Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas donations ( physical donations )

Options
  • 17-12-2015 3:17pm

Not sure if this is the right forum, feel free to move it mods, if better suited somewhere else.

Just wondering if anyone knows anywhere taking physical donations of food and gifts/ toys for Christmas?
    Lots of websites where you can give can virtual gift, but I have a bit of stuff, new things, that might be helpful to someone else.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

St Vincent de Paul are always good, plenty of families who would be delighted with new stuff at this time of year and it's great that what you're giving would stay local. Each area should have its own "branch"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I second the St Vincent de Paul's idea. They really are a great organisation who do so much for the less fortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭kellyshell

I personally would not donate to the St. Vincent de Paul, but that's because I have seen people take advantage of it. the Peter McVery trust are taking donations and are helping to rehouse people this Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Women's aid would be good also. Used to always drops a sack of toys Xmas week when I could afford to. Unfortunately not so much now.

Clothes would also be welcomed as well as selection boxes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

https://www.facebook.com/groups/233999463309486/?fref=ts

Basket Brigade are making hampers this Sunday - food donations needed!

• Advertisement
Advertisement