Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jose Mourinho Sacked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Ormus wrote: »
    Why do you think it was that? They were playing muck before the Eva situation reared its head.

Didn't it happen on August 8th??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd say there's close enough to zero chance of him managing United

The starts aligned for him to replace Fergie and it didn't happen so I really doubt it ever will

All in all I'd still have him as the best active manager in football, he will never be short of job offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Bullied her? He was her boss. I've been working for a long time. I've had a few different bosses scold me when they thought I didn't do something right. It does happen...it's demoralizing for sure but why would you consider it bullying?

Yes, but he was in the wrong. The medical team were summoned to the pitch by the referee so they must go on. As medical professionals they have a duty of care. Not so much Mourinho getting upset which was wrong. His pre match comments which were wrong. But when his temper settled he did nothing to solve the situation in the aftermath. What could he have done ? apologise and people would have thought a bit more of him.. a hell of a lot more of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I can't believe anyone is still talking about that absolute **** show with the doctor. The plan in the summer was apparently to replace the medical staff...his mistake was not just getting that done in July if that was the intention all along

Rezident wrote: »
    Good for football. The success really did turn him into a horrible, megalomaniac. What he did to Eva Caneiro was nasty. He's really turned into a nasty piece of work, like when he jabbed Tito (RIP) in the eye. Mourinho is a scumbag who got away with it for years because he was successful at his job. Looks like even his own team finally couldn't stand him anymore. I honestly believe that man would do almost anything to win.

Some of the great managers were pretty nasty, from Clough who just loved himself and his image to Ferguson forcing players to engage his own son as agent and suing over a gift and driving a rift into the club to the pint where the owners sold to the Glazers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Rubbish. She was bullied, harassed and victimised by Mourinho for doing her job. What option was she left with? The club endorsed Mourinho's bullying by removing her from her match day duties, you can't expect anyone in that position just to put up and shut up.

The club also endorsed John Terry's racism by continuing to have him as the club captain despite calling a fellow professional a "f*cking black c*nt".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There is no doubting jose is a toxic personality but when is roman going to stop bowing to player power. Manager after manager sacked as soon as they hit a few rocks, off the players go whispering to roman.

It's all too rife at chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

rob316 wrote: »
    There is no doubting jose is a toxic personality but when is roman going to stop bowing to player power. Manager after manager sacked as soon as they hit a few rocks, off the players go whispering to roman.

It's all too rife at chelsea.

What alternative approach would you have suggested here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Clear them all out would have been one approach. I'd buy Hazard's Easyjet ticket to Madrid myself and drive him to the ****in airport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

CSF wrote: »
    What alternative approach would you have suggested here?

He was 2 weeks away from the window opening and making some changes.
    Yesterday then weren't going to make top 4 and they weren't going to relegated, it's the same scenario today with him gone only they are without the best manager in the world.

I'm no fan of mourinho but they are a weaker chelsea without him leading them there is no doubt.

I enjoyed him struggling I really did but I steel feel this decision was a little hasty. If roman backed jose in January chelsea could of had a strong second half to the season and built towards another title challenge next season.

The way ancelotti was shoved out after winning the double was a disgrace. More dressing room mutiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'd have considered him one of the best managers of all time but it was the right decision.

A few months break will do him good and then start again next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

rob316 wrote: »
    He was 2 weeks away from the window opening and making some changes.
    Yesterday then weren't going to make top 4 and they weren't going to relegated, it's the same scenario today with him gone only they are without the best manager in the world.

I'm no fan of mourinho but they are a weaker chelsea without him leading them there is no doubt.

I enjoyed him struggling I really did but I steel feel this decision was a little hasty. If roman backed jose in January chelsea could of had a strong second half to the season and built towards another title challenge next season.

The way ancelotti was shoved out after winning the double was a disgrace. More dressing room mutiny.
    By the sounds of it would have required a massive shakeup. Dunno if that's worth it when it seems to be the manager with the issue and not the players.

I don't think Mourinho and Ancelotti comparisons are comparable. I'm not saying there are not cliques in that dressing room and other managers have suffered the brunt of that but Mourinho is the victim of his own insecure behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bullied her? He was her boss. I've been working for a long time. I've had a few different bosses scold me when they thought I didn't do something right. It does happen...it's demoralizing for sure but why would you consider it bullying?

What did she do wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

Wenger has been in charge of Arsenal for 7016 days. All other managers in the Premier League combined add to a total of 7586, mad.

He's Arsenal's Brian Cody :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Strumms wrote: »
    For all his success we know he lost the dressing room at Inter
    He did? Other than Balotelli, who else did he fall out with there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He fell out with the Italian media alright, but the players? I can still vividly remember the image of Materazzi blubbering hugging him

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

He wasn't her boss. She is a medical professional, he was the Chelsea manager. The official in charge of the game brought an on field issue to her attention and she acted in the correct manner, given her role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Dunphy was on today fm and mentioned something happened at Chelsea that he can't say on air, anyone know what it's meant to be?

dinneenp wrote: »
    Dunphy was on today fm and mentioned something happened at Chelsea that he can't say on air, anyone know what it's meant to be?

Dunphy walked in, explained in great detail to the squad how and why Mourinho is a spoofer. Jose never recovered from it tbh

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Dont think Mourinho fell out with anyone at Inter apart from Balotell. He fell out with the media alright but no one at the club. Inter were very disappointed to see him leave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

kksaints wrote: »
    Dont think Mourinho fell out with anyone at Inter apart from Balotell. He fell out with the media alright but no one at the club. Inter were very disappointed to see him leave.

He left Porto on good terms too, iirc. Agree wrt Inter. Everyone falls out with Mario, so I wouldn't hold that against JM. I think he realised that he couldn't take Inter any further after winning the CL with them, so he moved on while he was on top. That team peaked at that point and they fell apart after he left, as we all know.

There was no better way to leave Inter, it was perfect for him. Won a treble and left a hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I see, and did those bosses scold you publicly on national television? (wrongly as it happens)

Despite carrying out her duties to the letter, she was made a fool of by him in the media and was then effectively demoted, once again after doing nothing wrong. Don't even mention the fact that she very simply said 'thanks for your support' to the public because that is not grounds for any of the resulting penalties.

He was way out of line, and instead of apologizing when she had clearly not done anything wrong (having been indicated onto the field by the referee - after another doctor had already gone on), he doubled down and made things significantly worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Australian FA on twitter have congratulated Gus Hiddink on getting the job at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Some of the great managers were pretty nasty, from Clough who just loved himself and his image to Ferguson forcing players to engage his own son as agent and suing over a gift and driving a rift into the club to the pint where the owners sold to the Glazers.

Good point. The very top managers rarely ever are free of friction between them and players at points in their career, the difference between them and others is that usually they can justify the ends by the means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Berserker wrote: »
    He wasn't her boss. She is a medical professional, he was the Chelsea manager. The official in charge of the game brought an on field issue to her attention and she acted in the correct manner, given her role.

If he wasn't her boss why then did he fire her? And why did the club e.g. Buck allow him to fire her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He's even making everyone here fall out. He's caused a split in the Boards...can't ye see what he's doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

dinneenp wrote: »

Tony Cascarino was on The Last Word and said during a training match on Wednesday between the seniors and under 20s(I think) there was a bad challenge involving Fabregas which led to a complete free for all.

Dunphy sounds like one of those idiots on Facebook "I have really big news but I can't say what it is"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Time for agent Pedro to return:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There will be ugly scenes at the bridge tomorrow if there is a sudden transformation in the performance of the players

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There will be ugly scenes at the bridge tomorrow if there is a sudden transformation in the performance of the players

It will be a lot worse if they don't perform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'd say a lot of fans (like myself) are pretty pissed with the players regardless of what happens in the next match.

A sudden turnaround doesn't excuse their amateurish behavior so far this season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It will be a lot worse if they don't perform

Preform and it makes it clear they were sandbagging Jose.
    Don't preform and it makes it clear Jose wasn't the issue.

Either way, they look bad tbh.

He's even making everyone here fall out. He's caused a split in the Boards...can't ye see what he's doing?

He's just deflecting.

It'll galvanise the soccer forum and we'll come out stronger in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

RoboKlopp wrote: »

C'mon lads (and lassies) ... we can push for the Champions League Final of football forums !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I have no grá for Mourinho at all but I will be forever grateful to him for putting a halt to the Brendan Rodgers train that Sunday afternoon in Anfield. I shudder to think of what might have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Good riddance to the Special One. He is a talented but spiteful, bitter and self-serving man, I won't miss him.

I have no grá for Mourinho at all but I will be forever grateful to him for putting a halt to the Brendan Rodgers train that Sunday afternoon in Anfield. I shudder to think of what might have been.

Ah, he'll be back. He won't be able to keep away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its not the Utd fans that would appoint him though.
    I don't think the Board fancy him or else he would have got it before now.

After Moyes and LVG they might have changed their minds. :D
    monkey9 wrote: »
    It's Alan Pardew's time to shine. Come on Roman, you know you want to.

Too much of a danger that himself and Terry would be hitting on the same wife/girlfriend ;)
    He's just deflecting.

Nah all that has to happen is someone turn it into a united vs pool thingy and away we go....

What did I just say.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Ah, he'll be back. He won't be able to keep away :)

So long as it's not at United I don't care where he goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Trending now ..... Gus Hiddink to take over.

Very trending now......:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I wonder is the rumour of him turning down the £40m severance package true, apparently he has told Chelsea to use it instead to rebuild the club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Corholio wrote: »
    I wonder is the rumour of him turning down the £40m severance package true, apparently he has told Chelsea to use it instead to rebuild the club.

Would imagine such an offer probably had some sort of no compete clause that would have stopped him getting back into management quickly so maybe he turned it down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Wasn't his severance package limited to £9m, from a few news sites iirc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

CSF wrote: »
    By the sounds of it would have required a massive shakeup. Dunno if that's worth it when it seems to be the manager with the issue and not the players.

I don't think Mourinho and Ancelotti comparisons are comparable. I'm not saying there are not cliques in that dressing room and other managers have suffered the brunt of that but Mourinho is the victim of his own insecure behaviour.

How is Mourinho insecure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

How is Mourinho insecure?

Constant drive to be the best while taking everyone around you down a peg or two = deep insecurity. The man has issues.

It makes him a winner though.

But it doesn't make him happy because he really just wants a hug from him mam or his dad to kick a ball with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Glad to see him go.

Most arrogant flukiest manager alive.

Only goes and picks a club who are already a TOP side with lots of money to burn and as soon as the going gets tough he jumps ship.

He has such an awful attitude and which he never manages again in this country personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Not true, differently clubs have different aspiration. If Leicester don't win the league is Raneri a failure? Hardly.

Comparing all clubs and saying '' they fail if they don't win'' is such a black and white way to see it.

arsenals aspirations is to get top 4 and stay within reach of the top sides whilst paying for a new stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Genuinely hope we never see him the the PL again. The man is pure poison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Future Urban Myth if I ever smelt one ..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement