Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Meadows, Hollyhill, Cork

Options
  • 17-12-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I am looking at moving to the Meadows, Hollhill. I have seen a number of Threads with varying descriptions of the area. A lot of these are quite old and refer to old issues.

It is a big estate, where I thinking of moving to is Meadow Grove - it seems very quite.

It is a 3 bed house for €1200 per month - is this average rent for this area ?
    Many thanks for you assistance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

For that money I'd imagine you'd get a house in a much nicer area.

Seems very expensive for Knocknaheeny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

€1200 a month for Knocknaheeny? No chance at all.

The houses are nice and it can be a good area during the day, but night times in the whole are terrible. I'd avoid it, and I grew up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

€1200 may be expensive but I see nothing on daft to compare it to - what should I expect to pay for a 3 bed in this estate ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

steer well clear of that ****hole , 1200 a month will get you way better elsewhere . i understand there is a huge shortage of rental properties all around the city but that place is a nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

harry999 wrote: »
    €1200 may be expensive but I see nothing on daft to compare it to - what should I expect to pay for a 3 bed in this estate ? Thanks

Does it have to be that estate?
    Popping in a max rent of €1200 a month and 3 bed min brings up some nice places on both sides of the city.
    Are you going to be working up in Hollyhill?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Yes working in apple - so the meadows ideal location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Fair enough then, My buddy and his missus live in there and he has no complaints, I have to say I wouldn't fancy it myself, though that's just being a bit snoby.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

That is fair enough but i would only repeat what others have said, i grew up around that area and the fairhill area. Now in fairness back in those days the place was full of lunatics and was a dangerous place to be at night.

It could have changed though. In saying that I'm in a 3 bedroom house in Cobh and I'm paying €700 a month. €1200 for a house in hollyhill, not a chance i would pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

If you want to live close to Apple I'd look for places in the city centre/Sunday's Well/Cathedral Road/Shanakiel. Hollyhill can be rough, and no way would I pay that much rent for a house there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement