Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Why did Eamonn Kelly leave the Offaly job? I read his statement but there's always more to these things than meet the eye.

The fact they're sh1t couldn't have helped

Why did Eamonn Kelly leave the Offaly job? I read his statement but there's always more to these things than meet the eye.

The fact he got threatening calls after losing to Westmeath. Amazingly the dopes up there are blaming him for their 'downfall' which started way back in 2001.

Hoping Eamon finds a job that appreciates what he brings to the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Have a question on Sean Curran lads. He seems to be brought on a lot as a sub this year but never seems to influence games too much. Not the biggest looking fella either.

What does Mick Ryan see in him? He must be doing well in training.

It reminds me a bit of how Eamon O'Shea used to bring on that Shane Bourke fella to little effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Have a question on Sean Curran lads. He seems to be brought on a lot as a sub this year but never seems to influence games too much. Not the biggest looking fella either.

It reminds me a bit of how Eamon O'Shea used to bring on that Shane Bourke fella to little effect.

To be fair to Curran he started against Cork which was a total bolt from the blue, did okish that day. Was then injured and wasn't part of the 26 against Limerick, was back for the Munster Final and came on when really the game was over and had lost all structure or meaning, came on last Sunday and didn't contribute an awful lot alright.

I seen him play twice for the club after the Cork game and was seriously impressed with him but as you say he is yet to bring it to the Senior Inter-county set up.

He's a very different hurler to Shane Bourke though and definitely has more to offer going forward, I won't give my full opinion on Mr Bourke for fear he or some of his family read here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Thanks, was just wondering from an outsiders perspective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Are tickets for the hurling final likely to go on general sale?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Are tickets for the hurling final likely to go on general sale?

Tickets don't go on general sale for the AIF to the best of my knowledge.

Sean would be well over 6 ft. His brother Alan is around 6 ft 4 and there is not much between himself and Seanie. I think he probably needed a few games in the league to get to grips with the setup. ET mentioned here some time back that he reckoned Seanies role is to be a runner to drag backs here and there and create space. He may be onto something there.

In terms of Mullinahone, Sean would be one of their big guns alongside Jack Shelley and old 'you know who' ;)

Yeah was thinking as much, been to every championship match and two league matches and no direct way to get a ticket for the final. I'll have to get myself a season ticket next year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Was just discussing the overall allocation with a friend earlier. A guy told me years ago that every GAA club is entitled to at least two tickets so that is 1616 of them on this island alone but then take away the clubs in Tipperary and Kilkenny which will have separate allocations. We may get more due to our minor involvement. Then you have handball and rounders allocations. Its my first year out of the season ticket scheme since i joined in 2010. Prior to that a girl i went out with in 2009 got me a ticket for that particular final due to her contacts. Im absolutely stumped on where to enquire because i am not a member of a GAA club and wouldnt have much contacts.

• Advertisement

Yeah was thinking as much, been to every championship match and two league matches and no direct way to get a ticket for the final. I'll have to get myself a season ticket next year.

I opted out of the scheme for this season because they ramped the prices up by 15 euro and yet the maximum amount of games is 9 if the team makes a league final and then you get first round of championship free. When it first started it was 75 (during the thick of the recession admittedly) it was minimum 8 games.

Paying 100 euro for 6 league games minimum plus 1 championship game isn't really great value when you consider the league games are 10 each when you buy them at Supervalu and then pay 20 for first round of the Munster championship. Your saving 20 euro. The only advantage to being on the scheme is that your not on the hunt for tickets. Ill happily take my chances to be honest. The GAA are getting enough money off me as it is and im not working at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I opted out of the scheme for this season because they ramped the prices up by 15 euro and yet the maximum amount of games is 9 if the team makes a league final and then you get first round of championship free. When it first started it was 75 (during the thick of the recession admittedly) it was minimum 8 games.

Paying 100 euro for 6 league games minimum plus 1 championship game isn't really great value when you consider the league games are 10 each when you buy them at Supervalu and then pay 20 for first round of the Munster championship. Your saving 20 euro. The only advantage to being on the scheme is that your not on the hunt for tickets. Ill happily take my chances to be honest. The GAA are getting enough money off me as it is and im not working at the moment

In addition you get a 5 euro reduction on the match price ticket for every subsequent championship game your county is involved in.

I think the season ticket is still remarkably good value and invaluable if you want to avoid the hassle trying to attain an All Ireland final ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Same as that lads.have only missed the galway league game this year and im struggling to find a ticket.system is wrong.

Magnificent from Tipperary. Today will go down as one of my most memorable days in Croker. A magnificent atmosphere. The boys left nothing on the field. They'll be back.

Well done to team, management and supporters for doing your part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Hugely commendable performance. Didn't get the rub of the green at vital stages. The black card, the red card, the flukey goal. To have been right in the hunt up to the 62nd or 63rd minute or whatever was a more than satisfactory outcome. If only they could have worked a goal out of somewhere....ah well, who knows? So much to build on for 2017, I'd say those lads can't wait for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

great game of football with both teams going for it from the word go.. there was no doubt mayo were operating at a far higher intensity level , this is where league becomes crucial next year for ye , it is quite clear after today that operation all ireland final 2020 is well and truly on

who would have taught back in march in the league game in tipp town in front of some 200 spectators that that ye would narrowly miss out on an all ireland and us making the quarters , its important for ye to get out of division 3 now , but whats more important is people in tipp get out and support the team and bring there games back to semple, and especially in the regional/county boards get to behind the footballers now and not pull any more stunts like last week

Well done Tipp,great contest.The future is bright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

buggy beag wrote: »
    Same as that lads.have only missed the galway league game this year and im struggling to find a ticket.system is wrong.

System is fine.

Season tickets, Club members, volunteers... They all should get their allocation.

System is fine.

Season tickets, Club members, volunteers... They all should get their allocation.

people getting tickets on tickets.ie and the supermarkets all year are not carterd for , with a season ticket for example you cant bring the family to every game plus most clubs only get certain amount of tickets so if you are a member it dose not include everyone

the season ticket is a great idea in theory but its price really lets itself down especially if you are a duel supporter

people getting tickets on tickets.ie and the supermarkets all year are not carterd for , with a season ticket for example you cant bring the family to every game plus most clubs only get certain amount of tickets so if you are a member it dose not include everyone

the season ticket is a great idea in theory but its price really lets itself down especially if you are a duel supporter

Come off it. DO you suggest some sort of system whereby your attendance at these games is recorded and thereby you are rewarded for a good attendance record with the opportunity to purchase an AIF ticket should your county get there? Cos I think that's what you want for those poor souls who get tickets online and in shops.

The season ticket has the Bring a Friend option for lots of games. none of these excuses wash anymore. Same argument every August.

And if you're a dual supporter then the expense of it comes with the territory. If you can't afford it then don't go.

• Advertisement

Come off it. DO you suggest some sort of system whereby your attendance at these games is recorded and thereby you are rewarded for a good attendance record with the opportunity to purchase an AIF ticket should your county get there? Cos I think that's what you want for those poor souls who get tickets online and in shops.

The season ticket has the Bring a Friend option for lots of games. none of these excuses wash anymore. Same argument every August.

And if you're a dual supporter then the expense of it comes with the territory. If you can't afford it then don't go.

i just think everything should be through the clubs and club membership , not this nonsense of lads turning up for the final and not been to a game all year , as for the season ticket .....did you ever try to use it for two people with yourself.......you get a fine view of the corner flag :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well done lads. Ye should be very proud of your footballers. Plenty more to come from them.

i just think everything should be through the clubs and club membership , not this nonsense of lads turning up for the final and not been to a game all year , as for the season ticket .....did you ever try to use it for two people with yourself.......you get a fine view of the corner flag :rolleyes:

Plenty of times. Only issues I've had with my tickets were the 2 sf v mayo last year where I was in 305 Row A and 305 Row B which were brutal. But what had nothing to do with me bringing others.

I think you're just looking for a whinge tbf.

Should we also worry about that poor codger up the mountain and his all Ireland tickets as well?

Ya true but someone who goes to all the games all year should be line for a ticket as well no?

Ya true but someone who goes to all the games all year should be line for a ticket as well no?

Yes they should... and they have a system for that... it's called the Season ticket. Jeeeeeeesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Yes they should... and they have a system for that... it's called the Season ticket. Jeeeeeeesus.

How many of the 80k people attending the all ireland hurling final will be season ticket holders?

So your saying this "season ticket" for €100 only gets you in free into our 5 league games and the munster quarter final?

Doesn't make sense considering league games are a tenner and quarter final is 20 euro.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

digzy wrote: »
    How many of the 80k people attending the all ireland hurling final will be season ticket holders?

However many from Tipp and KK have STs.

Maybe 6000? I dunno the take up from the counties.

But the point I have made over and over and over and over and over again is that if you're going to all the games then get an ST and stop whinging about not being able to get AIF tickets., There's a system there to avail of. And if you don't use it then tough bloody luck.

Don't take the lords name in vain.il be praying to that man for a ticket.:)
    Ya i know lad but i prefer to take my matches as they come.it probably is the only way they can do it somewhat fairly i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

So your saying this "season ticket" for €100 only gets you in free into our 5 league games and the munster quarter final?

Doesn't make sense considering league games are a tenner and quarter final is 20 euro.

Am yes yes it does.....I've had one since its inception.

Tyson Fury wrote:

Tyson Fury wrote:

Is that the cost of it?so if you went into the terrace for all the games it would be 70.do you get money off the rest of the games in the championship?

I spent €100 on season ticket. It's given me admission to all league games both league finals even though Tipp weren't in it the Munster QF and 5.00 off each subsequent ticket. I'm guaranteed an AI final ticket in a good seat.

It's a fantastic scheme.

Am yes yes it does.....I've had one since its inception.

Would you find it good value?decent seats?do all the grounds in munster have a scanner or what way does it work?

I spent €100 on season ticket. It's given me admission to all league games both league finals even though Tipp weren't in it the Munster QF and 5.00 off each subsequent ticket. I'm guaranteed an AI final ticket in a good seat.

It's a fantastic scheme.

Not really a saving though is it?

Although the one advantage it does have is that it guarantees all Ireland Final ticket which would be handy now, but we don't get there every year. Then again none of my friends have them so I'd end up sitting on my own.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I've had the Season Ticket since the scheme started in 2009 and bar terrible seats against Clare in the Covered Stand in Limerick in 2011, I've no complaints about it. As has been mentioned above the tickets are excellent unless you use the Bring A Friend option. It's a must have for anyone attending matches all year.

• Advertisement

Don't take the lords name in vain.il be praying to that man for a ticket.:)
    Ya i know lad but i prefer to take my matches as they come.it probably is the only way they can do it somewhat fairly i suppose.

AS a race the Irish flummox me sometimes.

Would you find it good value?decent seats?do all the grounds in munster have a scanner or what way does it work?

All grounds have a scanner. There's a season ticket thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057508125&page=25

Ya the ol irish tightness.hate to part with a 100 when i can go a tenner at a time.im not a super genius or are i:)

Not really a saving though is it?

Although the one advantage it does have is that it guarantees all Ireland Final ticket which would be handy now, but we don't get there every year. Then again none of my friends have them so I'd end up sitting on my own.

5 X €15 league games was €65 then the Clare QF €15.00 them the Cork champ game €30 then the €5.00 reduction on next 3 games so that's a considerable saving plus I went to the 2 league finals......

Yes to all of the above.

• Advertisement

5 X €15 league games was €65 then the Clare QF €15.00 them the Cork champ game €30 then the €5.00 reduction on next 3 games so that's a considerable saving plus I went to the 2 league finals......

I bought my own tickets in Supervalu before match so they were 10 each for the 5 league games. i cant remember the price of the Clare game to be honest i think 15 euro if it was bought up to day before match. 65 in total for 6 league games. 25 for Cork game. 30 for limerick game, 30 for Munster final, 30 each for Galway and Mayo matches if you bought a double ticket but normally 40. 80 for final if im lucky enough to get a stand ticket.

I see the benefits of the season ticket but if im completely honest you could pay 100 euro and get 7 games at max for that price. Granted there is alot of extras such as club final attendance. It does remove alot of hassle too in terms of trying to get decent tickets because the season ticket seats have always been pretty excellent. If they can justify the increase in price though it wont stop there.

I bought my own tickets in Supervalu before match so they were 10 each for the 5 league games. i cant remember the price of the Clare game to be honest i think 15 euro if it was bought up to day before match. 65 in total for 6 league games. 25 for Cork game. 30 for limerick game, 30 for Munster final, 30 each for Galway and Mayo matches if you bought a double ticket but normally 40. 80 for final if im lucky enough to get a stand ticket.

I see the benefits of the season ticket but if im completely honest you could pay 100 euro and get 7 games at max for that price. Granted there is alot of extras such as club final attendance. It does remove alot of hassle too in terms of trying to get decent tickets because the season ticket seats have always been pretty excellent. If they can justify the increase in price though it wont stop there.

In addition you get in free to the first championship game and a 5 euro reduction on all subsequent championship games excepting the big one!:)

Brian Gavin has the final.

Section 303 for the final from the Season Ticket scheme, not a great ticket. Plenty more people in the same boat on Tipp Fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

What do you make of that?

Another great effort from the two Johnnies. Up Tipp!

What do you make of that?

Brian Gavin? Heard he failed a couple of fitness tests recently. Not to worry sure it's only the biggest game of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Robbie Kiely must have been sick watching Dublin V Kerry yesterday, more black card incidents that were ignored than I have ever seen in a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭shmeee

danganabu wrote: »
    Robbie Kiely must have been sick watching Dublin V Kerry yesterday, more black card incidents that were ignored than I have ever seen in a game!

It shows up the black card for the farce it is, no consistency in the controlling of it.

danganabu wrote: »

David Coldrick sent Robbie off in Armagh in the 2015 league meeting and Peter Creedon spoke out about it at the time. There is history there.

Yesterday's ref was beyond ****e. Missed loads of pulling and dragging by the Dubs but spotted Kerrys

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement