Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avast stopping webmail page loading

Options
  • 18-12-2015 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭

running avast antivirus keeps on coming up with certificate is invalid on my desktop and the only way is to lower shield protection to check my webmail.old xp desktop with antivirus malware etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

greasepalm wrote: »
    running avast antivirus keeps on coming up with certificate is invalid on my desktop and the only way is to lower shield protection to check my webmail.old xp desktop with antivirus malware etc.
    Hi greasepalm

This would be ultimately down to avast and I'm afraid eir will be unable to rectify this issue. The only advice I can offer is to possibly contact avast for their recommended settings.

AL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭greasepalm

do websites not have to carry a legal cert to state its safe and not suspicious site.
    ssl334328.cloudflaressl.com was the warning message cheers.

do websites not have to carry a legal cert to state its safe and not suspicious site.
    ssl334328.cloudflaressl.com was the warning message cheers.
    Hi greasepalm

I can assure you that the eir site is a safe website but I cannot advise on your browser security settings.  These are set in your browser.  However, a security cert is not required for email (as it is not a financial transaction like banking).

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭greasepalm

maybe pc got another update again as that pop up has now stopped and can get my email once again many thanks.

maybe pc got another update again as that pop up has now stopped and can get my email once again many thanks.
    Thanks for the update greasepalm

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement