Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esta help

Options
  • 18-12-2015 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Traveling home for Christmas next week, just found out I need an esta visa. Coming from Toronto to Boston to Ireland.

Looking over it, it seems pretty straightforward, but what are my national and personal identity numbers? I tried google and all the results I found were in German and they didn't seem to know either.

Also, for address/contact details, is it my current Canadian address or my Irish one?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

Do I need an ESTA if I'm only flying through the US to another destination?

Yes, all transit flights through the US require an ESTA. Enter 'In transit' and your final destination under the heading 'Address While In The United States.'

https://www.essentialtravel.co.uk/magazine/q-and-a/esta.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

TMC99 wrote: »
    Do I need an ESTA if I'm only flying through the US to another destination?

Yes, all transit flights through the US require an ESTA. Enter 'In transit' and your final destination under the heading 'Address While In The United States.'

https://www.essentialtravel.co.uk/magazine/q-and-a/esta.asp

Yes, I know that, I'm asking about the id numbers they're asking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

I've only ever enter my passport number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You don't have to enter these. These numbers are only for specific countries.

As you progress through the online application and you select Ireland as your Country of Citizenship, these two fields will be greyed out.

As for your contact details, you should put your current place of residency as that is where they can contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, those fields are greyed out, you have no need to worry about them. A lot of countries like Germany issue identity cards, that's where you'd supply that info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement