Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psu help

Options
  • 17-12-2015 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi im in the middle of assembling my first pc, and someone in my house is worried that because i got my parts from germany the power coming out of our wall sockets wont be right for the psu/build

Does this matter and if so what can be done to fix it?
    i cant find anything on the internet on this...

Also the psu came only with a 2 prong soket to connect it to the wall, i have a spare cable that seems exactly the same bar the connection to the wall(10A 250V~)

should i get an adapter for the german cable or just use the one i have?

BTW: i have a Corsair 550w non-modular

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Same voltage, you can either plop a UK top pin into the socket while you plug the rest in or you can buy a "converter" in either Dunnes or anywhere and put the two pin into those sockets for an easy fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

thanks i just booted it up there now, installing windows as we speak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Dvraiz

Yeah, I've been using a 2 pin one for 4 years and just ordered another 2 pin one for my new build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

I popped in to a local hardware store and just bought a kettle lead for about 5 euro. It seems to do the job and works out around the same price as a converter.

Advertisement