Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Historic day needless to say and well deserved, will o riordan be around for the semi? Think anyone that follows the footballers know they've enough quality to match most teams of the day and today they showed that in bucket loads. Enjoy the celebrations lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Fair play Tipp that was bubbling under since 2011 minors.
    Great to see the emotion. Pity no fans there. Tipp should wear that geansaí more often!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Fair play to Tipp. Great to see it on today of all days.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KIB4Life

Well Done Tipp, great performance. Hopefully it won’t be 28 years until the next team outside of Cork and Kerry wins Munster. Ye can definitely put it up to Mayo, like ye did in 2016 and 2018, and hopefully ye can get over the line this time.
    For me it wasn’t a shock that Tipp won a much better team overall and a team with better balance.

Colin O’Riordan was outstanding in the 2nd half brilliant from him with some of his outstanding catches. Sweeney and Quinlivan were class as they usually are and hopefully Colm O’Rourke will know them now after their performance today, absolutely disgraceful what he said before that game that they weren’t well known, if they are not well known no player is well known.

The Tipp’s defence was very tenacious Brian Fox and Kevin Fahey outstanding. The Tipp full back line of Campbell, Feehan and O’Shaunesshy didn’t give the Cork forwards a sniff, there is no reason why ye can’t win more, hopefully ourselves in Clare can take inspiration in this win and Limerick too because we wouldn’t usually have fear of Tipp, but now we know that Kerry aren’t as good as they are made out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Tipp 77

They did the county proud today. No negative football just never took a step back went in hard for every tackle kept going forward believed in themselves and scored some brilliant points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Congratulations......breath it in.....call your dad......text your school friend.....tweet your emotions.....poke someone....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

From your neighbours and fellow footballing backwater Waterford congratulations, This Tipp team have matured into a very fine football team who I think will be a serious force in Croke park, always nice to upset the applecart!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Congrats Tipp, what a match, the history, the jerseys and what a performance. Quinlivan and Sweeney are 2 of the best forwards in the game. Colin O'Riordan was immense and great interviews after from him and Sweeney. Ye deserve this, been knocking on the door for several years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

The Daddy is a Templemore man who had a tough year with cancer and thankfully in recovery. This was the best xmas present ever for him:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭almostover

I'm a dejected Corkman today but all credit must go to Tipp for a historic victory. Tipp fully deserved the win. They were direct and creative when moving forward with the ball and defended manfully. Their midfield got to grips with ours after 20mins or so and battled very well. Managed to get parity around the middle against our highly vaunted midfield pair. Their players took some lovely scores too, confident in their abilities. I worked for a few years in Clonmel and I'm sure they're delighted today in the football heartland of Tipp. Sweeney and Quinlivan are very talented players. Nice to see them win a medal. Casey was excellent at mid field and Fahy was excellent at centre back. These guys are fine players. A poignant victory in the old colours from Bloody Sunday. I'm dejected with the Cork performance but I must congratulate Tipp, would love to see them kick on and give Mayo a huge game. Would be great to see this bring football on more in Tipp too. Congrats!

• Advertisement

Absolutely marvellous today to be a Tipperarian on this day of all days. Mick Hogan and all those Great Gaels who've gone to their eternal rest would be smiling down upon us.

Absolutely Delighted for all involved. Credit especially to our manager who has led us to Minor All-Ireland and Munster honours. Now he has led us to a Senior Munster title. Our first since 1935. And its fantastic that the likes of Fox, Philly Austin, Robbie Kiely, Conor Sweeney, Quinny, Comerford, Shaughs, Kevin Fahey (alongside Fox, a contender for MOTM today) and all those long-serving stalwarts that have soldiered on for years have got their long-coveted medal.

Look at all the great players who have passed through over the years. Decky Browne, Peter lambert, Ciaran McDonald, Brian Lacey, that unfortunately never got that chance. And as for Colin O'Riordan himself, immense today. Himself and O'Brien won the all-important battle in the middle. Ian Maguire has been a thorn in our side for years but today we totally broke up his influence. The stars seemed to align for us today in this year of all years. Ill definitely have a bottle (or two) in celebration.

Thanks again Cork for a great game and hardest of luck.

after the disappointment of yesterday its great to have a smile on our face again today. Up Tipp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Great win by Tipp

Love the centenary kit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

100 years on from Bloody Sunday, exact same All-Ireland semi-final pairings as that year
    Cavan v Dublin
    Tipperary v Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Congrats Tipp from a limerick man unreal win for ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

From Dublin and only have a passing interest in GAA but that Tipp footballer's Jersey is class looking, should be a big seller for Christmas.
    Well done today.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭supernova5

formerlyET wrote: »
    100 years on from Bloody Sunday, exact same All-Ireland semi-final pairings as that year
    Cavan v Dublin
    Tipperary v Mayo

thats quite spooky when you think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Well done today lads. Ye deserved it. Hope ye have everyone available against Mayo.

Frustrated with our lads but nothing new there with following cork footballers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭farmerval

Statue of Michael Hogan unveiled in Grangemockler this morning. Loads of people there all day lovely to see. Really proud to see Green and White winning a Munster Final, just brilliant!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Illium

Can we assume the goalkeeper jersey from today will be on sale from December 4?

Great day. Proud of them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Nice to see congrats from other Munster counties. I always hoped every year someone other than the big 2 would win it and Limerick,Clare and ourselves came close before and only the '92 win still was all i witnessed and i'm not too far from 50 :eek: For years even in underage there was never anything but a Cork/Kerry final either.
    Was at the '84 minor AI final and it was a lean time for many years after. With nobody from South or West Tipp starting the hurling yesterday and 11 South and 1 West player starting today and another 9 South on the bench it feels very different to the hurling yesterday in one way. We almost have more of a connection with Waterford now with Liam Cahill in charge being local than many hurlers from places we have never been in and don't know anybody from. A far cry from the days of the 8 west/2 south in the '89 final taking part.
    Sun was shining on Grangemockler this morning when passing through,pity nowhere open tonight though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

As a Clareman many congrats on a gteat win today..Thrilled..

Myself and my nephew were looking at the jersey last night, I said I'd wear that myself...he wouldn't !!
    I think it's lovely..

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Brilliant win for tipp today some day 2day for tipp and cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

Congrats on the great win today! Wonderful to see the excitement afterwards. Sweeney, Quinlivan etc are outstanding players and I'm delighted to see them get a Munster medal. A special mention for Brian Fox, a real leader for Tipp. A special weekend for Tipp and a lovely way to end it. Enjoy the celebrations :)

P.S: hopefully the county board will give the footballers more support. Same thing here in Limerick, not enough support given to football, but you saw today that it means a lot and a Munster football medal should be cherished. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

From a Galway man, well done to Tipperary today. Great to see, great for football. A long wait!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

secman wrote: »
    From Dublin and only have a passing interest in GAA but that Tipp footballer's Jersey is class looking, should be a big seller for Christmas.
    Well done today.

We ended the drive for five....Can we end your mix for six??:P

in all honesty, its Dublins to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

From a Dub. Many, many congrats to Tipp today. Great to see it going outside the usual suspects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Hats off to a fine Tipp team on a truely excellent display.
    Delighted to see ye get over the line in such a well deserved manner.
    Having seen Limerick fall just short on a few occasions it was great to see the sheer joy of the squad and management at the final whistle. Dubious decisions by some refs cost us dearly in a few finals and the flashbacks returned today when a perfect goal was disallowed. For some reason the 'big teams' always get these decisions, but thankfully today the 'little team' drove on regardless.
    So well done Tipp.

Riordan is a some player, hope he plays the Semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

On the weekend that was in it to do that with your captain with 14 on his back was extraordinary

On the weekend that was in it to do that with your captain with 14 on his back was extraordinary

14 on his back?? Im not getting the significance here. Sweeney normally wears that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭mitchelsontour

14 on his back?? Im not getting the significance here. Sweeney normally wears that.

The number of dead on Bloody Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

14 innocent souls murdered on Bloody Sunday, and Michael Hogan was also the Tipp captain. Fairly sure he was a full-back.
    Astonishingly, the four teams that contested the semi-finals in 1920 were : Dublin, Tipp, Mayo and Cavan....:D:D

P.S.. whoever thought up of that idea to incorporate the Grangemockler Club jersey with the Tipp county one deserves a special award. One of the finest i've seen, especially with Hogan's picture vaguely visible on the sleeve. Take a bow.

The number of dead on Bloody Sunday.

Christ. Of course, how could i forget. yes quite coincidental. Hollywood couldnt write half the coincidences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerianam

Tipp 77 wrote: »
    They did the county proud today. No negative football just never took a step back went in hard for every tackle kept going forward believed in themselves and scored some brilliant points.

Mayo girl here. Congratulations and respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Lads I am delighted for ye , its at least 10 years in the making,

I always backed this group as top top class , to have a mini golden generation in hurling and reach two all Ireland football semi finals in 4 years is some going, to win it this weekend would nearly bring tears to your eyes , delighted for this group of players most of them are division 1 standard not 3 , id like to meet the Tyrone lads from that 21s final tonight to see what they have to say about ye now ,

Up the country no one has any idea how hard it is to merge both codes , most football counties are still whinging about Dublin , willie connors Stephen o Brian and the McGraths could come in handy €ðŸ˜‚

Illium wrote: »
    Can we assume the goalkeeper jersey from today will be on sale from December 4?

Great day. Proud of them all.

That was a beaut. Both were.

To see Philip Austin get a point was unbelievable - he really deserved a Munster medal.

To see Philip Austin get a point was unbelievable - he really deserved a Munster medal.

And with his first touch. Incredible stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Well deserved indeed. So many others never won Munster, Franny Kelly,Derry Foley,Gene McGrath,John Owens,Peter Lambert,Babs,Brian Burke,Declan Browne etc etc. Feeling lucky to have even watched it,as 70-80yr olds that died in the last few years never even saw the likes of today despite following the football for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

hawkwing wrote: »
    Well deserved indeed. So many others never won Munster, Franny Kelly,Derry Foley,Gene McGrath,John Owens,Peter Lambert,Babs,Brian Burke,Declan Browne etc etc. Feeling lucky to have even watched it,as 70-80yr olds that died in the last few years never even saw the likes of today despite following the football for years.

I'm only a few miles from the Tipp border myself and would have attended a good few Tipp matches and club football matches in the 90's, Tipp had a really good team back then with Lambert, Browne, Lacey, Foley, Burke..they were unlucky not to make a breakthrough in those years and ran Kerry and Cork close on a number of occasions..must be great for those lads today. Its hard for teams to go out year after year against Cork and Kerry without much prospect of reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭raindodger

limerick here never thought would be willing the clock to move faster so tipp could win .
    well done and enjoy

• Advertisement

Great point.

Can I add Acheson to that list? Great man, gave his all anytime I saw him.

Saw Derry Foley play against the Aussies. Beast.

Niall Kelly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Waterford man here, absolutely delighted to see Tipp winning Munster today, brilliant to see the Kerry /Cork stranglehold being overturned.

Tipp winning today gives great encouragement to every underage player and coach involved with development squads in the entire country that with determination, good structures and good coaching that they can go right to the very top.

The Bloody Sunday centenary was just the cherry on top. Beautiful kit as well, just a special, special day

Congrats Tipp, what a match, the history, the jerseys and what a performance. Quinlivan and Sweeney are 2 of the best forwards in the game. Colin O'Riordan was immense and great interviews after from him and Sweeney. Ye deserve this, been knocking on the door for several years!

As a Cavan man I posted this in this thread after the first game today. I didn't want to mention Cavan as I didn't expect anything from us, but it was unbelievable.

The fact that it is Mayo Vs Tipp and Cavan Vs Dublin 100 years later to the day of Bloody Sunday is absolutely unbelievable. Almost spooky that it's happening!

I've seen Tipp against Cavan many times in recent years and I knew they had the ability there to upset Cork. I'm delighted that happened today and I think today will live long in memory in the GAA and especially in n Tipperary and Cavan. :D

Declan Browne was a magnificent player. Top class and was well known throughout Ireland for his ability even if playing in lesser teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

A couple of Tipp lads in there already with a chance of All stars.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Who would yas think has a shot of an All Star?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

Who would yas think has a shot of an All Star?

Sweeney and Fahey ! Liam Casey , Evan , Bill and El Zorro to be nominated at least .

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Thought Casey was immense. never wasteful. Brilliant in the air and tackling was cleaned up from the last couple of outings. Real threat going forward. He's a massive fella too. Some presence in the middle of pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Huge congratulations to the footballers, fantastic achievement. You'd have to feel desperately sorry for John Meagher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Paddico

Great to see him back. He'll be great to spring from the bench.
    A great servant down the years coming from a huge hurling heartland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement