Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visa for india

• 17-12-2015 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

So I have a particular question regarding an application for an Indian Visa

I am in the process of filling out the online form and I noted in the section Previous Visa/Currently valid Visa Details, I have previously visited Indian before on a tourist visa but that passport has since expired and has been destroyed so I do not have any idea what the visa number is for the section “Last Indian Visa No/Currently valid Indian Visa No. *”

This last trip was done in 2011. So what I am wondering is what should I put in this section for the visa application?

I tried the embassy already but didnt get much help (yet) so in case someone had something like this before any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks
    Toppy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

If you are arriving by plane, with a return or onward flight out of the country, you can now get an Indian e-Visa. This is substantially easier than the regular visa process, and has a much shorter form, so it might not require that info. See https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

I've never had this problem before but I have applied for a lot of visas. My advice would be, if you need the visa, use a visa service like Travisa. Applications through visa services tend to receive less scrutiny, and they will probably be able to advise you on how to deal with this situations.

If you're not too worried about potential complications and you want to save the extra 100 EUR or so that a service like this will cost, I would simply put "NOT AVAILABLE" in that box, and see what happens.

The best visa tip I can give you is, every time you get a new visa, scan it or a take a photo, and email it to yourself. It's invaluable if your passport gets lost or stolen, and avoids situations like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Thanks for that tips about the photo's ill do that from now on,
    My issue really is that i am due to travel at the end of january, I reckon I might try and get up to the embassy just after xmas and take the hit for the extra charge
    (I have tried ringing and emailing every day for the last week and have got no response but thats not suprising when you see the actual visa office! Organised madness would be good explanation of it)

Advertisement