Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight on the 23rd at 8pm, what time should i be at the airport?

Options
  • 17-12-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭

Im asking as it will probably be jammers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Go now!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Half five to give yourself a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Where are you going, which airline and will you have check-in luggage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

dudara wrote: »
    Where are you going, which airline and will you have check-in luggage?

Aer lingus, cabin baggage only and a priority security pass

• Registered Users Posts: 25,429 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It's going to be **** busy. The recommended is two hours. If you are checking in luggage I wouldn't chance any later.. Security Q will be busy, if its Ryanair you will have about a 15 minute walk to your gate after you even clear.. get there early and get the unpleasant s*it out of the way and relax with a coffee or a pint and be in plenty of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Terminal 2 then, and it's less of a walk after security. You can check in via a machine and you don;t have to queue at bag-drop. Be in the airport 90 mins before and you'll be fine.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

With a priority security pass and no baggage then be there for 7 will be grand

Get there for 6 at the latest. There will be queues at security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I would still say two hours, huge risk to take if leaving it much later. Also flights will be jammers so be prepared for the possibility that your bag may be gate checked and pack delicates /valuables separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

One hour is more than enough. Terminal 2 departures is pretty empty after 6pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Personally, I despite being late and rushing. I would be there for 5, get through the nastiness then relax as a poster above suggested

For an 8pm flight with a no luggage and a security pass, 5 would be madness. Unless you really really like hanging around!!! I fly very regularly and t2 is not great but not a disaster as some paint it to be. 6.15 in the queue at the very earliest. You will have almost 90 mins to kill after security I am certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,429 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Personally, I despite being late and rushing. I would be there for 5, get through the nastiness then relax as a poster above suggested

Nothing I hate more then rushing at an airport. These days it's such a ball ache sometimes depending on the airport of course of Qing and being herded like sheep from one place to another etc... Just like to get there early , relax.. browse the shops at my leisure and have a pint or three... :pac:

Well I'm the same but I'm a person who arrives to the airport for a 6.30am Monday morning flight at 5.45 when I have a fast pass and no luggage...

• Administrators Posts: 53,839 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd arrive 2 hours before departure at the earliest. 5pm for an 8pm flight and you're just clogging up the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I'd arrive early. The amount of people that queue for ages at security that can't get themselves ready. FFS who doesn't know they're checking primarily for metal. Keep your coat on, dump everything in the pockets, take coat off put it through scanner then feck off. PUT THE SODDING TRAY BACK and don't stand around in constricted spaces like door ways.

How people turn their brains so far off is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Allow 2.5 hours, in case you get delayed getting to the airport too. Security can take 30 minutes or more. Nothing worse than missing your flight; nicer to relax with refreshments and plenty of time to spare.

Advertisement