Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Grats wrote: »
    How pathetic from Liam Sheedy to blame the loss because of a Munster ref. There were clearly issues within his own control that he ought to address first.

He never said anything of the sort. That's pathetic of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Faiche Ro

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Can you explain the point of this statement?

Pay no heed, some rival fans think it’s a great barometer to hold Tipp to. As soon as we win 2, the real test will be 3 in a row, most other counties struggle to even win 1.

The almighty limerick team couldn’t do it last year yet the narrative was they got ‘caught’. But when Tipp get narrowly bet by a good team it’s “look look told ya told ya, theyre ****e’

It’s going to be extremely difficult fir anyone to do back to back for the next couple of years and as a Tipp man I’m ok with that. A competitive hurling championship is excellent to watch. As long as we’re competitive in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Faiche Ro wrote: »
    Pay no heed, some rival fans think it’s a great barometer to hold Tipp to. As soon as we win 2, the real test will be 3 in a row, most other counties struggle to even win 1.

The almighty limerick team couldn’t do it last year yet the narrative was they got ‘caught’. But when Tipp get narrowly bet by a good team it’s “look look told ya told ya, theyre ****e’

It’s going to be extremely difficult fir anyone to do back to back for the next couple of years and as a Tipp man I’m ok with that. A competitive hurling championship is excellent to watch.

Spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Faiche Ro

It’s going to be extremely difficult fir anyone to do back to back for the next couple of years and as a Tipp man I’m ok with that. A competitive hurling championship is excellent to watch. As long as we’re competitive in it.

Also I should add...congrats to Galway today and I hope ye go on and win it. Very admirable team.

I'd love to see Waterford win it. But I would have no problem with Galway winning it either. It's a class Galway side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

formerlyET wrote: »
    He never said anything of the sort. That's pathetic of you.

A tiny extract from his interview - Sheedy, who raised questions about the lead-up to Aidan Harte’s late goal for Galway as well as the first yellow card issued to Cathal Barrett before he was sent off in the 53rd minute, believed the referee should have been a Leinster one.

I respectfully suggest you read his interview. It surprised and disappointed most people on Irish Examiner Facebook.

Anyway, we'll leave it at that and let ye enjoy your build up to the Final tomorrow. Good luck in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

Like true champions lads, ye went down fighting. Can't ask for any more than that.

Cracking game we were fortunate to come out on top of. For some reason we always bring out the best in each other and rarely more than one score between the sides. A good rivalry. The only downside was none of us were in the stadium to watch it

Tipp appeared in 6 finals (7 including a replay) since 2009 and won 3 of those while coming to a whisker away from winning in 14. They've been incredibly consistent and a group of players that will be remembered very fondly by anyone who knows the game. Cheap journalists and barstoolers can f-off.

At the moment we have 5/6 teams capable of winning an All Ireland. Nothing was said about Galway's failure to retain Liam McCarthy, or Limericks or Clare's, but Its a stick continously used to beat Tipp with. Would that Kilkenny team do 4 in a row at this present moment in time with the standard that hurling has risen to? It would be considerably more difficult thats for sure.

I wont lie, i was absolutely gutted we lost today and feel we were our own worst enemy at times, but in truth, that performance against Limerick told us we need to badly start rebuilding. We simply need to start bringing more to the table. We are in a good place, but really need to start driving on.

Grats wrote: »
    A tiny extract from his interview - Sheedy, who raised questions about the lead-up to Aidan Harte’s late goal for Galway as well as the first yellow card issued to Cathal Barrett before he was sent off in the 53rd minute, believed the referee should have been a Leinster one.

I respectfully suggest you read his interview. It surprised and disappointed most people on Irish Examiner Facebook.

Anyway, we'll leave it at that and let ye enjoy your build up to the Final tomorrow. Good luck in it.
    “It’s not sour grapes in any shape or form and I do not want to take away from Galway but I do think a little bit of understanding and not trying to compromise people and put them in positions where various counties are still left in the championship it just makes things a little bit trickier. I want to be very clear - the best team won on the day, Galway deserved to win through to the All-Ireland semi-final."

Thanks. Enjoy the champioship.

• Advertisement

Tipp appeared in 6 finals (7 including a replay) since 2009 and won 3 of those while coming to a whisker away from winning in 14. They've been incredibly consistent and a group of players that will be remembered very fondly by anyone who knows the game. Cheap journalists and barstoolers can f-off.

At the moment we have 5/6 teams capable of winning an All Ireland. Nothing was said about Galway's failure to retain Liam McCarthy, or Limericks or Clare's, but Its a stick continously used to beat Tipp with. Would that Kilkenny team do 4 in a row at this present moment in time with the standard that hurling has risen to? It would be considerably more difficult thats for sure.

I wont lie, i was absolutely gutted we lost today and feel we were our own worst enemy at times, but in truth, that performance against Limerick told us we need to badly start rebuilding. We simply need to start bringing more to the table. We are in a good place, but really need to start driving on.

Also to add to that, some of the hurling played by those Tipp hurlers and, in particular, the goals scored, were spectacular. Really imaginative, sublime hurling. And that quality matters too. It captures kids' imaginations and keeps kids playing the sport. I don't know what Carroll and Plunkett were on about the other day but I've lost count of people from other counties telling me they love watching Tipp. And they'll be back - Bubbles included - they've got one more year in them at least. I don't think we need to start rebuilding but Dillon Quirke, Cadell, Quigley, Connors, and a few others, Bowe, Seymour will hopefully push on.

Also to add to that, some of the hurling played by those Tipp hurlers and, in particular, the goals scored, were spectacular. Really imaginative, sublime hurling. And that quality matters too. It captures kids' imaginations and keeps kids playing the sport. I don't know what Carroll and Plunkett were on about the other day but I've lost count of people from other counties telling me they love watching Tipp. And they'll be back - Bubbles included - they've got one more year in them at least. I don't think we need to start rebuilding but Dillon Quirke, Cadell, Quigley, Connors, and a few others, Bowe, Seymour will hopefully push on.

Even Father Time is catching up on Brendan a bit although to be fair to Brendan, he's hurled an awful lot this past year between club and county. We badly need to start blooding more players and they really need to start stepping up. Its tougher on a youth player now because you are going up against the likes of big Dan Morrissey, Gearoid Mcinerney. Some giants really. I think Seymour, Cadell, Byrne, Connolly, Brian Mcgrath, Bowe, Ormonde need to be given the league. Jake has shipped alot of stick today but in all truth, i think we need to be getting much better ball into those lads.

That said, I seen a split second of coverage from behind the goal last week for Waterford against Limerick and the constant movement of Seamus Flanagan and Gillane around that forty. How on earth would you mark that? That's the level we are up against. 2 years ago, Flanagan brought Daithi Burke on a tour of Croke Park. since Lar Corbett retired, we've maybe lacked that player who can roam freely and drag his marker all over the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Thought ye were in control of the game up to the red card.And if ye had got back to croke park would have been difficult to stop as i think ye were improving. Strange year probably didn't suit defending champions
    Stop start nature and club crossover. Plenty hurlers in tipp no fear of ye
    And Cahill getting a valuable apprenticeship in Waterford. I know he told
    The u21 lads last year he was looking forward to winning a senior with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Down to the last 6 in the football, I'll take that :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭farmerval

Yesterday was a funny game, we didn't have to do a lot to go six clear and Galway didn't do a lot to cut it back to 2 points before the red card.

At times early on some of our old warriors looked old, slow to move, slow to think. The greatest thing from 2020 was that brilliant players for us, Paidi, Brendan, Noel, Seamie, all the ones that played in 2008 and 2009 got their third All Ireland medals, so richly deserved for they are Giants of the game.

However now's the time to look forward and build in the superb underage players of the last five years.

We need to be looking at a new spine of the team, Ronan will be at 3 or 6 for the foreseeable, Barry Heffernan has proved he's good enough. we really need someone to tie down at least one midfield spot and find a centre forward. Billy McCarty's injuries may be robbing us of an outstanding prospect.

We appear to have a good few wing players such as the Flynn's etc but we need the spine first.

Barry Heffernan is showing himself as a really good marker particularly of a half forward that's dropping deep. Heffernan has no issue with popping up for a score when he's up the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Yes, you're right. I will pay no heed to it. It's a trolling attempt and I nearly took the bait. I was going to educate that particular poster with a history lesson and facts but it's really not worth my time. Best thing to do is block that troll and ignore them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Brilliant analysis by you both.

O'Riordan starts, will be interesting to see how he goes.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Come on Tipp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Lads, just wondering O'Riordan's club is down as Killea, taught he played with JK Brackens before going down under

Lads, just wondering O'Riordan's club is down as Killea, taught he played with JK Brackens before going down under

Brackens yes but is he from Killea?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Or, in this case, the babies in with the bathwater. I don't think Sheedy will either. He is quite conservative. It's very hard to break into panel and team - you really have to prove yourself. Dillon Quirke looked very strong in the league and didn't get much game time. Sheedy always favours experience. That's why his relationship with O'Shea works - complete opposites. O'Shea is more likely to experiment. I think O'Shea got his way for that first game in terms of selection - and Sheedy reverted to type then.

Saying the team needs a new spine is over the top in my estimation. That will happen naturally in about a year to two years I'd say.

The summer isn't very far away. Hopefully Bubbles is back motoring. His loss yesterday cannot be over estimated. Has been crucial against Galway before.
    People have talked Limerick up as a template here but they have yet to prove they are the template inmy opinion. They may well do and they're best placed to do so but it hasn't happened yet.

GO ON TIPP. GO ON THE FOOTBALLERS. really hope they do it. Only wish I was there to see it.

I'll be buying that Power cap anyway. FACT. GO ON TIPP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Hurling talk can wait, for now it's all about the Footballers, hon Tipp!

Quinvilan with a precision pass - lovely timing. Need that kind of ambition and creativity today. Follows it up with a fantastic point from the sideline - makes it look effortless.

O'Riordan kicking style has changed for obvious reasons. It's very effective. Class player.

Brilliant first half from Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

The nerves Bhoys , hon Tipp to f@ck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

The nerves Bhoys , hon Tipp to f@ck !

When was the last time Tipp won the Munster football final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

tanko wrote: »
    When was the last time Tipp won the Munster football final?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Well done tipp:)

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooow. UNBELIEVABLE. Amazing. What an outfit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Absolutely delighted for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Congratulations tipp great day for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Well done tipp. Great to bridge a gap of 85 years. And this is coming from a Galway man who wanted to see your county beaten yesterday.

Make sure ye beat Mayo now. :pac:

Well done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mushy wrote: »

Heartiest congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭moghrasa

Fair f*cks to ye lads, seeing what it means to the Tipp coaches and players is a beautiful testament to the elation that this sport can bring to you, despite constant groans about football. 85 years of hurt no more. What's rare is wonderful as they say. Enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Not the semi-final ye would have expected a few weeks ago. Sterling display.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well done lads. Great win.

Gonna be a good semi final.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Well done Tipp footballers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

In tears here,unbelievable performance,so proud for tipp football

Delighted for all ye Tipp lads on here. It's a fantastic achievement. And on the Bloody Sunday Anniversary you couldn't make it up. On the phone to my Tipp parents and their very emotional but so proud. Brilliant stuff. Hon Tipp !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

We done tip great result
    But we are waiting............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

Congratulations Tipp from a nervous Cavanman
    All going well we will see ye in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

2018 qualifier game vs Mayo showed we should have no fear of them.

On top for 2/3 of that game before a massive slice of luck with their goal and we imploded. Fair play to them for putting us to the sword too.

Let's enjoy this but the focus should very much be on the Mayo match now as we are capable of beating them too.

• Advertisement

The best thing about this performance was that they outplayed and outsmarted Cork - should have won by more. Not a fluke last minute goal. Just beat them man on man and won deservedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Well done Tipp, great performance and keep them jerseys while ye're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭supernova5

from a Clare man, so thrilled for Tipp, you just couldn't write the script, one hundred years after that fateful day and your county wearing those same jerseys, surely going to be the biggest selling Gaa shirt into the future

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Congrats lads - love seeing underage work pay off and delighted for David Power for the trojan amount of work that he has put into Tipperary football.

Jersey available from O Neills and Elverys from December 4th according to the match day programme

O'Riordan treasures the jersey. Couldn't have a better representative.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement