Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android TV (Sony?)

• 17-12-2015 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm in the market for a new TV after Xmas and I want one with an Android OS. I presume if it has Android I can just download Kodi from the app store on it.

I know Sony do them as my sister just bought one. Do any other manufacturers use Android?

Its been many years since I went TV shopping and it has all changed since I last bought. 4k seems to be the rage but I read a lot of people complaining about the lack of 4k content. Then there is Ultra HD, Curved or Not Curved, Smart (I presume you cannot get smarter than Android :) )

I am looking for > 48". 55" to 60" would be fantastic. I also want built in Saorview and Freeview receivers (I think this is fairly standard now).

If anyone has any recommendations on what to get or where I might get a good deal I would really appreciate it

Stiofain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

You might be better , buying an Android box, which connects to any TV, can do much more with these boxes

Google Minix XH Plus for example

Advertisement