Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A UK or Irish bank that would switch a current account from Italy (UniCredit)

• 17-12-2015 4:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

So I have an old current account in Italy that's just chewing away at the small balance I left in it with its monthly fees. However to close it, I apparently need to go to the branch, sign forms etc. Not worth the price of the flight to go, and I don't just want to leave the account go into an overdraft once the monthly fees take the remaining balance.

I thought one way around this might be to avail of a switching service with a new current account - does anyone know of a bank in either the UK or Ireland that would switch the account from Italy? The account is with UniCredit.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There isn't really any pan-European switching service, alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Neil3030 wrote: »
    So I have an old current account in Italy that's just chewing away at the small balance I left in it with its monthly fees. However to close it, I apparently need to go to the branch, sign forms etc. Not worth the price of the flight to go, and I don't just want to leave the account go into an overdraft once the monthly fees take the remaining balance.

I thought one way around this might be to avail of a switching service with a new current account - does anyone know of a bank in either the UK or Ireland that would switch the account from Italy? The account is with UniCredit.

Thanks for any advice.

Most banks will accept a letter to close an account. Ring and insist that you cannot be there is person to close the account.

Advertisement