Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate Plea for Help

Options
  • 17-12-2015 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am writing on behalf of my 84 year old mother. She recently moved house and arranged to continue her phone service with Eir. She has been a customer of theirs for I would say 50 plus years. She has always paid with direct debit. 

When making the arrangements to change her account address I asked what it would cost to have free calls to the UK where her other daughter lives and agreed to go ahead with this. She has since got a bill for €270 which includes (apparently €72 from her address in Killiney where she had a direct debit in force) and €86 of calls to the UK. 

I have made 4 calls to Eir Customer Service. All perfectly civil people but I am unable to get any resolution to my mother's incorrect bill. I was told that I would be called back on 3 separate occasions - without any result. On Monday I was told my mother was due for disconnection this week. This deadline was I was told extended to 29 December. 

However, my mother received a call today from the billing department of Eir threatening her. She rang me distraught. She has never not paid a bill in her life, but I have been told by Eir representatives that making a partial payment is of no use and she is not going to pay the disputed amount. 

I have repeatedly asked to speak to a manager or to be given a manager's email, but this is not possible. 

Is there any customer service available from Eir?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

dclink57 wrote: »
    I am writing on behalf of my 84 year old mother. She recently moved house and arranged to continue her phone service with Eir. She has been a customer of theirs for I would say 50 plus years. She has always paid with direct debit. 

When making the arrangements to change her account address I asked what it would cost to have free calls to the UK where her other daughter lives and agreed to go ahead with this. She has since got a bill for €270 which includes (apparently €72 from her address in Killiney where she had a direct debit in force) and €86 of calls to the UK. 

I have made 4 calls to Eir Customer Service. All perfectly civil people but I am unable to get any resolution to my mother's incorrect bill. I was told that I would be called back on 3 separate occasions - without any result. On Monday I was told my mother was due for disconnection this week. This deadline was I was told extended to 29 December. 

However, my mother received a call today from the billing department of Eir threatening her. She rang me distraught. She has never not paid a bill in her life, but I have been told by Eir representatives that making a partial payment is of no use and she is not going to pay the disputed amount. 

I have repeatedly asked to speak to a manager or to be given a manager's email, but this is not possible. 

Is there any customer service available from Eir?
    Hi dclink57

If you could please PM me your mothers account/land line number I will look in to this further for her.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement