Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBnet in Quin?

• 17-12-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have any experience of BBnet in quin? if so how do you find it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

I have BBnet for years now, though not in Quin and I'm very happy with them.
    The Broadband is fine and the best is the customer service. There are real people (not some outsourced call center) who actually help and know how to do it.

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Irlanski

peppee1 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Does anyone have any experience of BBnet in quin? if so how do you find it?

Cheers

I live in Quin, Tulla Road direction. Had Ripplecom for years - a disaster! Got BBnet last week and consistently have 8.5 Mbps. I have a friend (also in Quin - near Malachys) who has used BBnet for 3 years now and only has good things to say about the service.

Recently there has been a second transmitting location installed, in either Ballykilty or Ballyhannon - I think Ballyhannon so that gives more options as your reciever must be able to "see" the transmitter on a direct "line of sight". The other transmitting station is the new estate in Arbutus.

They won't install if they cannot get a full quality signal to you.

My positive recommendation ... go for it!

Irlanski

• Registered Users Posts: 28 peppee1

Thanks folks I'll give them a go.

I have Ripplecom myself and the connection is constantly dropping. Also their customer care/tech support is shocking to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Have BBnet myself just outside Clarecastle can recommend with everyone else here that they are genuine and provide a very good service. Personally i replaced their router for my own. As said they only install the service if its possible to get near 100% service. Saves them the hassle. They mainly do only Direct debit but you can pay over the phone which requires 3 months worth of payments in advance.

Advertisement