Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Hawley - Iveagh Gardens July 22nd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Strumms wrote: »
    http://www.aikenpromotions.com/Aiken-Promotions/Richard-Hawley-announces-date-for-The-Iveagh-Gardens-Dublin.html

Really looking forward to this. Ok 40 quid I think is a bit on the steep side so hoping for a good support act which there generally are at the Iveagh garden gigs. Speaking of the Iveagh Gardens.. THE best outdoor venue for a show in my opinion.

I've seen Richard 3 times now...once at Electric Picnic...about 8 years ago in Vicar Street and a few months ago in the same venue....

I love the new album Hollow Meadows and his album Coles Corner is a joy to listen to.

He's some crooner,.€40 is a steal, he's one of the most underrated artists of this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

just look at the prices of every other outdoor gig this summer, €40 is very reasonable. no problem paying that to see him, great venue

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Im not begrudging it at all. Ive seen Richard many times over the years including not just in Ireland..from a half full Whelans back when nobody really heard of him which must be about 10 years ago to the Vicar Street shows and beyond home and abroad and whatever the guy charges it will be 'value' and some as he puts on a great show and has a fantastic band with him... id just like to see a good support with him make an even nice evening out of it. Loved Phospherescent with the National last year...

Wilko Johnson with his band will support apparently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Strumms wrote: »
    Wilko Johnson with his band will support apparently :)

That alone is worth the 40 yoyo.

• Advertisement

That alone is worth the 40 yoyo.

Agreed... They always have great supports at these Iveagh Garden's gigs... Lucinda Williams is supporting Wilco and you actually would be charged close to that to see her in say the likes of Vicar St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

Anyone any idea what time RH is due on stage tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

what time will Wilko be on stage?

How was the gig last night ? .. after all the talk I ended up being pretty much under the weather for the second half of the week and so as not to puke on anyone I deceided to give it a miss... hope everyone had a good time !

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

Good gig, first time seeing RH, didn't know too much of his stuff.
    Really like most of the set,didn't know he was such an accomplished guitarist.
    I lost count but I think he changed guitar for each song!
    Wilko was in good form a as was his bass player Norman Watt-Roy from the Blockheads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

Yeah the guitar changes were a bit much imo but I'm sure there's loads of people in to that kind of stuff and could probably name each different guitar. His voice is his best instrument, not sure if he realises that.
    Good gig but hadn't a patch on his vicar St gig in 2012.
    Loved that they played stardust by nat king Cole as we were leaving the iveagh gardens, would love to hear RH sing that.

Advertisement