Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Day Licences

Options
  • 17-12-2015 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Quick question about One Day Racing Licences, do you have to be a member of Triathlon Ireland in order to buy one.

was on their website looking for info on it but nothing seems to pop up on the link.

could be an error of some kind was thinking it might be a members only kind of access.

i am looking to do a Duathlon in January but had not really envisaged registering for a whole year

cheers

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If youre a member of TI, you dont need a one day licence. It is to cover non members racing TI sanctioned events.

The TI site seems a bit busted, but I found this link: (note the security on it has lapsed)

https://www.triathlonireland-newserver.com/purchase-odl.html

Edit: Ok on the new site you have to register as a site user (free) to purchase a odl.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Oryx wrote: »
    If youre a member of TI, you dont need a one day licence. It is to cover non members racing TI sanctioned events.

The TI site seems a bit busted, but I found this link: (note the security on it has lapsed)

https://www.triathlonireland-newserver.com/purchase-odl.html

Edit: Ok on the new site you have to register as a site user (free) to purchase a odl.

cheers Oryx, will have a go of that now

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

How much is a one day licence ? Trying to plan races and want to see if it's not worth joining tri Ireland as only two of the races require membership of tri Ireland or a one day licence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I remember looking last year and I'm pretty sure it was 15 euro for a duathlon or 20 for a tri, think it worked out that if you were doing 3 or more races you were better off signing up for the full membership. Nothing on the site yet but I'm nearly 100% of them prices because I remember thinking they had gone up from the previous year.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

think it is €25 this year for a Duathlon, i may be mistaken though.

• Advertisement

ODL is €25 as said above, just got the full race licence to save hassle and a few euros in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Do you need a TI license (Full or One-day) to compete in Duathlons?

I was looking at the Tramore Duathlon in February and was wondering how to sign-up...?

Some such as the series in Naas do require them but others such as Athy series do not. Not sure on Tramore think its run by Waterford tri club maybe bang off a email to them to see if one is required.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

TI sanctioned events require a license, non TI events do not.

edit: so, if on TI calendar, you need one. If not you don't
    http://triathlonireland.com/Events/Race-Calendar/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

€25 now for a duathlon one day license....it couldn't be that could it, the one day license will be more expensive than most races if thats the case

Blank page for their one day license information on their new website so it could be anything I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

One day is €15 for duathlons, €25 for tris
    http://triathlonireland.com/membership/RaceOdl.aspx

You need to be logged in to view.

Advertisement