Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android app Pink envelope at the bottom right hand screen

Options
  • 17-12-2015 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

I've just started learning how to build Android apps in Android studio but when I run them there always an envelope in a pink circle at the bottom right of the screen of the app.
    How do I get rid of it?
    It doesn't even do anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Its called a FloatingActionButton - http://developer.android.com/reference/android/support/design/widget/FloatingActionButton.html

I'm assuming it doesn't do anything because you have selected a default template that gives you the UI for free but doesn't actually implement any action on it.

If so you need to go back to basics and not use any of the templates, pick a blank activity and learn by building your own UI up from that. It will stand to you much more than hacking your way through a template you don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭rock22

Its called a FloatingActionButton - http://developer.android.com/reference/android/support/design/widget/FloatingActionButton.html

I'm assuming it doesn't do anything because you have selected a default template that gives you the UI for free but doesn't actually implement any action on it.

If so you need to go back to basics and not use any of the templates, pick a blank activity and learn by building your own UI up from that. It will stand to you much more than hacking your way through a template you don't understand.

Would agree with this advice. However if you select a 'Blank template' in Android Studio 1.5 it actually insets this button. Instead use the Empty Template, which is truly blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I managed to find it and delete it shortly after I posted here but cheers guys will do as you said.

Advertisement