Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixies - 2016 Irish Dates

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

:confused::confused:

They'll likely be on about 9, finished at 10:15-10:30.

They did 32 songs last night in Brixton in just over 90 minutes.

good reviews too....

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/pixies-brixton-2016-gig-review-tour-a7132621.html

http://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2016/07/12/pixies-at-brixton-academy-live-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

this Thursday @ Iveagh Gardens, Dublin Gates: 6.30pm // Bleeding Heart Pigeons: 7.45pm // Pixies: 9pm

according to twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Monzfrey wrote: »
    Have people received their tickets for the Cork gig yet? Getting a tad worried.

Log in to your account, you probable have to print them out, I was in the same boat and checked the account today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

this Thursday @ Iveagh Gardens, Dublin Gates: 6.30pm // Bleeding Heart Pigeons: 7.45pm // Pixies: 9pm

according to twitter

Thanks for the post.

That was brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

BailMeOut wrote: »
    That was brilliant!

Seconded! Sorry I snobily(it's not the original lineup) passed on them the last 2 years, no messing just 90 mins of non stop excellent music!

And for anyone going in Dublin tonight, they were on stage about 8:45ish (wasn't watching the time) and done about 10:15, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Great to see them last night in Cork. Cracking setlist, a lot of my favourites! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I really hope they put on a good show tonight in the Iveagh gardens.
    I have seen the Pixies about a dozen times over the years. Mostly they have been very good gigs but when they let you down they really let you down.
    Am quietly optimistic that tonight they will be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I just hope they play Hey. They seem to be leaving it out of their shorter sets recently but I'd say they'll play it in a stand alone gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I just hope they play Hey. They seem to be leaving it out of their shorter sets recently but I'd say they'll play it in a stand alone gig.
    They played it last night! :):)

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    They played it last night! :):)

And it was excellent. The whole set list was well paced & hit all expected super hits (Monkey Gone to Heaven, Where is My Mind?, Debaser etc...) I was especially pleased to hear Nimrod's Son.

If the Iveagh Garden's gig tonight is as good as last night, I doubt anyone will be disappointed - the only word of caution is while Paz Lenchantin is a top notch bassist, her vocals aren't fantastic (but they are passable). However that doesn't detract from an overall very strong band performance, in my opinion anyhow.

Anybody surprised with the crowd (or lack of) last night, really enjoyed the gig but crowd seemed well back on the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Tickets still on sale here, just bought one in case anyone is looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Anybody surprised with the crowd (or lack of) last night, really enjoyed the gig but crowd seemed well back on the last time.

I'm guessing that it might be because they've already played here a good few times in the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

pixies on at 8.45 tonight according to twitter

pixies on at 8.45 tonight according to twitter

then 32 songs in 90 minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

NEW STAGE TIMES FOR @PIXIES @ Iveagh Gardens Dublin tonight. Gates 6.30pm // Bleeding Heart Pigeons 7.35 // Pixies 8.45

Revised times for anyone going as per Leagues O'Toole on Twitter.

--

Cork show was top class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Well, the Dublin gig was good, but they only played for an hour and a quarter/half. Gig was over at 10:15. . Lots of the new songs in their short set.

That's all they ever play for, but I'd rather have that then some fecker talking ****e for half the night in slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Winterlong wrote: »
    Well, the Dublin gig was good, but they only played for an hour and a quarter/half. Gig was over at 10:15. . Lots of the new songs in their short set.

They played for an hour and a half. Started bang on 8.45. Finished at 10.15. And around 30 songs. Much better that way than a gig that goes on for 2 hrs, and has filler. I was at Faithless, Sigur Ros, Stone Roses. And they all went on for about 1.5 hours.

I have to admit that I am as casual a fan as could be. Shouldn’t even say “fan”. Only knew about 10 of the songs. I had the greatest hits album back in the day, but never gave it the attention it probably deserved. I remember debaser always used to be in Fannings top 50, and there was debate in collage as to whether or Bossanova was their greatest album.

Anyway, cycled into Iveagh Gardens on spec and picked up a ticket for €30. But great gig. Everyone was so into it up the front. Had a great mosh around, mumbling whatever words I thought were being sung. And there’s something about the Iveagh Gardens that make it feel like an intimate indoor gig.

All the hits really are great live - Caribou, tame, ..man, Monkey…, debaser.

• Advertisement

That's all they ever play for, but I'd rather have that then some fecker talking ****e for half the night in slane.

I agree - I'm there to hear the band play and enjoy the music, not to be plamassed about how they're kinda Irish etc etc....

Great gig. Third time seeing them in recent years and I thought Frank's voice sounded the best last night. The support act were a bit better than I expected too.

My first time in the Iveagh Gardens and I really like it as a venue. Like another poster said, it had a very intimate feel to it which you don't usually get at an outdoor gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Excellent gig last night, as other poster says really good vibes all around, only 1 pissed woman trying to get into the front row and dealt with by security, which is hardly even an incident. My favourite gigs have been at the Iveagh gardens, Iggy Pop, Morrissey, and it was ace to see the Pixies there in the 2nd row. There was no big crush or shoving, really pleasant crowd. No flying bottles thank fook.
    Really impressed by their bass player , she might not be Kim Deal but she still kicks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Sorry i missed this now after the reviews, last memory I have of the Pixies is from the shoddy support gig in Marley a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Really enjoyed last night. great venue , only took minutes to get drinks and there was a good atmosphere in general.
    The sound was good and i enjoyed the set list, really liked some of the new songs.

I didn't think Frank Black's voice was great, sounded like he struggled a bit at the start but once he got warmed up it was okay.

Overall a good gig not as good as when they play the Olympia but still very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

zef wrote: »
    Excellent gig last night, as other poster says really good vibes all around, only 1 pissed woman trying to get into the front row and dealt with by security, which is hardly even an incident. My favourite gigs have been at the Iveagh gardens, Iggy Pop, Morrissey, and it was ace to see the Pixies there in the 2nd row. There was no big crush or shoving, really pleasant crowd. No flying bottles thank fook.
    Really impressed by their bass player , she might not be Kim Deal but she still kicks it.

Was it in Royal Hospital Kilmainham that you saw The Stooges and Morrissey, in June 2008?

What band in Slane talked ****e for half the night?

Was it in Royal Hospital Kilmainham that you saw The Stooges and Morrissey, in June 2008?

What band in Slane talked ****e for half the night?

Just said slane could have been any venue, i pay to listen to music not here them speak, (on the other hand there was a lot of talking at the foo fighters last year at the start).

zef wrote: »

I noticed a few cups been thrown in the air during the night. One even landed on stage. Apart from that, I'd agree that there was a really friendly atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Great gig. Was hoping to hear U-Mass but other than that no complaints. Venue and sound really good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement