Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where will chelsea finish?

• 17-12-2015 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Personally I think Chelsea were made champions by Mourinho's talent and were always a top striker away from a creditable defence of the trophy.

The fact that chelsea lost 23 million sterling this year despite winning 2 trophies & buying very few players suggests there are sestemic problems with either the club's wages system or that the club itself is too small to be able to become a constant fixture on the European scene.

Therefore I think Chelsea will finish about 9th with Loic Remy taking the CF role from Costa and Hazard finding better form but apart from that I'm not sure I see any other players showing vast improvement to their present level.

What do you think and why?

Where will chelsea finish? 84 votes

Top 4
    0% 0 votes
    Top 8
    3% 3 votes
    Top Half
    45% 38 votes
    Bottom half
    36% 31 votes
    Relegated
    14% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

To reach 70 points (fairly certain top 4 place this season) needs 2.5 PPG from here on

To finish in a Europa League spot (assuming 5th and 6th do it) would need about 60 points or 2.05 PPG from here on

They are currently on 0.95 PPG so top half and no Europe for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

9th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I reckon 10th - 13th.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Top 8 from those choices, probably top 6

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Top half.

Depending on who they bring in for a non caretaker role next year they should challenge again especially when you consider they will probably not have Europe to worry about and as a result a rested squad where they can play their first 11 most weeks (injuries permitting).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Hopefully out of the Europa league spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

7th or 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Probably league winners, most likely sneak 3rd place.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The good thing for Chelsea is the points difference between a top 7/8 and where they are is not that much as the other teams have not exactly being great either, just more pronounced with Chelsea being champions and losing far more than what others are losing.
    If they get a manager in who does the job for them and get them functioning like a team, then top 8, if not somewhere mid table.

We have transfer season near upon us too, so a lot can change for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Top 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

last hopefully

They'll improve now once the toxicity has left the building

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I'd expect Guus will lead them too 8th in the table and no higher.

top 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

At home to Leicester.

Advertisement