Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC 2016 Thread

• 17-12-2015 1:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Last year's thread located here

A bit later than I usually start the thread but we've been making a few signings so said I'd start a new thread for the new year.

Squad:
    Mark Quigley the latest to join and Anto the latest to re-sign. Squad shaping up very nicely indeed. That's 18 so we're already at the bare-minimum we need for next year so any further additions will probably be for depth as opposed to quality but hopefully they'll be an improvement on what we had last year. Anto re-signing is big news!

Dean Delany GK
    Lee Steacy GK

Derek Pender RB
    Anto Murphy CB/RB/RM
    Dano Byrne CB
    Derek Prendergast CB
    Stephen Best CB
    Lorcan Fitzgerald LB

Keith Buckley RM/CM
    Paddy Kavanagh RM/CAM
    Roberto Lopes CM/CB/RB
    Eoin Wearen CM/CB
    Ayman Ben Mohamed LM
    Adam Evans LM//ST

Ismahil Akinade ST
    Kurtis Byrne ST/CAM
    Jake Kelly ST/LM/CAM
    Mark Quigley ST

We're probably still a bit short in the centre of midfield and in defence. A replacement for Dylan Hayes and a centre mid or two.

There's also friendlies announced for the new year
    Monday January 25 TBC Cabinteely v Bohemians 7.30pm
    Sunday January 31 Dalymount Park Bohemians v Shelbourne 2pm
    Saturday February 13 RSC Waterford Utd v Bohemians 2pm
    Sunday February 21 Dalymount Park Bohemians v Drogheda Utd 2pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Will be interesting to see can the team improve on last season which in fairness overall was a bit better then I expected. Can they maybe push for a European spot and make a run in one of the cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Any sign of the new Jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Quigley is a player I've been frustrated with over the years. He has all the technical ability in the world but his attitude/motivation/laziness seems off more often than not. Unless Keith Long can get him to change that, I'm undecided.

Squad looks decent. If we emulate last season, I'd be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Any sign of the new Jersey?

Not gonna be this side of Christmas I'm afraid.

Transfers:
    Ins
    Aymen Ben Mohammed (Longford Town)
    Kurtis Byrne (Dundalk)
    Mark Quigley (Derry)

Outs
    Jason Byrne (Released)
    David Mulcahy (Released)
    Kealan Dillon (Longford Town)
    Dylan Hayes (Released)
    Robbie Creevy (Released)
    James O'Brien (Released)
    Karl Moore (Bray)
    Mark Griffin (Released)
    Aaron Ashe (Released)
    Aaron Molloy (Drogheda)

3 in and 10 out, albeit there's a few fringe players up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

James Kavanagh is doing pre-season training with yiz, could be a good signing if he's fit

21/25

• Advertisement

uch wrote: »
    James Kavanagh is doing pre-season training with yiz, could be a good signing if he's fit

Paddy's brother is it? What's he like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

If you get 80% of Quigley's best you guys could easily push for top 4.

Ryan Ennis signed from Pats. That's about all I know about him

Robbie Creevy signed for Bray. Decent team they're putting together. Could challenge for Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Like the look of that squad but we're short at LB and in the centre of the park.

Like the look of our attacking options Quigley aside. Bit more creativity in midfield is key and I think Byrne could provide that.

Nice to see friendlies being organised early doors yet again. Roll on January lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

BOHtox wrote: »
    Paddy's brother is it? What's he like?

Sorry for taking so long to reply,

Yep he's Paddy's younger brother, was with UCD a couple of years ago, didn't play last year, think he might just be trying to build up the fitness, and sure if he's up to it I'm sure Keith will be all over him

21/25

Got my season ticket for an early Xmas present. Thanks, Maw!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Got my season ticket for an early Xmas present. Thanks, Maw!

The gift that keeps on giving.

The world's most prestigious cup competition is back.

THE LEINSTER SENIOR CUP!!!

Drogheda United v Bohemian FC

Shamrock Rovers v Liffey Wanderers or Collinstown FC or Killester United

Longford Town v Thomastown United or Drumcondra FC

Cabinteely FC v Tolka Rovers or Bluebell United

Athlone Town v Wexford Youths

UCD AFC v Crumlin United or Willow Park

Shelbourne FC v Dundalk FC

Bray Wanderers v St Patricks Athletic

Dylan Hayes re-signs, Darragh Brennan signs who's a highly rated midfielder and some other housekeeping

Dean Delany GK
    Lee Steacy GK

Dylan Hayes RB
    Derek Pender RB
    Anto Murphy CB/RB/RM
    Dano Byrne CB
    Derek Prendergast CB
    Stephen Best CB/LB
    Lorcan Fitzgerald LB

Keith Buckley RM/CM
    Paddy Kavanagh RM/CAM
    Roberto Lopes CM/CB/RB
    Eoin Wearen CM/CB
    Darragh Brennan CM
    Ayman Ben Mohamed LM
    Adam Evans LM//ST

Ismahil Akinade ST
    Kurtis Byrne ST/CAM
    Jake Kelly ST/LM/CAM
    Mark Quigley ST
    Ryan Ennis ST

Transfers:
    Ins
    Kurtis Byrne (Dundalk)
    Mark Quigley (Derry)
    Ryan Ennis (St Pats)
    Darragh Brennan (Hardwick)

Outs
    Jason Byrne (Released)
    David Mulcahy (Released)
    Robbie Creevy (Bray)
    James O'Brien (Released)
    Karl Moore (Bray)
    Mark Griffin (Drogs)
    Aaron Ashe (Released)
    Aaron Molloy (Drogheda)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Looks like a training top Bucko would wear on his bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Ouch that is terrible. The 2 training tops are much more sharp looking.

In fairness the gear is usually top notch. There was a very nice baseball jacket last year and some real good rain jackets. Most of it sold out from the Hummel warehouse by the summer too. Personally I think our away jersey should be a brighter colour without being completely luminous :D

Probably the nicest we've had
    Bohemian.jpg

Remember they let the fans decide two years ago? They gave is an option of 8 different combos, including shorts, to choose from. That was class.

• Advertisement

Don't think they even ran through with it in the end. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think they got the Mr Green deal and we got a very good sponsorship deal, and there's no doubt the deal has worked for both parties, but as part of the deal came the green jersey?

The year before the green one I mean. The white one with red and black trim. Was gorgeous.

My apologies, it was the home one we voted on.

Wasn't there tonight but we need big time to sort out our defence. Conceding 8 goals in 4 games is unacceptable. Wouldn't mind seeing Dan Byrne and Stephen Best given a chance at centre half. Best is wasted at left back but in good time will become a good centre half.

Also, I think we need to keep it on the ground more. Hoofing it up to the big man may get us some results but it's caveman stuff. Akinade is good with the ball at his feet too.

Wasn't there tonight but we need big time to sort out our defence. Conceding 8 goals in 4 games is unacceptable. Wouldn't mind seeing Dan Byrne and Stephen Best given a chance at centre half. Best is wasted at left back but in good time will become a good centre half.

Also, I think we need to keep it on the ground more. Hoofing it up to the big man may get us some results but it's caveman stuff. Akinade is good with the ball at his feet too.

Check out the highlights on MNS, Ben Muhammad had a stormer (in the 2nd half).

We cannot defend at the moment, Derek had an awful match. Glad he was hooked.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Aymo was Joker Kellyesque. Exciting player.

Aymo was Joker Kellyesque. Exciting player.

He was savage, reminded me of Bobby Ryan. Loads of stepovers but only when they mattered, everything he did was productive. I actually thought we got it down on the deck very well on parts last night. They were there for the taking last night.

Lopes/Prendergast/Anto were all awful last night.

But the worrying thing is defending from set pieces. Cost us big last night. Was like a back 4 of complete strangers.

Paddy Kavanagh is a strange player. He'll put himself about, do all the hard work but can't pass for shít. Very infuriating.

Conflicted about the game but that ref was a fúcking clown. How many times can teams steal yards from throw ins and continue to have foul throws every bloody time?

Officiating in this league is a joke.

Highlight was Lar mentioning the "Longford Town" sub. :pac:

We looked a different team once Dan Byrne came on, Anto was still a major liability though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

That_Guy wrote: »

Highlight was Lar mentioning the "Longford Town" sub. :pac:

It's not as if our kit could have got him confused :)

Important enough game tonight against Longford in the EA. I hope Long uses this as half settling the team and half giving players some game time. The back 5 really needs to settle.

Delany

Pender Anto Best FitzGerald

Buckley Wearen Lopes Evans

Quigley Byrne

And looking to Saturday, our game vs Galway Utd is at the unusual time of 2pm. Make sure you've travel arranged because Connaught host Leinster that evening too, trains etc could be busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ben Mohammed looked decent in those MNS highlights. What is his nationality status?

Ben Mohammed looked decent in those MNS highlights. What is his nationality status?

He's seriously a talent in the making, reminiscent of Bobby Ryan in my opinion with his play on the wings.

Just updating the squad based on the match programme. It seems Dave Mulcahy is back but also Paddy's younger brother, James Kavanagh. Is James a winger does anyone know? Jason Caffrey also re-signed.

Dean Delany GK
    Lee Steacy GK

Dylan Hayes RB
    Derek Pender RB
    Anto Murphy CB/RB/RM
    Dano Byrne CB
    Derek Prendergast CB
    Stephen Best CB/LB
    Lorcan Fitzgerald LB
    Jason Caffrey LB

Keith Buckley RM/CM
    Paddy Kavanagh RM/CAM
    Roberto Lopes CM/CB/RB
    Dave Mulcahy CM/CB
    James Kavanagh CM
    Eoin Wearen CM/CB
    Darragh Brennan CM
    Ayman Ben Mohamed LM
    Adam Evans LM//ST

Ismahil Akinade ST
    Kurtis Byrne ST/CAM
    Jake Kelly ST/LM/CAM
    Mark Quigley ST
    Ryan Ennis ST

Transfers:
    Ins
    Kurtis Byrne (Dundalk)
    Mark Quigley (Derry)
    Ryan Ennis (St Pats)
    Darragh Brennan (Hardwick)
    James Kavanagh (UCD?)

Outs
    Jason Byrne (Released)
    Robbie Creevy (Bray)
    James O'Brien (Released)
    Karl Moore (Bray)
    Mark Griffin (Drogs)
    Aaron Ashe (Released)
    Aaron Molloy (Drogheda)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Dr Ben does indeed look like our best winger since Bobby Ryan, hopefully we get to see more of him. He can't start games during Ramadan though, for the foreseeable future he's probably going to be used as an impact sub

We've gone from this:

bohsbanner.jpg

to:
    It's going to be a LONG LONG season.

Clueless, no gameplan. We looked awful. Rovers were good but we made them look better

Also anyway who ran on to the pitch, from both ourselves and Rovers, are the scorn of Irish football and deserve to be banned forever

Too early to get the knives out for Long?

Haven't scored in 5, playing turgid stuff, signing imposters in the window, not replacing the centre mids we let go and most importantly losing to Rovers 0-4.

Ian Barraclough?

Too early to get the knives out for Long?

Haven't scored in 5, playing turgid stuff, signing imposters in the window, not replacing the centre mids we let go and most importantly losing to Rovers 0-4.

Ian Barraclough?

Maybe so.

Ayman the other only positive again. Look devoid of ideas and every time the ball goes in the box we **** ourselves.

• Advertisement

6 games without a goal now I think I'm right in saying. The problem with the shape of the team is that they're so rigid. Nobody willing to move from their position and take a chance on a breaking ball.

It's pathetic to watch and while we're lacking in goals, we're severely lacking players to create anything from central midfield. Hoofing balls over Kurtis Byrne's head is fúcking pointless and will get us nowhere.

I'm not fully in the 'Long Out' brigade but I'm extremely concerned. Sligo away on Saturday is now very tough seeing as how they're now clicking and picking up results.

Galway at home in the FAI cup after that. Lose that and the season is all but over already.

I'd probably give it 2-3 more games to see what we can muster up but I can't see Long picking these players up whatsoever at the moment.

Devoid of anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I don't understand how the team's gone to such ****e though. It's a lot of the same players, but they don't seem to even care anymore. Made the trip home for the Rovers match, nearly wish I hadn't. You couldn't even be upset about losing, because Rovers deserved the win.

Severe lack of testicles in the team tbh.

Severe lack of testicles in the team tbh.

Was saying to a mate I regularly go to the games with that our experienced heads (Pender, Mulcahy, Lopes (to an extent)...) talk a good game. Always shouting/talking. But when the time comes to step up and and control the game they're nowhere to be seen.

We're missing leadership. We were hailed as a good team last year with good energy but that can only take you so far. Granted, last season was great for the most part but right now we're a team full of headless chickens who look like they've never played with each other before.

I wonder if having the same coaches at the club is the problem. We're not blessed with tons of coaches to choose from but the same ideas/faces working with new managers surely doesn't help matters.

I'm sure there's always going to be conflict of interest.

I'm probably clutching at straws but there has to be some reason why we've slumped so badly this season.

Another bloody defeat and the drought continues. I think last year we got lucky in that many teams weren't wise to Akinade's antics but this season it's all been figured out. Ben Mohammed is the only source of joy following Bohs this year.

I thought we were decent tonight in patches. We created loads of chances but couldn't hit a barn door in reality. Without exaggerating, Pico should have had a hat trick and could easily have had more than that. Jake kelly is an imposter. A terrible footballer who hasn't impressed me one bit since joining. He blasted a glorious chance over from inside the 6 yard box. Dan Byrne should have had a penalty (But then again all our players would probably bottle taking it), Bucko was one on one, went for power and hit it straight at the keeper. Akinade had a shot in the first half saved very well too by that timewaster in goal.

Their goal came from Lorcan and Delany messing with it at the back and not getting rid of it. Nearly happened again a few minutes later too from a very similar situation. Lorcan hasn't showed up this season at all. Does Hayes actually consider himself a footballer?

Sligo have really unlikeable players. They were in the corner timewasting from the moment they scored tbh. Schlingerman was taking 1-2 minutes to take a goal kick and the physio had to come on after every cross he collected because he went down. They made a show of the ref who was completely out of his depth tonight too. Fair play for getting the win by any means necessary and all that but...

I'm not in the "Long Out" camp. Individuals are costing this team. Long is not pissing it about at the back costing us goals. Long isn't missing tap-ins. He plays a good brand of football and he can see where the problems are and with his success last season, I think he has at least bought himself the rest of this season. As a few players were half-arsed applauding the brave/stupid fans who made the travel, Long was grabbing players and pushing them right over to the fans. Fair play to him for that. In saying all that though, if we lose to Galway next week and don't score serious questions will be asked.

Any idea what our banner said?

Few transfers there if you're looking

In:
    Shane Supple (Crumlin)
    Ian Morris (Last club was Pats)
    Marco Chindea (Last club was Athlone I believe)

Out:
    Anto Murphy (Released)
    Lee Steacy (Bray)
    Adam Evans (Released)
    Paul Rooney (Millwall)

Squad:
    Dean Delany GK
    Shane Supple GK

Dylan Hayes RB
    Derek Pender RB
    Dano Byrne CB
    Derek Prendergast CB
    Dave Mulcahy CB/CM
    Stephen Best CB/LB
    Lorcan Fitzgerald LB

Keith Buckley RM/CM
    Paddy Kavanagh RM/CAM
    Roberto Lopes CM/CB/RB
    James Kavanagh CM
    Eoin Wearen CM
    Ian Morris CM
    Marco Chindea CM?
    Ayman Ben Mohamed LM

Ismahil Akinade ST
    Kurtis Byrne ST/CAM/RM
    Jake Kelly ST/LM/CAM
    Mark Quigley ST

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Few transfers there if you're looking

In:
    Shane Supple (Crumlin)

Out:
    Anto Murphy (Released)
    Lee Steacy (Bray)
    Adam Evans (Released)
    Paul Rooney (Millwall)

Squad:
    Dean Delany GK
    Shane Supple GK

Dylan Hayes RB
    Derek Pender RB
    Dano Byrne CB
    Derek Prendergast CB
    Dave Mulcahy CB/CM
    Stephen Best CB/LB
    Lorcan Fitzgerald LB

Keith Buckley RM/CM
    Paddy Kavanagh RM/CAM
    Roberto Lopes CM/CB/RB
    James Kavanagh CM
    Eoin Wearen CM
    Ian Morris CM
    Marco Chindea CM?
    Ayman Ben Mohamed LM

Ismahil Akinade ST
    Kurtis Byrne ST/CAM/RM
    Jake Kelly ST/LM/CAM
    Mark Quigley ST

Chindea is a winger, seen him quite a bit with Athlone last year or so. He is a talent but can go missing at times

In:
    Shane Supple (Crumlin)

Out:
    Anto Murphy (Released)
    Lee Steacy (Bray)
    Adam Evans (Released)
    Paul Rooney (Millwall)
    David Mulcahy (Cork)
    Dr. Ben :mad: (L’Espérance Sportive de Tunis) -Undisclosed

Mulcahy gone to Cork as well.

Lot of players gone in the last few weeks.

Morris looked very poor against Derry, though I don't think he is a left back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement