Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you play when hungover?

• 17-12-2015 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

I love spending a hangover Sunday playing something that's not too taxing on the brain. Nice and relaxing.

TBS games work a treat. FPS games just make the hangovers worse.

Games that work for me are:

Rome 2
    Crusader Kings 2
    Game Dev Tycoon
    The Sims
    Papers Please

What games are good for a hangover?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I've a tendency to drift to blizzard games when hungover. There has been a few resubscribes to wow to mess around on a sunday afternoon. Lasts a few hours and then normal service resumes on Monday!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Civ V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Doesn't sound like much of a hangover if you can sit in front of a computer screen and game for hours.

I'm dying in the bed with a bag beside me, or curled up in the fetal position on the couch with tea and toast

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

I usually just play hearthstone when i'm slightly hungover as that game is relaxing to play for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Guild Wars 2, or something turn based that doesn't require fast reactions. Civ, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Woden wrote: »
    I've a tendency to drift to blizzard games when hungover. There has been a few resubscribes to wow to mess around on a sunday afternoon. Lasts a few hours and then normal service resumes on Monday!

I've resubbed to WoW when hungover way too many times for my liking. It's weird, as i get the urge after any heavy nights drinking. I guess it's true...drinking really is bad for you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont get hangovers :)

Can drink for days and wake up bright and shiny when I need to.

I'm usually to depressed to enjoy anything slow. I'd play something fast paced; to prevent my mind from idling and my thoughts wandering to my pathetic existence. CSGO does the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Normally a few rounds of Battlefield 4 is soothing enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Normally a few rounds of Battlefield 4 is soothing enough.

Jaysus I cannot play BF4 when hungover. I can't shoot for $hite when feeling like that :D

tumblr_ntcc2uQ8PV1rnzz12o1_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

What games are good for a hangover?

GTA V Online - just dicking around the lobby.

What gives me a chuckle is chasing people down with my plane while yelling: "FO GWATE GWORY, MY NOBAL ANCESTA! BANZAI!" over the voice comms.

Their tears are like turbo coffee.

Another one is to find someone in their car, and shoot out all the tires. Play with my food a little while kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Suffer. I just suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭golondrinas

I like to play dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

RTS is a disaster. I feel like an absolute dope trying to play Starcraft when I'm worse for the wear. It's frustrating to be so slow off the mark and you just have to give up for something more sedate.

TBS's and a few podcasts are my personal preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

For the day that's in it:

I can't recommend Stardew Valley enough for a hangover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

arcade games on sc2...... no brainer games :D

Advertisement