Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD Voice phone for hard-of-hearing relative

Options
  • 17-12-2015 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I am looking to get a HD Voice phone for a hard-of-hearing relative. Most of the family are already on Eir Mobile and Meteor with HD capable Smart phones, so we are already enjoying HD voice calls.

Has anyone any views on the best HD Voice phone for a hard-of-hearing user, or whether the HD voice will couple with a hearing aid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

cb1959 wrote: »
    I am looking to get a HD Voice phone for a hard-of-hearing relative. Most of the family are already on Eir Mobile and Meteor with HD capable Smart phones, so we are already enjoying HD voice calls.

Has anyone any views on the best HD Voice phone for a hard-of-hearing user, or whether the HD voice will couple with a hearing aid?

Most phones now support HD voice , but only a few are hearing aid compatible. Look for T4 hearing aid compatiblity spec. Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) supports T4 and is available from Meteor at €159 prepay or probably less on Bill pay or with Eir Mobile.

The HD voice quality should work through the inductive loop coupling on a T4 compatible phone as long as you stay on a HD voice compatible network such as Eir/Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

some hear aids come with an inductance loop I believe that is worn around the neck for folk with hearing aids: have not seen them yet

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

http://thefonecast.com/News/tabid/62/ArticleID/7344/ArtMID/541/Doro-starts-adding-HD-Voice-to-its-easy-to-use-mobile-phone-range.aspx

Not really a fan of the doro phones. But some do have HD voice and link to hearing aids.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cb1959

bugfreebob wrote: »
    Most phones now support HD voice , but only a few are hearing aid compatible. Look for T4 hearing aid compatiblity spec. Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) supports T4 and is available from Meteor at €159 prepay or probably less on Bill pay or with Eir Mobile.

The HD voice quality should work through the inductive loop coupling on a T4 compatible phone as long as you stay on a HD voice compatible network such as Eir/Meteor

I just want to say thanks to everyone who advised on this topic before Christmas. Just to say my relative went with the Moto G (3rd gen) in the end. He went with Eir Mobile, as he already had a broadband/TV bundle with Eir.

The HD voice is working out really well for him and makes a huge difference to his ability to carry on voice calls with the rest of the family.

Thanks

Advertisement