Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Christmas Sale Dec 22 - Jan 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Doge wrote: »
    Actually guys youre right, the sale is at 6pm, i cant count it seems!

ANs1wUxtr3I2cZc77667i3u9Ks09RuPY2GKtKGpj1g2XlZQ727jwpCKhprmqFo8Bsg=h900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Oi! You there! What day is it?!

December 22nd that's wot and where's me blooming xmas sale eh?!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Oi! You there! What day is it?!

December 22nd that's wot and where's me blooming xmas sale eh?!!!! :mad:

You dont get dessert til after your dinner! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Im hoping for a small discount on skyrim :)
    Its already at a decent price at €15, with the legendary edition at €30
    I never played skyrim on the pc yet(only on console) so hopefully i will get to pick it up.

I might also pick up invisable inc if its cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sirboby wrote: »
    I never played skyrim on the pc yet(only on console) so hopefully i will get to pick it up.

I'd guess at about 7.50 for Skyrim Legendary. It'll definitely go down.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sirboby wrote: »

I think I paid about a tenner for the legendary edition last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Just got my wishlist down to 30 games and I'm sticking to that hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

My wishlist is just shy of 50, but I just kinda use it to keep track of games I'm interested in, not so much want to buy in all cases. Not even sure if I really want much this sale, but we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Will this sale be a similar format to the Thanksgiving one i.e no flash or daily deals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Yes. They flash sales and daily deals are gone now apparently. Kind of kills of the fun of the sales but theres no chance of missing out on deals now at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

wont be long long now, kind of surprising that were no leaks on the sale mentioned yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As Links mentioned previously, these sales can get underwhelming as you utilise other sales to fill up your back cataologue. I'd a couple of big steam sales spending €100-200, so most of the really good deals I probably already own the games.

Coupled with a changed financial situation, probably won't be much I can treat myself to this christmas sale. Then again, who knows what can come up. But I'd say I'll try keep reserved this coming sale.

*Bookmarking this post so I can come back and laugh at myself at the end of the sale

Brace yourselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Or not....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭weisses

That's disappointing .....

• Advertisement

Steam sale cancelled :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Going by the last few years id be surprised if i can even load the steam store for a few hours.

Its there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

GO GO GO GO GO

Nothing immediately jumping out at me anyway. I've decided to keep tabs on the latest football manager, and if that takes a nice discount, I'll grab that. At the moment undiscounted at €54.99. Think I saw it in Smyths for €30 or €40 cant remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Nothing jumping out at me, skyrim for €15? pretty sure I picked that up for €5 at the last Christmas sale.

Happy hunting everyone

Edit: Just dropped again to €7.50 so never mind :-)

That's dissapointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Sale just went live and the steam servers are hurting

Looks they have done away with flash sales again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

So no minigame this time?

I've never played Age of Empires, realised that not in my library. They seem to be going for a few euro. Any recommendations for that series?

Max Payne and Max Payne 2 doing the usual 75% discount, so €2.50 a piece. If its not in your library, make it happen. I picked them up one sale just so I didnt have to go to the effort of installing from a disc :D

EDIT: I see Rome II emperor edition for €13. Heard that game pretty good now thats its fixed. Interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Lads, log off and log back on. Seems the discounts weren't applied properly

e.g. Skyrim is only €3.74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Resident Evil still full price. Guess I'll go with the €8 uPlay offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

372443.PNG

Yep, I'd pick it up for that discount.

Give it time ladies and gents, the proper prices will show, but be patient. Right now Valve's servers are getting smacked down from everyone logging in at once and refreshing to see what's up. Calm your tits!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is Back to the Future the usual Telltale experience?

Think I'll grab State of Decay too; enjoyed it pre-DLC on Xbox so might go again. OH! Been waiting for KOTOR to drop as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

By the way, you get free sale trading cards from exploring your queue on the store front - up to three a day I think. The market is a bit botched along with the rest of the site at the moment, but looks like the cards are still going for ~14c a piece.

SCD.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've never played Age of Empires, realised that not in my library. They seem to be going for a few euro. Any recommendations for that series?

Max Payne and Max Payne 2 doing the usual 75% discount, so €2.50 a piece. If its not in your library, make it happen. I picked them up one sale just so I didnt have to go to the effort of installing from a disc :D

EDIT: I see Rome II emperor edition for €13. Heard that game pretty good now thats its fixed. Interesting

AoE 2 is still quite popular, haven't heard great things about 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Links234 wrote: »
    Give it time ladies and gents, the proper prices will show, but be patient. Right now Valve's servers are getting smacked down from everyone logging in at once and refreshing to see what's up. Calm your tits!

You think they could spend a few more quid to boost their setup during sales. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I have no idea what I own or don't. It's just clicking and seeing if it tells me if its in my library.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not quite a tenner but Ori down to 12 and Undertale 8. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Have loads of games not updated because there should be "thousands of games in the winter sale" but it only says 150 specials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

chrislad wrote: »
    I'd guess at about 7.50 for Skyrim Legendary. It'll definitely go down.

Nailed it. :)

Just realised the "Bargain Alerts" thread was the wrong place to be in for this! I'm pretty underwhelmed by the sale so far.....

I'm still getting errors, this is madness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

TheDoc wrote: »
    Nothing immediately jumping out at me anyway. I've decided to keep tabs on the latest football manager, and if that takes a nice discount, I'll grab that. At the moment undiscounted at €54.99. Think I saw it in Smyths for €30 or €40 cant remember

Remember seeing it in Smyths for 30 at the weekend

Hmm, was gonna get Valkyria Chronicles for my girlfriend, and it's currently 66% off, but when I got it during the summer it was 75% off. :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Can anyone access their Wishlist?

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Can anyone access their Wishlist?

I can, but others have had issues with it apparently.

I want to leave it for a couple of hours so it is fixed but I'm also so frickin eager to buy some games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

If Wolfenstein Old Blood goes below €9.99 someone please PM me :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

1huge1 wrote: »
    If Wolfenstein Old Blood goes below €9.99 someone please PM me :-)

It's 9.99 on greenmangaming now. There is also a 20% off voucher floating about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

very underwhelming sale. Nothing Im even tempted by.
    Maybe Civ Beyond Earth for 16 bujt Im a bit meh about it.

Anyone played much of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

They've changed the sales so much lately that I can't tell (plus using app) - are they still doing daily deals (so prices could go down more) or are these the prices for the whole sale?

Just picked up the Talos Principle for €5 with a coupon :D

Vojera wrote: »
    They've changed the sales so much lately that I can't tell (plus using app) - are they still doing daily deals (so prices could go down more) or are these the prices for the whole sale?

There are no more flash or daily deals, the prices are what they are for the whole sale. However, they'll highlight different things on the front page each day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement