Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixies - 2016 Irish Dates

Options
  • 17-12-2015 1:26pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Aiken Promotions
    Today, PIXIES announced that they will play two dates in Ireland next July, Live at the Marquee Cork on 13 July and Iveagh Gardens Dublin on 14 July 2016. Tickets go on sale this Monday 21 December at 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Blaa Blaa Boy

Is this the original line up. Is Frank Black performing?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is this the original line up. Is Frank Black performing?

He would be, but most likely no Kim Deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Hoping to go to this in Cork but buying tickets is a no-no at the moment for me! Wonder how quickly the tickets will sell out for this - it was a sell out 2 years ago as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I think it will be much closer to the gig to sell out. The pre-christmas ticket blitz has been merciless this year. The promoters have already well and truly turned people upside down and shook them until every penny fell out. Then they announced yet more gigs. People will have to let some sit for a while and these late announcements are the most likely to get that treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Capacity of Iveagh is 5000. Pixies sold out the 2 olympia dates a few years ago, total capacity there would have been about 2500.
    This wont sell out for a good while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Yeah Pixies are not the draw they would have been a few years ago. Their last album was terrible also (imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Their last album was terrible also (imo).
    So?
    We can hang out at the back, drinking wine and chatting, until 'Here Comes Your Man' is played, then bomb to the front. Woohoo!
    #GigSelfie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Capacity of Iveagh is 5000. Pixies sold out the 2 olympia dates a few years ago, total capacity there would have been about 2500.
    This wont sell out for a good while

It sold out pretty quickly after (apart from seatwave :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I was not expecting this to sell out so quickly I am now on the hunt for tickets. The down side I think is the venue, loads of people just wandering around or chatting very loudly during the show, can get really really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

EyesClosed wrote: »
    The down side I think is the venue, loads of people just wandering around or chatting very loudly during the show, can get really really annoying

Yeah, noticed that a couple of years ago. People tend to go just because it's something to do rather than to enjoy the band playing.

• Advertisement

Just checked ticketmaster and got two tickets for this, they seem to be back on sale for anyone looking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I can't understand why the Pixies will not play Electric Picnic for a change, they play loads of other festivals, why not this one.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I can't understand why the Pixies will not play Electric Picnic for a change, they play loads of other festivals, why not this one.

Is it not up to the organiser to book them?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

just got tickets on ticketmaster. the "production tickets" must be on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

that new tune aint bad

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Monzfrey

Have people received their tickets for the Cork gig yet? Getting a tad worried.

Monzfrey wrote: »
    Have people received their tickets for the Cork gig yet? Getting a tad worried.
    if tickets do not arrive you contact ticketmaster and you will usually be told to collect replacements at the box office, you usually bring the credit card which bought it with you, or a photocopy or photo on a phone. The originals are cancelled so if someone turns up first with them they are refused as the barcode detects them.

rubadub wrote: »
    if tickets do not arrive you contact ticketmaster and you will usually be told to collect replacements at the box office, you usually bring the credit card which bought it with you, or a photocopy or photo on a phone. The originals are cancelled so if someone turns up first with them they are refused as the barcode detects them.

I have a different credit card since the order so hopefully that doesn't affect it. Will wait til Monday's post anyway before contacting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Monzfrey wrote: »
    I have a different credit card since the order so hopefully that doesn't affect it. Will wait til Monday's post anyway before contacting them.

They don't usually check the card in my experience, as long as you have the name and address on the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

quick question about the Pixies. Going to the show on Wednesday and wondering about their new album 'Head Carrier' and if you think they will be promoting it? (assume they will). Other than the single 'Um Chagga Lagga' (quite good) are there any other tracks from album out there as would like to hear as much of it that I can before the show.

https://soundcloud.com/pixiesmusic/um-chagga-lagga-1

• Advertisement

They'll be playing three or four of the Head Carrier tunes but besides Um Chagga Lagga none of them are available yet. I've heard the next single Classic Masher played by BF solo and it has the makings of a great song. Think it's due out at the end of the summer.

BailMeOut wrote: »
    quick question about the Pixies. Going to the show on Wednesday and wondering about their new album 'Head Carrier' and if you think they will be promoting it?
    recent setlists
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/pixies-2bd6846a.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Is there usually a pit in the Marquee?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is there usually a pit in the Marquee?

Not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

what time do main acts at Marquee usually start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Slightly before 9. Might be earlier if they're planning on playing a long set.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Slightly before 9. Might be earlier if they're planning on playing a long set.

Stupid question but tickets say doors open at 6 - there's hardly gonna be 2+ hours of support act(s)? I assume if I arrive at 8 I'll be in good shape since the tickets are seated? Can't get there any earlier with work....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Stupid question but tickets say doors open at 6 - there's hardly gonna be 2+ hours of support act(s)? I assume if I arrive at 8 I'll be in good shape since the tickets are seated? Can't get there any earlier with work....

Very same question here. I had that issue before. Doors were billed as 8PM - showed up at 8.40 and the main act were well into their show!

I guess the pixies are not going to start playing at 6pm!

But anyone got idea what time the main act in the iveagh gardens would start at?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

:confused::confused:

They'll likely be on about 9, finished at 10:15-10:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Sky King wrote: »
    I guess the pixies are not going to start playing at 6pm!

But anyone got idea what time the main act in the iveagh gardens would start at?

I'd say probably 8:30 and finish about 10:30 although could be 8 to 10

Advertisement