Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC 2016 Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We've really sacrificed creativity with Ben gone. A shíte season just got even more shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

****ing hell, some end to that game. We were ****e for long spells but somehow conspired to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Wow,

Ian Morris was fantastic when he came on, Byrne free kick was inch perfect

but1er wrote: »
    Wow,

Ian Morris was fantastic when he came on, Byrne free kick was inch perfect

Morris came on? I thought it was the subs we Dean, Quigley and Curtis. Eyesight might be failing me all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

First match since the Euros. Been working friday evenings so was nice that this match was scheduled for a monday, for me anyway.

Credit to Long for making the changes he made. Three very attacking changes and they all played out of their skin.

Can't help but feel a bit delighted for Schlingermann too. Time wasting since they scored their first goal and was the same when we played them down there.

Great win and leaves us in good stead going in to the cup match with Derry

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Morris came on? I thought it was the subs we Dean, Quigley and Curtis. Eyesight might be failing me all the same.

Yeah that was it alright. Thought all 3 subs were excellent when they came on to be fair

BOHtox wrote: »
    Yeah that was it alright. Thought all 3 subs were excellent when they came on to be fair

Yeah id agree, all 3 looked real good. What was the handbags with best about at the end?

Dont shoot me. No idea how I got Morris mixed up with Dean O'Halloran on his debut, absoulte Chris Kamara out of me

Dont shoot me. No idea how I got Morris mixed up with Dean O'Halloran on his debut, absoulte Chris Kamara out of me

It happens haha

Was calling for Morris to come in as he looked decent against Finn Harps.

• Advertisement

Losing Ben might not might be so bad if Dean can get fully fit, look forward to seeing him Friday. Amy idea on Supple why he was missing?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Missed the game yesterday. Also missed the game where we trounced Pats. I should just stay at home :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Missed the game yesterday. Also missed the game where we trounced Pats. I should just stay at home :o

Missed it myself. Went for a nap at 5pm. Woke up at 7:35pm

Not happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Losing Ben might not might be so bad if Dean can get fully fit, look forward to seeing him Friday. Amy idea on Supple why he was missing?

Supple went off injured against Cork city on Friday. Delany replaced him on the night and started last night. That's 7 points from our last 9, more like it!

Shane Supple re-signed for next year which is great news. I'd happily give Long another year to sort it out too. There's no one more frustrated than him by how some have played this year and I do think the signings of Byrne, Akinade, Fitzgerald, Supple etc show he has a good eye in the market.

If we can re-sign a good few of last years squad and drop some of the deadwood then there's no reason we can compete for Europe next year

I'd heard some calls for Long to be sacked, but they're off their head imo.

We're had a poor year for sure (Although we can still finish in the same position as last year), but for the next few seasons what we need to stability. Long should keep us ticking along through the development of Dalymount. At that point we can reassess our ambitions.

Be great to challenge in Europe for sure, but in reality the aim while we're playing out of Tolka has got to be simply avoid relegation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Exactly. Playing out of Tolka is gonna be difficult on multiple levels, but avoiding relegation is the biggie. We're playing (fairly) consistently this season, there haven't been too many shocking defeats, and we've had a couple of really good wins that people might not have expected. If we can keep that going, I'll be happy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

GLaDOS wrote: »
    I'd heard some calls for Long to be sacked, but they're off their head imo.

We're had a poor year for sure (Although we can still finish in the same position as last year), but for the next few seasons what we need to stability. Long should keep us ticking along through the development of Dalymount. At that point we can reassess our ambitions.

Be great to challenge in Europe for sure, but in reality the aim while we're playing out of Tolka has got to be simply avoid relegation.

Long is still the man for the job.

The aim should be financial stability and upper end of mid table, Europe is a tough ask.

This season is about right, I think last season we over achieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Long is still the man for the job.

The aim should be financial stability and upper end of mid table, Europe is a tough ask.

This season is about right, I think last season we over achieved.

I think that is a fair assessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Bohs Board ain't going to entertain calls for Long to be sacked however we should be performing better, we had a bigger budget this year for the team and I felt the team we had were decent enough to push on and challenge for 4th/5th the re-emergence of Derry didnt help but Rovers and Pats were/are poor, Akinade missing games doesnt help either. First season in a long time we might actually be white washed by Rovers including our heaviest defeat in decades against them, that is not acceptable. The football at times has being really atrocious too with a very disappointing exit in the cup to Derry.

Next two/three seasons he won't have the Budget so bleak times ahead and survival in the league is the obvious objective to maintain our Prem status for our return to Dalymount, Next season will tell what he is made of but I am confident he is the man to get us there intact.

Well that was fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Why can't we do that every week?

Rovers were piss poor, as were their players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Decided to go along to this for my football fix for the weekend, as I couldn't make it to City v Galway (with the results that happened, I should miss games more often!). Was never at a Bohs v Rovers match before and it's rare that I'd get the chance to go again with way the fixtures fall, so said I might as well go to this one. Genuinely thought with the way the season is petering out for both sides that it'd be a dead rubber. I couldn't be more wrong! Some crowd, some atmosphere and some commitment by the players. They weren't settling for an easy end to the season, they were giving it their all like it was a cup final. There's some bond between the players and fans, too. That thing that Lopes did at the end in front of the Bohs section was great.

Dublin LoI fans often say how lucky Cork City are because we're a one-team city and we have the best potential for growing a fanbase. I disagree. We have absolutely nothing compared to a derby like that. We barely have any away fans at the Cross to create an opposing atmosphere, let alone the kind of rivalry that was on show in Dayler. No matter what way the season goes, Bohs and Rovers are guaranteed three cup finals a year. If the other night is the norm for the derby (and looking at videos from previous matches, I'd believe it is), I can't understand how they're not better attended. Granted Dalymount has limited capacity, but this should be selling out days in advance!

Still in a cracking mood after that. Probably the best I've seen us play all year. Dominated from start to finish. Rovers were poor but extremely physical. Lots of late tackles, lots of jumps with elbows, lots of arms wrapped around bodies but we dealt with all that very well. It's almost a shame Cregg got sent off for cheating because we would have beaten them 11 vs 11 either.

Don't get the whole fascination with robbing a Bury flag though :confused:

Delighted Buckley got POTY. Been a favourite of mine since he came on to the seen and scored vs Rovers very early on in his Bohs career then couldn't do an interview with RTE because after the match he hopped straight on his bike and went to work as a lounge boy in the Windjammer.

We've Supple on board for next year, hopefully we can sign the vast, vast majority of the squad back for next year, including Long. And replace what we've lost during the year we should do okay again next year. Losing Anto Murphy, Ben Mohammed and Dave Mulcahy were big losses. We've had Akinade out injured for a while. He'll be like a new signing too. Get rid of Quigley and replace the 3 we've lost and we should be okay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Decided to go along to this for my football fix for the weekend, as I couldn't make it to City v Galway (with the results that happened, I should miss games more often!). Was never at a Bohs v Rovers match before and it's rare that I'd get the chance to go again with way the fixtures fall, so said I might as well go to this one. Genuinely thought with the way the season is petering out for both sides that it'd be a dead rubber. I couldn't be more wrong! Some crowd, some atmosphere and some commitment by the players. They weren't settling for an easy end to the season, they were giving it their all like it was a cup final. There's some bond between the players and fans, too. That thing that Lopes did at the end in front of the Bohs section was great.

Dublin LoI fans often say how lucky Cork City are because we're a one-team city and we have the best potential for growing a fanbase. I disagree. We have absolutely nothing compared to a derby like that. We barely have any away fans at the Cross to create an opposing atmosphere, let alone the kind of rivalry that was on show in Dayler. No matter what way the season goes, Bohs and Rovers are guaranteed three cup finals a year. If the other night is the norm for the derby (and looking at videos from previous matches, I'd believe it is), I can't understand how they're not better attended. Granted Dalymount has limited capacity, but this should be selling out days in advance!

I disagree we are lucky to have a 1 team city club-and hopefully with Limerick,Cobh ,Waterford up and running the derbys be back.

Some of the Dublin clubs should fold ,Shelbourne for 1,

I disagree we are lucky to have a 1 team city club-and hopefully with Limerick,Cobh ,Waterford up and running the derbys be back.

Geez, I don't like Shels but I'd absolutely hate to see them fold. Far too much history to wishing that upon them. A move to Swords or something would benefit Shels and football in Dublin as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

They aren't really derby's though, Cobh would be if they had a comparable team. The rest are just the closest teams to us, and Limerick has been in previous years due to ex players. The Dublin derby is a different breed imo. Not sure why you'd want Shels to fold either to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

They have no fans no money not a pot to pee in,Going into the LSL would serve the purpose for the few fans they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

They have no fans no money not a pot to pee in,Going into the LSL would serve the purpose for the few fans they have.
    get a grip

Was delighted to see Lynn O'Neill picked up the 2016 PFAI Special Merit Award for her service to Bohs over the years. Any Bohs fans knows how much she has has given to the club and the award is well deserved.

Jamie Doyle signs from Shels. Anyone know anything about him?

Him and Supple on board for next year too.

Tame enough season from us this year. Only two teams scored fewer than us. In saying that we conededed relatively few based on teams even a few places ahead of us. Supple between the sticks for a full season next year should help too.

Losing Anto Murphy, Ben Mohammed and Dave Mulcahy through the season was not ideal. 3 solid first team players and we couldn't really replace them. We could have chases 5th with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Doyle was decent enough for us. Good in the first half of the season and then didn't do much over the second half of the season.

Will need to step it up if he's gonna be ready for Premier Division football.

Pico to Rovers is being reported everywhere. Don't know how to feel obout that. Disappointed maybe. He's not an amazing baller but he gives it his all. He's respected here... could see him going the way of Luke Byrne over there.

Squad so far:
    Shane Supple GK
    Jamie Doyle LW
    Izzy Akinade ST

Aaron Greene and Killian Brennan rumoured to be over to us too. Would be great to sign back Bucko, Lopes and Byrne.

Greg Murray has signed back for Bohs after three years at Shels. He was a decent keeper back when he was 19/20 and playing for us. I imagine 3 years playing football with Shels will have done him good if he was playing first team.

Squad:
    Shane Supple GK
    Greg Murray GK
    Dominic Peppard RB? (Born in the year 2000 :eek:)
    Dan Byrne CB/CM
    Dean Casey LW?
    Jamie Doyle LW
    Izzy Akinade ST

Bucko, Quigley and Best rumoured to be re-signing but nothing on twitter or the club's official site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

BOHtox wrote: »
    Greg Murray has signed back for Bohs after three years at Shels. He was a decent keeper back when he was 19/20 and playing for us. I imagine 3 years playing football with Shels will have done him good if he was playing first team.

Bucko, Quigley and Best rumoured to be re-signing but nothing on twitter or the club's official site.

Greg was dropped for us as first choice after a couple of months this season, in place of young 19 year old Jack Brady. In the games he did play this season, Murray looked fairly shaky and inconstant.

Rumours of Bucko to gravy-train at Bray.

Yeah I'd have little confidence in Murray if he's called upon.

Advertisement