Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steamworld Heist

• 17-12-2015 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭

Really enjoying this game - probably one of my games of the year. For those who don't know what it is, it's a turn-based action strategy game by the guys who made Steamworld Dig (one of my favourites from last year!)

Trailer:

Anyway, I had an ulterior motive for starting this thread. I have about 10 levels done in the first area, but I'm stuck. There is a level called Turret Factory (I think) where the goal is to kill someone and get out. The problem is that when you do so, about 10 turrets come online, so it's impossible to get out. I thought there might be a generator somewhere but I haven't seen one.

Any idea how to beat it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The generator thing is what triggers the turrets coming out.

Have you tried shooting the turrets? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can you shoot them before they come out? Never tried that. Too many to shoot afterwards - I get overwhelmed (I get shot 3-4 times in one turn and get wiped out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nah, has to be after, otherwise it's down to strategic positioning and timing your moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished it. Didn't get star for epic loot, but got out alive. Will try again later and aim to find loot before engineer.
    Patience and positioning is the key. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

SteamWorld Heist Q&A: Steam Release, Wii U Cross-Buy, New DLC | The Engine Room #16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j1e6ZQWut8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The Crossbuy 3DS/WiiU versus PS4/Vita thing was interesting - ie the amount of work required to release on 3DS and Wii U is significantly higher than PS4 and Vita, so they charge separately for the 3DS and Wii U versions (with a discount for owning both) where you get full crossbuy on the Sony platform. Any closet Devs on the board who can weigh in on that? Explains a lot about how seldom anyone bothers their hole to do that on the Ninty shop.

Advertisement