Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Lads looking at the fixture list here, we have a dead rubber against Cork next weekend in Pairc Ui Rinn
    Week after that are the league Quarter Finals
    Tipp are guaranteed top spot in Division 1, due to play 4th place in 1B
    That spot is currently occupied by Kerry, who have Offaly to play in the last round.
    I'd be expecting Kerry to keep 4th based on results in the division so far.
    Anyone have any idea where that game would be played, Thurles or Killarney/Tralee?

Ompala wrote: »
    Lads looking at the fixture list here, we have a dead rubber against Cork next weekend in Pairc Ui Rinn
    Week after that are the league Quarter Finals
    Tipp are guaranteed top spot in Division 1, due to play 4th place in 1B
    That spot is currently occupied by Kerry, who have Offaly to play in the last round.
    I'd be expecting Kerry to keep 4th based on results in the division so far.
    Anyone have any idea where that game would be played, Thurles or Killarney/Tralee?

Flip for venue i think where the two teams havent already met in the league or at least that was the case when we played Offaly two year ago.

Flip for venue i think where the two teams havent already met in the league or at least that was the case when we played Offaly two year ago.

Cheers, with all due respect to Kerry it does give us a chance to give new lads more game time along with the Cork game

Top of the table! Up the Premier!

Hard fought win. Both teams suffered with 14 apiece men on soft going. Our superior fitness told on that back 20. Hard luck on Offaly who played quite well tbf up to their second goal

Win next weekend in Thurles and we are all but in div 2 provided we hold our own then in Armagh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭I am the Res

Top of the table! Up the Premier!

Hard fought win. Both teams suffered with 14 apiece men on soft going. Our superior fitness told on that back 20. Hard luck on Offaly who played quite well tbf up to their second goal

Win next weekend in Thurles and we are all but in div 2 provided we hold our own then in Armagh.

Win next week and we are definitely up ! Thought George was hard done by , merely dragged a Biffo of a Tipp lad , didn`t see him throw a punch or anything . Looked very sluggish in the First half but got stuck in in the Second . Jack Kennedy played with Commercials Under 21s yesterday , probably why he didn`t start .

• Advertisement

Win next week and we are definitely up ! Thought George was hard done by , merely dragged a Biffo of a Tipp lad , didn`t see him throw a punch or anything . Looked very sluggish in the First half but got stuck in in the Second . Jack Kennedy played with Commercials Under 21s yesterday , probably why he didn`t start .

Tbh the refereeing is gone bananas. Offaly lad threw a box which wouldn't have done much damage but luckily these refs weren't around when the likes of Paudi O'Se and Dinny Allen beat each other up and down the field. Give a booking by all means but tell them shake hands and get on with it.

I don't blame the referees themselves, i blame these gobshïtes in suits in Croke park making reactionary decisions to everything

Just found out that head to head is the main tie breaker unless 3 teams are tied on points which won't happen in Tipperary's case

Winner takes all next weekend. Up the Premier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Tbh the refereeing is gone bananas. Offaly lad threw a box which wouldn't have done much damage but luckily these refs weren't around when the likes of Paudi O'Se and Dinny Allen beat each other up and down the field. Give a booking by all means but tell them shake hands and get on with it.

I don't blame the referees themselves, i blame these gobshïtes in suits in Croke park making reactionary decisions to everything
    Player still threw a punch. The damage it may have caused should be looked at later.
    You cant just tell players to shake hands and get on with it for most occassions. Quite often you have to go further as its better game management and helps prevent escalation later on.

Player still threw a punch. The damage it may have caused should be looked at later.
    You cant just tell players to shake hands and get on with it for most occasions. Quite often you have to go further as its better game management and helps prevent escalation later on.

Fair point. Thing is though you have 14 v 14 on a soggy heavy field and the quality suffers. 10 mins left today and some players were out on their feet. Its a high adrenaline game and aggression is going to creep in. The bit of desire and aggression and desire is what makes GAA great. Otherwise, you would have spoilt overpaid wusses diving everywhere like Soccer. Look at Nigel Owens and the common sense approach he takes to Rugby for example. Perhaps refs need to be more vocal and imposing. Set the tone before the ball is kicked and have a word with the captains. Tell them that them and their team need to keep their head. Again, the refs have a fine line to thread and the poor divils can never win

There has to be a better way then just flashing reds though? You have to think of the paying and travelling public who come to see a game and be captivated by the action that unfolds. GAA is not allowing for conditions or for that bit of adrenaline.

As i said, i dont blame referees because they do their best to follow the guidelines and are hauled over the coals if they dont but dopes in boardrooms who were never on a pitch in their life. Brian o'Meara from Mullinahone for example who was a good clean hurler missed out on an All ireland final over harmless dunting. Even Liam Dunne pleaded a case for him but jackasses in the CCCC (CCCP more like) wouldnt make an allowance for it.

One thing that does bug me is the amount of unnecessary stoppages in games for little pedantic things. The flow of the game has to be given some paramount consideration

Fair point. Thing is though you have 14 v 14 on a soggy heavy field and the quality suffers. 10 mins left today and some players were out on their feet. Its a high adrenaline game and aggression is going to creep in. The bit of desire and aggression and desire is what makes GAA great. Otherwise, you would have spoilt overpaid wusses diving everywhere like Soccer. Look at Nigel Owens and the common sense approach he takes to Rugby for example. Perhaps refs need to be more vocal and imposing. Set the tone before the ball is kicked and have a word with the captains. Tell them that them and their team need to keep their head. Again, the refs have a fine line to thread and the poor divils can never win
    Not fault of ref if it has to go to 14 v 14 or whatever ese. Talking about cliched desire/aggression is nonsense. That exists in all sports and Owens is a good ref in rugby but all too often trots out these one liners for the image..
    Refs should be starting each game with a chat with captains. It sets tone. All referees referee things slightly differently. I know rugby is different with its laws and interpretations but the chat with players beforehand makes games much easier to ref
    There has to be a better way then just flashing reds though? You have to think of the paying and travelling public who come to see a game and be captivated by the action that unfolds. GAA is not allowing for conditions or for that bit of adrenaline.

As i said, i dont blame referees because they do their best to follow the guidelines and are hauled over the but dopes in boardrooms who were never on a pitch in their life. Brian o'Meara from Mullinahone for example who was a good clean hurler missed out on an All ireland final over harmless dunting. Even Liam Dunne pleaded a case for him but jackasses in the CCCC (CCCP more like) wouldnt make an allowance for it.

One thing that does bug me is the amount of unnecessary stoppages in games for little pedantic things. The flow of the game has to be given some paramount consideration
    Ideally a yellow card would lead to players being off the pitch for 7/10 minutes but the GAA wont go down that line again. You have to think of spectators to an extent but only for a short while. They very much are secondary and i disagree with your dopes comment considering virtually all these so called dopes will have been involved in their clubs on pitch and off for years
    A good clean player can still do something stupid and reckless and that alone can and should be punished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Refs really are in a no win situation. I remember the Munster final won by limerick a few years back when pat Horgan saw red for a Hurley to helmet contact. There was an outcry but the ref applied the law correctly as per his instructions.

I'd disagree with your first paragraph I quoted. The day the ref takes into account the public is the day any sport is fcuked. Look at pro wrestling... pure circus now.
    Tbf, I can't think of too many incidences of refs brandishing cards inappropriately due to the weather.

Would love to see a 10 min sinbin brought in, with some bit of video analysis. Though it wouldn't be as easy to implement as in rugby due to the stop/start nature of that sport. Also with an amateur game it'd be hard to implement for most fixtures.

What I like to see most from refs is consistency......it's all players want too..

Just found out that head to head is the main tie breaker unless 3 teams are tied on points which won't happen in Tipperary's case

Winner takes all next weekend. Up the Premier!

Really looking forward to Sunday . We have had 2 really good performances , Laois and Longford . The other 3 games we have started very slowly , got away with it twice , almost did v Sligo ! Have to play for the full 70 minutes against Louth . 4/11 to win but it will be tight .

Really looking forward to Sunday . We have had 2 really good performances , Laois and Longford . The other 3 games we have started very slowly , got away with it twice , almost did v Sligo ! Have to play for the full 70 minutes against Louth . 4/11 to win but it will be tight .

Im amazed how u21 club games are scheduled during the league campaign so the likes of Jack Kennedy is at risk of serious burnout. Coupled with the fact Jack has played Mcgrath cup and Sigerson already during the winter.

Im amazed how u21 club games are scheduled during the league campaign so the likes of Jack Kennedy is at risk of serious burnout. Coupled with the fact Jack has played Mcgrath cup and Sigerson already during the winter.
    When should they be played then?
    Easy solution is not to play these guys in the u21 club games or do something similar. Works well in other sports that guys who are u20/21 and playing regularly with a clubs seniors etc that they dont play a lot of u20 at all.

When should they be played then?
    Easy solution is not to play these guys in the u21 club games or do something similar. Works well in other sports that guys who are u20/21 and playing regularly with a clubs seniors etc that they dont play a lot of u20 at all.

Thats one solution but clubs seem hell bent on winning as opposed to developing players. Commercials might be able to afford this luxury but there is rural clubs around the county that have trouble fielding a team that cant afford this luxury

The overall calendar has to be looked at and they may have to rejig the underage intercounty grades. No real quick fix but surely they cant just continue on with a situation where a young lad is under this much pressure to play on these many panels and jack isnt a dual player like Willie Connors for example. its sheer madness.

digzy wrote: »
    Refs really are in a no win situation. I remember the Munster final won by limerick a few years back when pat Horgan saw red for a Hurley to helmet contact. There was an outcry but the ref applied the law correctly as per his instructions.

I'd disagree with your first paragraph I quoted. The day the ref takes into account the public is the day any sport is fcuked. Look at pro wrestling... pure circus now.

Tbf, I can't think of too many incidences of refs brandishing cards inappropriately due to the weather.

Would love to see a 10 min sinbin brought in, with some bit of video analysis. Though it wouldn't be as easy to implement as in rugby due to the stop/start nature of that sport. Also with an amateur game it'd be hard to implement for most fixtures.

What I like to see most from refs is consistency......it's all players want too..

:D We might see lads emerging from the crowd and hitting the opposition with a chair as he is about to pull on the ball and score a certain goal before disappearing again

On a more serious note though, you are right and as i said its not the referees, there is law makers in an ivory tower that dont seem to know an awful lot about the games. Brendan Cummins and Donal Og said in their respective books that appeals are met with a brick wall of suits.

I have noticed alot of inconsistency with referees though, most notably the All ireland final replay last year. There was Dublin players who remained on the field that should have seen black and then Jonny Cooper seen black and shouldnt have. A couple of Mayo players could have got the line also.

Im not a fan of the black card in general. It was brought in based on one audacious challenge by Sean Cavanagh and i dont blame Cavanagh really because he done what anyone would have done in that situation. I dont agree with a player going off for simply stopping a goal opportunity unless he causes a real danger to the opponent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

The hurlers bet Meath by 33 points in a challenge tonight and no Meath is not a typo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    The hurlers bet Meath by 33 points in a challenge tonight and no Meath is not a typo!!

won the christy ring last year so technically a full senior liam mccarthy side dispite operating in division 2b , cant see what could have been gained but in truth it seems to be working at the moment , big wins against offaly and carlow were followed up with wins in 1A , must be true what they say about matches over training so

Thats one solution but clubs seem hell bent on winning as opposed to developing players. Commercials might be able to afford this luxury but there is rural clubs around the county that have trouble fielding a team that cant afford this luxury

The overall calendar has to be looked at and they may have to rejig the underage intercounty grades. No real quick fix but surely they cant just continue on with a situation where a young lad is under this much pressure to play on these many panels and jack isnt a dual player like Willie Connors for example. its sheer madness.
    It is a drastic solution and i know there's a greater chance of me being next GAA president than it occuring but i see it as one of the only ways and i disagree on it stopping rural clubs from fielding as they can either join with a neighbouring club or play at 13 a side or whatever.
    :D We might see lads emerging from the crowd and hitting the opposition with a chair as he is about to pull on the ball and score a certain goal before disappearing again

On a more serious note though, you are right and as i said its not the referees, there is law makers in an ivory tower that dont seem to know an awful lot about the games. Brendan Cummins and Donal Og said in their respective books that appeals are met with a brick wall of suits.

I have noticed alot of inconsistency with referees though, most notably the All ireland final replay last year. There was Dublin players who remained on the field that should have seen black and then Jonny Cooper seen black and shouldnt have. A couple of Mayo players could have got the line also.

Im not a fan of the black card in general. It was brought in based on one audacious challenge by Sean Cavanagh and i dont blame Cavanagh really because he done what anyone would have done in that situation. I dont agree with a player going off for simply stopping a goal opportunity unless he causes a real danger to the opponent
    I dont see it as people in ivory towers. These people are still all club members and key participants in clubs and the so called suits know the game.
    I think the idea of black card is right but it should be a sin bin of 7/10 minutes

Any idea of the 15?

PV poster mentioned.

Gleeson
    Barrett
    Stephen Cahill
    Barry heffernan
    Sean curran

Truth be told, we'd get a better game off our B team and in fairness no disrespect with Meath they deserve tremendous credit for the hard work they are putting in up there but im struggling to see what benefit this match was to either team other than to make friends with our Meath counterparts and give them tips.

• Advertisement

It is a drastic solution and i know there's a greater chance of me being next GAA president than it occuring but i see it as one of the only ways and i disagree on it stopping rural clubs from fielding as they can either join with a neighbouring club or play at 13 a side or whatever.

I dont see it as people in ivory towers. These people are still all club members and key participants in clubs and the so called suits know the game.

I think the idea of black card is right but it should be a sin bin of 7/10 minutes

From what Cummins and Donal Og were saying this is not the case at the very top level where the GAA is very very corporate and co board suits are arguing against solicitors.

Frank Murphy actually banged them to rights on a few rulings after the brawl in 2007 that Cork and Clare were involved in but their appeal was still thrown out.

The mergers you proposed is easier said than done. You have these great club members that you describe that wouldnt agree on the day of the week. Ireland have as much chance of unifying in the morning as some of these clubs have of merging or even forming a temporary amalgamation and the gas thing is you could have lads in the same social circle disagreeing about merging.

In some cases you will get it but not in all.

Meath won christy ring so not exactly terrible
    won the christy ring last year so technically a full senior liam mccarthy side dispite operating in division 2b, cant see what could have been gained but in truth it seems to be working at the moment, big wins against offaly and carlow were followed up with wins in 1A, must be true what they say about matches over training so
    Slight bit more than just playing a game within the squad of 30 as youre playing unknown quality even if a lesser standard you will see things you'll never see in an internal game.
    Truth be told, we'd get a better game off our B team and in fairness no disrespect with Meath they deserve tremendous credit for the hard work they are putting in up there but im struggling to see what benefit this match was to either team other than to make friends with our Meath counterparts and give them tips.
    Why would an internal game be better? Meath would be an unknown quantity by and large and you can see things very differently than just playing within your own squad when guys know each other so well.
    From what Cummins and Donal Og were saying this is not the case at the very top level where the GAA is very very corporate and co board suits are arguing against solicitors.

Frank Murphy actually banged them to rights on a few rulings after the brawl in 2007 that Cork and Clare were involved in but their appeal was still thrown out.

The mergers you proposed is easier said than done. You have these great club members that you describe that wouldnt agree on the day of the week. Ireland have as much chance of unifying in the morning as some of these clubs have of merging or even forming a temporary amalgamation and the gas thing is you could have lads in the same social circle disagreeing about merging.

In some cases you will get it but not in all.
    Yeah i dont beleive nonsense like that. Yeah its suits and solicitors at the top.
    Ive seen clubs merge at many age groups. There has been mergers at various levels all down the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Where to next Sunday ? Nothing at stake in Cork for the Hurlers, and we will plenty of opportunity to see them in the latter stages of the league. Good luck to them all and especially the newer lads who will get a run out.

Plenty at stake in Thurles where the footballers take on Louth. If the footballers win this they will be assured of promotion and this will be the first Tipperary team to gain promotion to Division 2 in the history of the league.

Iwould say the atmosphere in Thurles will be great with the two teams going for promotion ! The clock goes forward on Sunday morning let's go forward with it!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

John Evans brought Tipp to Division 2 in 2010

Lasted a season

Would be a great achievement to make it again alright :)

CorkFenian wrote: »

Lasted a season

I think Tipp have come a long long way since then and would more than hold our own in Division 2 next season should we come up. Id personally prefer to become established in 2 over the next three seasons before trying for Division 1.

The key is to hold on to the young players and develop a few more to a top standard which isn't easy.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Where to next Sunday ? Nothing at stake in Cork for the Hurlers, and we will plenty of opportunity to see them in the latter stages of the league. Good luck to them all and especially the newer lads who will get a run out.

Plenty at stake in Thurles where the footballers take on Louth. If the footballers win this they will be assured of promotion and this will be the first Tipperary team to gain promotion to Division 2 in the history of the league.

Iwould say the atmosphere in Thurles will be great with the two teams going for promotion ! The clock goes forward on Sunday morning let's go forward with it!

Im more tempted to head to Thurles myself but id still love to be able to go to both. Ive been to every football and hurling league game so far this year.

Its a pity one couldnt have been shifted to the Saturday. I understand it couldnt have been done with the hurling because all three final games have to commence at the same time. Pity the footballers couldnt have penned this game for the Saturday though

Its a pity one couldnt have been shifted to the Saturday. Pity the footballers couldnt have penned this game for the Saturday though

They need the extra days rest as this is their third weekend in a row !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

We won Division 2 in 1970-71 and played Division 1 the following Season . Back then it was 2 Groups of 8 in D1 and the same in D2 !

Hope we can get the support , I reckon we had more than Offaly in Tullamore on Sunday . Tipp support is up this year at home and away games :D !

They need the extra days rest as this is their third weekend in a row !

A fair point too, i hadnt thought of it tbh.

• Advertisement

We won Division 2 in 1970-71 and played Division 1 the following Season . Back then it was 2 Groups of 8 in D1 and the same in D2 !

Hope we can get the support , I reckon we had more than Offaly in Tullamore on Sunday . Tipp support is up this year at home and away games :D !

I cant believe we are still being criticised for lack of support. We are not exactly surging through the gates but there has been a notable increase. For the likes of that Wooly Parkinson to single us out was bang out of order and by the looks of things he would want to look no further than his own doorstep in the midlands for lack of support

CorkFenian wrote: »

Lasted a season

You are quite right and regretfully they were relegated that year along with Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

You are quite right and regretfully they were relegated that year along with Westmeath.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_National_Football_League_(Ireland)

Beat Meath and Westmeath, lost to Donegal by a point, well beaten by Kildare, drew with Down and a few points in it vs Armagh

As one poster mentioned, finding new players is tough, if Tipp could get promoted , then consolidate for a few years...That would be unreal.....Div 1 is harder I feel cos of how the clubs are setup. I think there would have to be standalone clubs rather than clubs going through the motions fulfilling fixtures before Division 1 football will happen...

I cant believe we are still being criticised for lack of support. We are not exactly surging through the gates but there has been a notable increase. For the likes of that Wooly Parkinson to single us out was bang out of order and by the looks of things he would want to look no further than his own doorstep in the midlands for lack of support

There was never going to be a surge , they turn up for Finals and big days out in Croker alright . Seeing the support double this year in Thurles for the League is what I was hoping for , a steady improvement . The effort being put in over the last couple of years by The Friends has to be commended too , they have been dedicated to the cause for years , really sound approachable people !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Launch of a new type of hurl!

Wonder is Seamie has been using this in league...

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/seamus-callanan-richie-hogan-new-hurl-117814

Launch of a new type of hurl!

Wonder is Seamie has been using this in league...

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/seamus-callanan-richie-hogan-new-hurl-117814

To be fair though, if they have developed this hurley (and yes im calling it a hurley) id imagine it has been pilot tested long before now and even if it is the case that Seamie is only using it this league then id imagine Hogan is too and isnt having any issues with it :)

They are keeping the types in the 'composite timber' quiet it seems?

• Advertisement

1. Darren Gleeson – Portroe
    2. John Meagher – Loughmore-Castleiney
    3. James Barry – Upperchurch-Drombane
    4. Michael Cahill – Thurles Sarsfields
    5. Willie Ryan – Clonakenny
    6. Tomás Hamill – Moyne-Templetuohy
    7. Padraic Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    8. Sean Curran – Mullinahone
    9. Kieran Bergin – Killenaule
    10. Dan McCormack – Borris-Ileigh
    11. Niall O’Meara – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    12. Jason Forde – Silvermines
    13. Tommy Heffernan – Nenagh Éire Óg
    14. John McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    15. Seamus Callanan – Drom & Inch

1. Evan Comerford – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    2. Alan Campbell – Moyle Rovers
    3. Paddy Codd – Killenaule
    4. Willie Connors – Kiladangan
    5. Bill Maher – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    6. Robbie Kiely – Carbery Rangers
    7. Jimmy Feehan – Killenaule
    8. Liam Casey – Cahir
    9. Jack Kennedy – Clonmel Commercials
    10. Josh Keane – Golden-Kilfeacle
    11. Kevin O’Halloran – Portroe
    12. Brian Fox (Capt.) – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
    13. Conor Sweeney – Ballyporeen
    14. Michael Quinlivan – Clonmel Commercials
    15. Liam McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney

1. Darren Gleeson – Portroe
    2. John Meagher – Loughmore-Castleiney
    3. James Barry – Upperchurch-Drombane
    4. Michael Cahill – Thurles Sarsfields
    5. Willie Ryan – Clonakenny
    6. Tomás Hamill – Moyne-Templetuohy
    7. Padraic Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    8. Sean Curran – Mullinahone
    9. Kieran Bergin – Killenaule
    10. Dan McCormack – Borris-Ileigh
    11. Niall O’Meara – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    12. Jason Forde – Silvermines
    13. Tommy Heffernan – Nenagh Éire Óg
    14. John McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    15. Seamus Callanan – Drom & Inch

Interesting to see Gleason back. Ryan sticking to his form so far by mixing youth with experience in each line.
    Is willie ryan the same lad who used to play in the forwards a few years back?

If you mean Willie Ryan from Toome - not the same lad.

• Advertisement

digzy wrote: »
    Interesting to see Gleason back. Ryan sticking to his form so far by mixing youth with experience in each line.
    Is willie ryan the same lad who used to play in the forwards a few years back?

No that was Willie Ryan from Toome, this one is from Clonakenny, played Under 21 in 2012 I think
    He had a brother on that team too, Pa?

I think Gleeson was always going to come back...

Be interesting to see how Meagher and Heffernan go....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wouldve like to see stephen o brien get another game.

klose wrote: »
    Wouldve like to see stephen o brien get another game.

O'Brien and Kennedy are struggling with the small ball !

Hahaha they are in no way struggling!!!

My hunch is Ryan has seen enough of O'Brien - knows what he has to offer - and will give him a championship birth. Whether he starts or not I don't know - but, he will get game time. I don't think he wants to give teams a chance for further scrutiny of O'Brien's game...

O'Brien has done exceptionally well...

O'Brien and Kennedy are struggling with the small ball !

Oh you mean Seamus Kennedy who exccelled for Tipperary's All ireland winning half back line last year? Or Stephen O'brien who has excelled in the 3 and a bit league games he has played? Do you actually watch the hurling?

Behave ffs!

Oh you mean Seamus Kennedy who exccelled for Tipperary's All ireland winning half back line last year? Or Stephen O'brien who has excelled in the 3 and a bit league games he has played? Do you actually watch the hurling?

Wait and see none of these two guys will start in the first round of the championship !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Wait and see none of these two guys will start in the first round of the championship !

maybe your right xenophile,isn't it great to see that we have so many players fighting their corner for each position, kennedy 's point in the final last year set the tone for the rest of the team, as a fellow clonmel man you should be shouting from the roof tops about kennedy winning a coveted all ireland medal instead of this petty snipping you carry on about the hurlers,.
    We get it your a football man no one knocking you for it but it's sad as a tipp man to see ya trolling on here. As for Sunday ill head to cork to support the hurlers u head to football match and let's hope we have a double win. tipp abú.

Think it's time for the ignore button!
    I'm hoping for the xenophobic sake he's trolling..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement