Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Xenophile wrote: »
    Liam Kearns names the same team to face Laois. This is the the third game in a row that Kearns has named the same starting fifteen. The best of luck lads.

1. Evan Comerford – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    2. Alan Campbell – Moyle Rovers
    3. Paddy Codd – Killenaule
    4. Willie Connors – Kiladangan
    5. Kevin Fahey – Clonmel Commercials
    6. Robbie Kiely – Carbery Rangers
    7. Jimmy Feehan – Killenaule
    8. Alan Moloney – Rockwell Rovers
    9. Martin Dunne – Moyle Rovers
    10. Josh Keane – Golden-Kilfeacle
    11. Liam McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    12. Brian Fox (Capt.) – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
    13. Conor Sweeney – Ballyporeen
    14. Michael Quinlivan – Clonmel Commercials
    15. Philip Austin – Borrisokane

Not too knowledgeable on the strength of depth we have talent-wise in the county but i know one of the feelings after last years incredible run was that we would need to develop more bench options to move on. Seems like starting the same 15 for three games in a row isn't a good way of doing this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭I am the Res

OAOB wrote: »
    Not too knowledgeable on the strength of depth we have talent-wise in the county but i know one of the feelings after last years incredible run was that we would need to develop more bench options to move on. Seems like starting the same 15 for three games in a row isn't a good way of doing this.

We are alot stronger this year , Tipp are missing a good scatter of players due to injury as is the case with Bill Maher .

We are alot stronger this year , Tipp are missing a good scatter of players due to injury as is the case with Bill Maher .

Ian Fahey too. Kevin Fahey, Jason Lonergan and Liam Casey werent available to us last year come championship time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

An important win for the footballers tonight. Very sloppy in places but some positives too. Good to see George Hannigan coming back from injury. The absence of Acheson from midfield is very noticeable and it'll take one of the younger guys to step up now and take that role over for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

An important win for the footballers tonight. Very sloppy in places but some positives too. Good to see George Hannigan coming back from injury. The absence of Acheson from midfield is very noticeable and it'll take one of the younger guys to step up now and take that role over for themselves.

didnt see all of it was channel hopping , but from what i saw tipp played better football then any of the 2 division 2 teams on tv tonight , think there is very little between both divisions and would almost go so far to say almost nothing from what i have seen so far in 2

• Advertisement

Step forward Jack Kennedy. He was terrific tonight. Hope Quinlivan isnt too badly injured

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Step forward Jack Kennedy. He was terrific tonight. Hope Quinlivan isnt too badly injured

Yeah wasn't sure what Quinlivans injury was - perhaps a hint of a concussion? Didn't seem to be holding the shoulder after the hit much at all?

Yeah wasn't sure what Quinlivans injury was - perhaps a hint of a concussion? Didn't seem to be holding the shoulder after the hit much at all?

That's true. So long as it isnt too bad. Felt we gifted Laois a goal at a crucial stage when we should have been putting the game well and truly to bed but we regained our composure. Really do hope that Sligo game doesnt cost us.

Heard at HT it`s concussion . Keane done great tracking back and tackling . Fox and Kiely their usual reliable selves . Kennedy done really well and first decent display by our Midfield this year , hopefully starting to come together now for a push on for promotion !

Heard at HT it`s concussion . Keane done great tracking back and tackling . Fox and Kiely their usual reliable selves . Kennedy done really well and first decent display by our Midfield this year , hopefully starting to come together now for a push on for promotion !

Was just saying to my friend that Keane is the footballers equivalent of Dan McCormack the way he tracks runners. Both Kiely and Brian Fox were outstanding. Why did Kevin Fahey not start? Any word on Ian Fahey or Bill Maher? Apologies for all the questions :o

Agree with you on midfield though. Both Casey and Kennedy were like two experienced pros and i thought Emmet Moloney done very well too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Big fan of josh Keane myself great athlete and a brilliant footballer. Sweeney is such an assured scorer, always reliable.

Was just saying to my friend that Keane is the footballers equivalent of Dan McCormack the way he tracks runners. Both Kiely and Brian Fox were outstanding. Why did Kevin Fahey not start? Any word on Ian Fahey or Bill Maher? Apologies for all the questions :o

Agree with you on midfield though. Both Casey and Kennedy were like two experienced pros and i thought Emmet Moloney done very well too.

Normally hang around after games and meet the people but wouldn`t be a fan of Saturday night Football :D so I got out of there as soon as it was over . Moloney made some great bursts up the wing in in the first half and kept his head to take his point . Feel he is a bit light and needs to bulk up a bit but a great addition to the Panel this year !

Wins for Antrim, Armagh and Louth so all results have gone our way today. I make that 2nd on 4 points? Louth top with 6. Armagh and Sligo on 3 each, Offaly, Longford, Laois and Antrim on 2

Longford next weekend as part of a double header in Semple. 1 wk break then Offaly in Tullamore and Louth in Semple before a trip to Armagh the final day on April 2nd.

3/4 at least winnable? Louth doing exceptionally well but we are more than capable of beating them.

Longford next weekend as part of a double header in Semple. 1 wk break then Offaly in Tullamore and Louth in Semple before a trip to Armagh the final day on April 2nd.

3/4 at least winnable? Louth doing exceptionally well but we are more than capable of beating them.

Hope we get the support on Sunday . Have to say there was a decent away support in O`Moore Park on Saturday evening :) !

Hope we get the support on Sunday . Have to say there was a decent away support in O`Moore Park on Saturday evening :) !

We outnumbered the Laois crowd which is a nice answer to 'Wooly' who had a cut at the Tipp supporters recently.

Perhaps he should have a look on his own doorstep. Very few of the Laois crowd following the Laois hurlers either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Paddico

Any mention of the u-21s, any chalenge matches or anything??
    Playing Limerick next Wed AFAIK

Paddico wrote: »
    Any mention of the u-21s, any chalenge matches or anything??
    Playing Limerick next Wed AFAIK

Tipp Panel , 4 Senior regulars ! Decent Squad . Nair a North man bar Connors :( !

Tipperary under-21 football panel: Michael Barlow (Ardfinnan), Ciarán Barrett (Clonmel Óg), Jamie Bergin (Drom & Inch), Dáire Brennan (Kilsheelan-Kilcash), Aidan Buckley (St Patrick’s), Jack Butler (Upperchurch-Drombane), Conor Cashman (Cahir), Michael Connors (Drom & Inch), Willie Connors (Kiladangan), Dáire Egan (Galtee Rovers), Liam Fahey (Rockwell Rovers), Paudie Feehan (Killenaule), Morgan Irwin (Moyle Rovers), Stephen Kelly (Clonmel Commercials), Jack Kennedy (Clonmel Commercials), Colm Kinnane (Drom & Inch), John Lyons (Grangemockler-Ballyneale), Charlie Manton (Fethard), Brendan Martin (Kilsheelan-Kilcash), Brian McKenna (Cahir), Emmet Moloney (Drom & Inch), Jordan Moloney (JK Bracken’s), Michael O’Connor (Cahir), Colm O’Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan), Danny Owens (Moyle Rovers), Ross Peters (Clonmel Commercials), Shane Power (Galtee Rovers), Stephen Quirke (Moyle Rovers), Joe Ryan (Killmurry, Cork), Liam Ryan (Clonmel Commercials), Jack Skehan (Holycross-Ballycahill) & Gavin Whelan (Ardfinnan).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Tipp Panel , 4 Senior regulars ! Decent Squad . Nair a North man bar Connors :( !

Tynan from Roscrea would have been on it but is concentrating on Rugby, think there was a Newport chap played corner forward minor two years ago the name escapes me, other than that there is really no one good enough.

The likes of Connors who's club play lip service to football and don't enter an adult team most more often that not are doing extremely well to be playing at this level. Kevin O'Halloran the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

When did Drom n Inch start producing footballers??

4 on the panel.

It's not so long ago that sight of a football over there was enough to get the blood boiling.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »

4 on the panel.

It's not so long ago that sight of a football over there was enough to get the blood boiling.

Won County Football League , Division 2 in 2010 and County Junior and Intermediate in 13 and 14 . Doing very well at underage also .

danganabu wrote: »
    Tynan from Roscrea would have been on it but is concentrating on Rugby, think there was a Newport chap played corner forward minor two years ago the name escapes me, other than that there is really no one good enough.

The likes of Connors who's club play lip service to football and don't enter an adult team most more often that not are doing extremely well to be playing at this level. Kevin O'Halloran the same.

Jack Delahunty .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Jack Delahunty .

Was he not selected or not playing anymore?

Was he not selected or not playing anymore?

Don`t know . Newport and Inane have entered the County football League this year , Newport won the County Junior League last year . Liam England is involved with the Under 21s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

4 on the panel.

Great to see it and long may it continue. Hats off to Loughmore who made sure the football flag was always kept flying in the Mid. And now with great footballers, North, South, East and West we can now say that football all as an all county appeal.

So come early next Sunday and help to get behind the team !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Funnily enough though myself and a friend were just saying at the match the other night that there is probably as much North men currently on the senior panel than West men. Can name Josh, Brian Fox, Mcdonald and Robbie Kiely (originally Arravale but now west cork) from the West. Could be missing someone though.

The north on the other hand have Georgie, Tin Cup, Philly and Willie Connors.

Tipp Team V Clare: Mooney ODwyer Barry D Maher Kennedy R Maher Hamill B Maher Heffernan OBrien OMeara N McGrath ODwyer J McGrath A McCormack

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tipp Team V Clare: Mooney ODwyer Barry D Maher Kennedy R Maher Hamill B Maher Heffernan OBrien OMeara N McGrath ODwyer J McGrath A McCormack

Heffernan in midfield. No Paudie or Seamie. Another chance for Aidan McCormack.

Mick is intent on creating competition on the panel thats for sure. Should be a good game. Did Kearns name the football team yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

1. Evan Comerford – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    2. Alan Campbell – Moyle Rovers
    3. Paddy Codd – Killenaule
    4. Willie Connors – Kiladangan
    5. Emmett Moloney – Drom & Inch
    6. Robbie Kiely – Carbery Rangers
    7. Jimmy Feehan – Killenaule
    8. Liam Casey – Cahir
    9. Jack Kennedy – Clonmel Commercials
    10. Josh Keane – Golden-Kilfeacle
    11. Kevin O’Halloran – Portroe
    12. Brian Fox (Capt.) – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
    13. Conor Sweeney – Ballyporeen
    14. Michael Quinlivan – Clonmel Commercials
    15. Philip Austin – Borrisokane

• Advertisement

Patrick Kelly (Inagh-Kilnamona)
    Oisín O’Brien (Clonlara)
    Cian Dillon (Crusheen) Captain
    Seadna Morey (Sixmilebridge)
    Brendan Bugler (Whitegate)
    Conor Cleary (St. Josephs Miltown)
    Jamie Shanahan (Sixmilebridge)
    David Fitzgerald (Inagh-Kilnamona)
    David Reidy (Éire Óg)
    Aaron Cunningham (Wolfe Tones na Sionna)
    Cathal Malone (Sixmilebridge)
    John Conlon (Clonlara)
    Podge Collins (Cratloe)
    Aron Shanagher (Wolfe Tones na Sionna)
    Cathal McInerney (Cratloe)
    Substitutes:

Andrew Fahy (Whitegate)
    Shane Golden (Sixmilebridge)
    Peter Duggan (Clooney-Quin)
    Patrick Donnellan (O’Callaghan’s Mills)
    Jason McCarthy (Inagh-Kilnamona)
    Conor O Donnell (Crusheen)
    Shane O’Donnell (Éire Óg)
    Shane McNamara (Clooney-Quin)
    David McInerney (Tulla)
    Ian Galvin (Clonlara)
    Kevin Hehir (Inagh-Kilnamona)

Lads football tomorrow is cancelled.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Lads football tomorrow is cancelled.

I regret to have to confirm this. I have no idea as to the reason why !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

That's a shame. Given the rainfall pitch mustn't be in great shape there, wonder if they reckon it could only feasibly take one game? Pure speculation on my part though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That's a disgrace. Footballers getting the short end of the stick as usual

Im assuming the fear is that the ground wont hold up for the hurling given the wet weather. Wrong on the footballers to get such short notice. Wonder will they play the double header next weekend so?

• Advertisement

Im assuming the fear is that the ground wont hold up for the hurling given the wet weather. Wrong on the footballers to get such short notice. Wonder will they play the double header next weekend so?

https://twitter.com/tipperarygaa/status/838018759461863425

Hurling tomorrow and football next week. Unless the hurlers are out again next week and you are alluding to a double header that way. Pretty dissapointing regardless was really looking forward to a day out in thurles for it, im interested to see what reasoning they have behind it.!

klose wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/tipperarygaa/status/838018759461863425

Hurling tomorrow and football next week. Unless the hurlers are out again next week and you are alluding to a double header that way. Pretty dissapointing regardless was really looking forward to a day out in thurles for it, im interested to see what reasoning they have behind it.!

Puts the footballers under a bit of pressure to get a result too. Im sure Longford are not too pleased about it either. Will the double header tickets be honoured at the stile for the football next week? :P I doubt it somehow

James Barry out with flu...

Nightmare for Seamus Kennedy

Shoulder injury for Brendan Maher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Strange game, 11-10 to Clare at half time, Conlan well on top of Kennedy. Who is playing full back?
    Tipp with the wind in 1st of 2nd half?

Tipp with the wind in the 2nd

Nasty injuries for both Maher and o'mEARA Today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Dug that one out, not good on the injury front.
    Watching the deferred coverage on tv, John McGrath the stand out performer today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Nasty injuries for both Maher and o'mEARA Today

Part n parcel with a contact sport
    Great to see a squad develop. There's at least 2 starting spots available for the championship. Hopefully it'll keep the pressure on the 'dandys'.

Strange game, tipp played championship hurling the first ten minutes of the first half and didn't play the rest of the half, second half they really showed the quality with the wind behind them and pulled away and won comfortably. John McGrath the standout and think Stephen o brien is taking his chance. Can't see Aidan McCormack getting too many more chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Another good win for the boys today,work rate was pretty good again in heavy conditions. Hamill and Donagh Maher both showed up very well, Maher brothers strong as ever. Kennedy has had an almost fairytale Senior career so far and he'll bounce back from his first bad day, that happens to the best. Brendan Maher was going well before his injury problem, Breen and Heffernan were average I thought. O Brien had a mixed day, touch let him down on occasions but he's a big powerful chap with something to offer. Noel and Bubbles chipped in with some lovely scores and John McGrath absolutely skinned Cian Dillon, Dillon very rattled at one stage. O Meara was his usual self, worked hard and got a score but he's not a natural forward. Aidan McCormack looks a bit light for that level of hurling at the moment.

I've said it here before but why don't they open the blue gate on the Thurles IT side of the ground? Complete bottleneck at the main entrance after the game.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Another good win for the boys today,work rate was pretty good again in heavy conditions. Hamill and Donagh Maher both showed up very well, Maher brothers strong as ever. Kennedy has had an almost fairytale Senior career so far and he'll bounce back from his first bad day, that happens to the best. Brendan Maher was going well before his injury problem, Breen and Heffernan were average I thought. O Brien had a mixed day, touch let him down on occasions but he's a big powerful chap with something to offer. Noel and Bubbles chipped in with some lovely scores and John McGrath absolutely skinned Cian Dillon, Dillon very rattled at one stage. O Meara was his usual self, worked hard and got a score but he's not a natural forward. Aidan McCormack looks a bit light for that level of hurling at the moment.

I've said it here before but why don't they open the blue gate on the Thurles IT side of the ground? Complete bottleneck at the main entrance after the game.

Agree mostly, but I think O'Brien deserves more than "mixed day". He's impressed me in all 3 games so far and will only improve going forward. Needs to improve his decision making on the ball for sure, he's a strong guy but taking it into contact is not always the right option. See him as a certain championship starter at this stage, so much hurling in him too.

Where would O'Meara's natural place be if not in the forwards? Where does he play his club hurling usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Agree mostly, but I think O'Brien deserves more than "mixed day". He's impressed me in all 3 games so far and will only improve going forward. Needs to improve his decision making on the ball for sure, he's a strong guy but taking it into contact is not always the right option. See him as a certain championship starter at this stage, so much hurling in him too.

Where would O'Meara's natural place be if not in the forwards? Where does he play his club hurling usually?

He'd be half back or midfield normally for Kilruane, a fella I know from that club is adamant that he's not a forward, possibly suffers a bit for being versatile. I was probably a bit mean on O Brien alright but I don't know will he have the stickwork for Championship hurling.

Was there any goal chance today? Can't recall watching a hurling match without one before.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    He'd be half back or midfield normally for Kilruane, a fella I know from that club is adamant that he's not a forward, possibly suffers a bit for being versatile. I was probably a bit mean on O Brien alright but I don't know will he have the stickwork for Championship hurling.

Was there any goal chance today? Can't recall watching a hurling match without one before.

It may well be that i am over-estimating O'Brien on the fairly limited evidence thus far, but I am sweet on him all the same. I mean no disrespect to Dan McCormack, but I think O'Brien does everything he can do just as good and has a few extra strings to his bow in terms of pure hurling. Time will tell. It's presenting Mick with a couple of headaches anyway and that's a grand thing.

I like O'Meara, he's a fine hurler and has a good attitude. Probably getting a bit frustrated not to be getting more chances but it's a tough team to break into. He's just on the limit.

Can't recall any clear-cut goal chances. Bubbles and John Mac were playing quite deep at times, didn't really have the men inside or create the space for runners against a packed defence. Remember a discussion on this thread a year ago about how Tipp were too reliant on goals so 28 points on a day like today was a fair enough achievement.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement