Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch Phone but cancel broadband

Options
  • 17-12-2015 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

I am currently with another provider for phone and broadband.  I want to switch my phone back to Eir but want to cancel the broadband as my line cannot support more than 2MB (distance from exchange) so we do not use it anymore as we have 50MB on 4G. 

How do we do this? Just sign up with Eir for phone only, let it switch over and contact my current provider to cancel the broadband? 

Many Thanks
    Jason

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Shyboy wrote: »
    I am currently with another provider for phone and broadband.  I want to switch my phone back to Eir but want to cancel the broadband as my line cannot support more than 2MB (distance from exchange) so we do not use it anymore as we have 50MB on 4G. 

How do we do this? Just sign up with Eir for phone only, let it switch over and contact my current provider to cancel the broadband? 

Many Thanks
    Jason
    Hi Shyboy

The route you suggested above really is the best way to go about it :)

Make sure to advise eir that you only want the line transfer across - You can order this by calling sales on free phone 1800500300

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

eir: Alan wrote: »

Many Thanks
    Jason
    Hi Shyboy

Make sure to advise eir that you only want the line transfer across - You can order this by calling sales on free phone 1800500300

Thanks
    Al
    Ok, thanks Al!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eir: Alan wrote: »

Many Thanks
    Jason
    Hi Shyboy

Thanks
    Al
    Ok, thanks Al!! :)
    No problem Shyboy

Al

Advertisement