Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Bulb replacement

• 17-12-2015 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Anyone suggest a garage that will replace a headlight bulb, Roxboro\Ballysimon area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭riggsfitz

Halford will fit a bulb if you buy it there. (I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

riggsfitz wrote: »
    Halford will fit a bulb if you buy it there. (I think)

they charge something like e5 a piece fitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

xii wrote: »
    Anyone suggest a garage that will replace a headlight bulb, Roxboro\Ballysimon area.

Chance your arm at Munster car parts on the ballysimon road or at their former site (another car parts business), just under the bridge at the tipp roundabout (assuming you haven't bought the bulb).

If it's a quick fit - they might oblige.
    Failing that - halfords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Halfords only fit the easy bulbs for a high price compared to the cost of a bulb. If you've a difficult bulb like a 08 megane or something they'll send you on your way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Christy Madden (Auto electrician) in Eastlink business park would be worth a shot.

http://madden.goldenpages.ie/

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

they charge something like e5 a piece fitted

€8 a bulb, very expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Berty wrote: »
    Halfords only fit the easy bulbs for a high price compared to the cost of a bulb. If you've a difficult bulb like a 08 megane or something they'll send you on your way.

ha they probably changed that after i brought in my passat a few years ago! I knew it was a pig to do, so was happy to let them do it for the 8 or whatever to save my destroyed hands

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭xii

Munster car parts it was, 5 Euro fitted, was asked to bring the car around the back to Uri the mechanic, he was rageing for some reason, like the guy from Armageddon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I wouldn't let Halfords fit a lightbulb. They'll just make a balls of it. Any time I've had anything fitted by them they've f**ked it up - including blowing a radio. And a lightbulb - sold me the wrong one.

Avoid for that sort of thing, just get what you need and go to Des Kennedy or someone like him if you can't do it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

leakyboots wrote: »
    I wouldn't let Halfords fit a lightbulb. They'll just make a balls of it. Any time I've had anything fitted by them they've f**ked it up - including blowing a radio. And a lightbulb - sold me the wrong one.

Avoid for that sort of thing, just get what you need and go to Des Kennedy or someone like him if you can't do it yourself.

Des Kennedy is closed down, had a by pass done during the year and closed up shop after it.

The guy who used to work in there with him has his own place working from home up near John's Gate and Des's own nephew opened his own place out near Slater's garage in Thomondgate.

If it's just a simple bulb change then should check out YouTube for a do it yourself video and save yourself a few quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Why not go completely mad and fit it yourself? No wonder people can't do anything for themselves nowadays.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Some cars can be extremely difficult to do yourself and may even need special tools, personally I'm useless at anything motor related (I can put petrol in) and will gladly pay someone to do it for me (I get my car services ever 15,000km), but I'll have a go at anything with a plug on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Clareman. Ive a solution to your woes.

Head to Topaz on the dock road. First one, they fill your fuel now. One less thing for you to do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Berty wrote: »
    Clareman. Ive a solution to your woes.

Head to Topaz on the dock road. First one, they fill your fuel now. One less thing for you to do.

I have a Topaz Fuel Card and a Topaz Car Wash Card, if they put petrol in for me as well I'll just need a Topaz Driver :pac:

Advertisement