Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Christmas Sale Dec 22 - Jan 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Torn between starting FFXIV or EVE Online. :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

FFXIV is in the Humble Bundle at the moment. Think it comes with a months subscription as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Torn between starting FFXIV or EVE Online. :\

Definitely FFXIV since it's in the current humble bundle i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Got dishonored, meant to be great. Less than four euro so worth it I'm sure.

I prefer to run my games and transactions through steam. So no humble bundle for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I prefer to run my games and transactions through steam. So no humble bundle for me.

Humble Bundle give you Steam keys, so you'll be running your games through Steam. Don't worry.

Links234 wrote: »
    Humble Bundle give you Steam keys, so you'll be running your games through Steam. Don't worry.

Doesn't seem like it unfortunately.
    https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/215857787-Humble-Square-Enix-Bundle-3-Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Key-Redemption-Instructions

Ah yes, that was the same with the Square Enix Mystery Box. Poop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I swear to god links, you need to be banned from posting up what your interested in each steam sale. Everytime you post them up i end up buying more than i wanted.

That hardwest game looks brilliant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

That's my Christmas shopping done (Greenman gaming) :P
    Your Order
    XCOM 2: Digital Deluxe PC Download | This is a Steam game more info
    Release date: February 05, 2016
    64.99 €

20% OFF Voucher
    XMAS20-PERGMG-SVINGS
    − 12.99 €

Total paid 52.00 €

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Star Wars Bundle
    Dead Island Bundle
    Saints Row 4 GOTY
    Boarderlands 2 GOTY
    Political Machine 2016
    Back to the Future Telltale game
    State of Decay Year One Edition

29 games for €65, same as a single Xbox game. Should keep me going for a while, even if a lot of them are **** Star Wars games :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At work so can't look, but is the Star Wars bundle the same as the Star Wars Humble Bundle that was on a while back? KOTOR, Jedi Outcast, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Andrew76 wrote: »
    So you're giving out because they're saving you from wasting money? :P

It seems counter intuitive, but yeah, a bit :o

I've definitely bought games in the sale where I could have at least waited to buy, if not done without, but I've also discovered some gems thanks to this thread and the excitement of the sale. One example is Mark of the Ninja. I probably wouldn't have bought that if it wasn't for Sasquatch in one of the other sale threads and it's a fantastic game. And thanks to that I discovered the Shank games and I hope to pick up Invisible Inc on the back of those games (same developer).

I don't browse outside my wishlist very often because I play on an old laptop and barely have time to play games, but the daily deals and flash sales were a great way for me to discover new games and the discounts were usually good enough to tempt me to try them. It's not the same going through my discovery queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CastorTroy wrote: »
    At work so can't look, but is the Star Wars bundle the same as the Star Wars Humble Bundle that was on a while back? KOTOR, Jedi Outcast, etc.

Items included in this bundle
    -70%
    5,99€
    1,79€
    STAR WARS™ - Dark Forces
    Star Wars, FPS, Action, Classic
    IN LIBRARY
    -70%
    9,99€
    2,99€
    STAR WARS™ - Knights of the Old Republic™
    RPG, Star Wars, Sci-fi, Classic
    IN LIBRARY
    -70%
    19,99€
    5,99€
    STAR WARS™ - The Force Unleashed™ II
    Action, Star Wars, Adventure, Third Person
    IN LIBRARY
    -70%
    19,99€
    5,99€
    STAR WARS™ - The Force Unleashed™ Ultimate Sith Edition
    Action, Star Wars, Third Person, Sci-fi
    IN LIBRARY

STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II
    Star Wars, Action, Multiplayer, Third-Person Shooter
    IN LIBRARY
    -70%
    19,99€
    5,99€
    STAR WARS™ Empire at War - Gold Pack
    Strategy, Star Wars, RTS, Sci-fi
    IN LIBRARY
    -70%
    5,99€
    1,79€
    STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II
    Action, Star Wars, FPS, Sci-fi
    IN LIBRARY
    -70%
    9,99€
    2,99€
    STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy™
    Star Wars, Action, Sci-fi, Multiplayer
    IN LIBRARY
    -70%
    2,99€
    0,89€
    STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith™
    Action, Star Wars, Sci-fi, FPS
    IN LIBRARY
    -70%
    9,99€
    2,99€
    STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast™
    Action, Star Wars, Classic, Sci-fi
    IN LIBRARY
    -70%
    9,99€
    2,99€
    STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II - The Sith Lords™
    RPG, Star Wars, Sci-fi, Story Rich
    IN LIBRARY

STAR WARS™ Republic Commando™
    Star Wars, Action, FPS, Tactical
    IN LIBRARY

STAR WARS™ Starfighter™
    Action, Simulation, Star Wars, Space
    IN LIBRARY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Dair76 wrote: »
    This is supposed to be everything that's on sale. You can sort it by name, price, release date etc.

wow, so many games at €.14c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Just grabbed The Witcher 3 for €29.99. Will possibly be my only purchase of the sale, but that's easy to say now!

Do I need to download all of the different free DLC via Steam after the full game is downloaded and installed, or is this done automatically within the game itself?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Anyone have Planetary Annihilation: TITANS? I know there was a lot of fuss about the original game etc but the price on this looks great. I think most of the bad comments on this are from those who paid full price for the base game and now feel shafted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Grabbing Her Story for 3.59 and The Music Machine for 1.49, had my eyes on them for a good while. Will be poking around a good while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

chrislad wrote: »
    Items included in this bundle

Yep, same content as the humble bundle. I just didn't get the Mysteries of the Sith expansion

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

i heared good things about this war of mine, its 6.45, i might pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

man, got bored with the long dark already - think i'll wait til the story mode is in it because i've no clue wtf i'm actually doing or supposed to be doing other than keeping myself alive in it

That's pretty much all there is to it right now. It's still not a bad game if you like survival, but there's not a massive amount to it. I really like the art style mind you and it does come across sound and graphics wise very bleak (that's a positive) but it does need more gameplay to really stand out.
    Drexel wrote: »
    Maybe Civ Beyond Earth for 16 bujt Im a bit meh about it.

Anyone played much of it?
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Its terrible.

Ah, it's not terrible. It's no Civ 5, but then again what is?

I personally would say it's worth 16e, but that's me. I still quite enjoy it - just not in the same space as Civ 5.

ionapaul wrote: »
    Just grabbed The Witcher 3 for €29.99. Will possibly be my only purchase of the sale, but that's easy to say now!

Do I need to download all of the different free DLC via Steam after the full game is downloaded and installed, or is this done automatically within the game itself?

Yes you have to add them after the game has installed. They arent automatically included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Got tales of the border lands, considering star drive 2 its a 4x kinda space game anyone played it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Dair76 wrote: »
    This is supposed to be everything that's on sale. You can sort it by name, price, release date etc.

Make sure that you are running the enhanced Steam extension and you will be able to see which games you own already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

ElNino wrote: »
    Make sure that you are running the enhanced Steam extension and you will be able to see which games you own already.

Yeah, it's a great little tool!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ElNino wrote: »

Thanks for mentioning that! Was looking at the above link earlier wondering why on earth I couldn't just scroll down the entire list rather than going through 200+ pages - now I can. Awesome! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Went with Endless Legend. Civ V is wearing thin on me and wanted a more fantasy/ diverse army game..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

sirboby wrote: »
    i heared good things about this war of mine, its 6.45, i might pick it up.

I thought it was an excellent game. Very addictive but also very bleak. I also think that half the money spent on it goes to a child of war charity which is pretty cool. At that price I'd be surprised if you don't get your moneys worth.

So, a few recommendations to throw your way guys.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - €4.99
    The game is just incredible fun, amazing boss battles and the soundtrack is one of the best ever!

Infested Planet - €4.94
    It's been cheaper, but for what is a fantastic indie strategy game that's very, very inspired by Starship Troopers, you can't go wrong. Kill hordes of alien bugs by the thousands!

Darkest Dungeon - €9.99
    One of the only games on Early Access I've ever bought (the other being Besiege - €5.59 which I also highly recommend), a dark turn based RPG where you not only must deal with the horrors in the dungeons you explore, but must also manage the stress levels of your heroes, as encounters take a toll on their psyche. It is a downright phenominal game, and I'd highly recommend it.

Bastion - €3.74 and Dust: An Elysian Tale - €2.79
    I always recommend these two games together, because they are hands down some of the most charming games I've ever played. If you don't own them, you should snap them up.

Also...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Thanks for all the recommendations :)
    Grabbing Her Story for 3.59 and The Music Machine for 1.49, had my eyes on them for a good while. Will be poking around a good while yet.

The Music Machine is alright, kind of like one of those Connor Sherlock walking simulator games, but with a bit of a puzzle element. Not particularly fond of that style, but it's ok.

Her Story seems quite good, only played a few minutes so far.

The Fall is another game I have my eye on.

Damnit, I'm spending too much time browsing through Steam rather than actually playing any games. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

South Park: Stick of truth down to €7.50 now. It was definitely showing at 29.99 when I checked at 9 pm last night.

Jayd0g wrote: »
    South Park: Stick of truth down to €7.50 now. It was definitely showing at 29.99 when I checked at 9 pm last night.

Apparently this is because of Ubisoft dicking about, they only added some games to the sale today, and if you look at when the offer ends, Stick of Truth ends on the 26th, when the rest of the sale ends on the 4th of Jan. I think they want to try and get more people to buy though Uplay.

underrail is good it's like fallout 1/2 so far graphics arent great but it's got some nice rpg stuff and character creation stat, feats and skills type stuff going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Apparently this is because of Ubisoft dicking about, they only added some games to the sale today, and if you look at when the offer ends, Stick of Truth ends on the 26th, when the rest of the sale ends on the 4th of Jan. I think they want to try and get more people to buy though Uplay.

It's also the same price as drops in previous sales across steam,gog etc. So no great savings this time.

• Advertisement

caved in to another €7.50 sale, it's been on my wishlist for a while

Ultimate General: Gettysburg

Picked up Undertale and After Dark DLC for Cities Skylines. Still have a few quid left to spend though for the first time in a steam sale im stumped on what to spend it on. Got a lot on my wishlist but dont really want to buy anything i wont play soon.

Well, I didn't make any purchases so far, but a friend was a cheeky bugger and bought me Hard West! :D

Got him Ori and the Blind Forest in return. So there it is, first purchase of the sale. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is Kerbal Space Program likely to drop below the current €23.99 (-40%)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Myrddin wrote: »

Think the prices are set for the whole sale.

I'm pretty sure I got that for about 17 a couple of weeks ago tbh

• Advertisement

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines yoink always hear people talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines yoink always hear people talking about it.

install the unofficial patch for improvements and restored content
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/2600/discussions/0/540740501569512130/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Myrddin wrote: »

Its under 11 quid on kinguin

http://www.kinguin.net/product/109489/kerbal-space-program-steam-cd-key/

So for me i got
    Age of Empires 3 complete edition
    Underrail great crpg really enjoying it
    Tales from the borderlands
    Vampire mascaraed
    war for the overworld
    anddddddddddd thats it no more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bought verdun, did'nt realise it had no single player mode :/

refund?

Its still a great multiplayer game where teamwork is essential. Though you need a lot of patience as you will die a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Well, I didn't make any purchases so far, but a friend was a cheeky bugger and bought me Hard West! :D

Got him Ori and the Blind Forest in return. So there it is, first purchase of the sale. ;)

Ori is a brilliant game just playing it on the xboxone and love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Anyone have any RTS recommendations that aren't Grey Goo, Age of Empires, Dawn of War or Homeworld (I own them already)?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gbear wrote: »
    Anyone have any RTS recommendations that aren't Grey Goo, Age of Empires, Dawn of War or Homeworld (I own them already)?
    C&C (older games should be dirt cheap), Atom Zombie Smasher, Satellite Reign and while not real time still very much strategy X-Com.

• Advertisement
Advertisement