is a huge issue ,but eamon o'shea is a huge
    influence on this side , i remember meeting him at a clare game against galway a few years back , we got hammered the same day in thurles in a all ireland 1/4 , he was there with mike ryan and declan fanning , he asked us at half time about out opinion on davy fitz tactics at the time and how he taught were much more suited to playing direct hurling and just go for it and see what you have rather then sit back , i disagreed with him that day, fitz left afterwards and last year clare adopted the style of hurling he was talking about and nearly won the all ireland

looking at tipp today they look braver than last year already 11 different scorers i think but most importantly a confidant look all over the field , bubbles has almost been non existent for the last 18 months until today , huge improvement in fairness even if it is only round 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

digzy wrote: »
    Tbf haven’t heard much of that talk.

Commentators on RTE mentioned it and Paddy Power have them 2nd favourites - I suppose they have their own agendas

I never said anything about what he has done for us in the previous 3 years at Senior level . I was asked ( post 7226 ) if Kearns cares about Football long term in the County , he doesn`t ! Do yo believe otherwise ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Look at the crowd they drew against Limerick.

The general public in Tipp just don't give a hoot about the footballers. It's very sad but it's the truth.

If attitudes didn't change when they were winning underage titles and reaching a SFC semi final then they never will.

Realistically we're not winning anything with the footballers so an early exit might be no harm and pump all available resources into the hurlers to try and get the Mccarthy Cup back.

Was an excellent performance down in cork, certainly answered some questions. Still it's a long season and Cork were very poor I thought, our forwards won't get that space again. Win against Waterford and we'll be almost through to the knock out stages and then anything can happen.

O'Meara certainly will be a loss, he's been very good this season but we should enough on the bench to fill in until he gets back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Realistically we're not winning anything with the footballers so an early exit might be no harm and pump all available resources into the hurlers to try and get the Mccarthy Cup back.

I would not agree.

We have got some really talented footballers and we should do everything we can to support them in their chosen sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Xenophile wrote: »
    I would not agree.

We have got some really talented footballers and we should do everything we can to support them in their chosen sport.

What are we going to win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

digzy wrote: »
    What are we going to win?
    Did he say tipp are going to win anything?
    More disagreeing about the point that an early exit for footballers would be a good thing as it would allow more resources go towards hurling?

Xenophile wrote: »
    I would not agree.

Absolutely, we've got some talented footballers and yes they should be supported but let's be honest here we ain't winning anything this year. We lost to a Limerick side that are arguably one of the worst in Ireland. That's why I said it might be no harm to be put out of our misery and put the remaining resources into getting the absolute best out of the hurlers who have a realistic chance of winning silverware.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Absolutely, we've got some talented footballers and yes they should be supported but let's be honest here we ain't winning anything this year. We lost to a Limerick side that are arguably one of the worst in Ireland. That's why I said it might be no harm to be put out of our misery and put the remaining resources into getting the absolute best out of the hurlers who have a realistic chance of winning silverware.

What do you mean by "remaining resources" ? From what I've been told there is up to €10000 a week available to the SH Panel and backroom Team which is outlandish for an "amateur" sport ! How many more people do you expect to be called into the backroom Team , Eoin Kelly being the latest !

It's like this , there is a hardcore group that get so much enjoyment from following Tipp Football , if we were to end up down at the bottom of Division 4 we would still follow them regardless !

Are Offaly , Wexford and/or Waterford who were beaten in the first round of their Football Championships ( we have alot more Footballing talent than them ) going down the road you suggest ? I wouldn't think so ! ! !

The Attendence for season tickets for the Cork match have been updated and the Waterford tickets are available to print now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

marvin80 wrote: »
    OAOB wrote: »

Today's performance doesn't make us one of the top contenders yet but other counties will have sat up and taken note

Can I ask you both that if Tipp aren't one of the top contenders who to jaysus are?
    farmerval wrote: »
    I was dissapointed with Michael Breen today, thought the game passed him by, otherwise I thought we were excellent.

I thought Breen had a fine game, I was watching him closely at the match and he completely sacrificed his own game in order to curtail Fitzgibbon who has done untold damage to Tipp in the past, Breen's role is to compliment Noel and allow Noel to pull the strings, its not realistic to have two guys dominating possession and controlling play in midfield, he's the perfect foil for Noel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Fair play to Tipp after a fantastic performance Sunday. Hard to see anyone beating them this year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement