Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia z3 and story with FonFix

Options
  • 18-12-2015 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My boyfriend has bought 2 Sony z3 phones on 16th January 2015 in a Vodafone store in Dundalk . One is pre pay and one bill pay. My phone is pre pay z3 copper. When I got the phone and opened form the box I noticed after few days that the phone clicks from about half way up at the back. I went into Vodafone store and asked about it they said they can send it off but I have to back up everything and the phone will be away for up to 10 working days. I never had time to go and bring the phone back because I thought that maybe it was ok it's harmless. In the summer the phone was lying on a shelf and all of a sudden exploded out at the side. Straight away I knew it was something wrong and I brought it to the shop because I had to at that moment. The phone was send for expansion and clicking at the back. The clicking was not repaired and all was changed was the front and back screen. Month later the phone started exploding out at the top and the part became loose at the top so I finally managed to bring it for repair again for expanding and clicking at the back. The phone came back after a week . Again front and back cover replaced yet clicking still there. I was very angry as it was already in repair two times and phone still clicks and people tell me at the shop it's due to applications on my phone . What has applications to do with hardware???!!!!! By the way the applications I had was only like fb , instagram , messanger Skype and ones that are allready on the phone and cannot delete no games no nothing else . Total bull****!!! So just as I had taken the shop I have send it back the same day for loose part at the back "clicking" . Phone comes back week later still clicking so it was gone again to repair. Week later the same thing. It was sent 4 times to repair yet engineers tell me it's perfect .... Do I really need to wait until the phone explodes in my face one day?!!! It's disgraceful!!! So next day 17th December I decide to go to the Fonefix(sandyford) company that repairs the pho e advied by vodafone cashier. I go there in the morning and they take the phone upstairs and 10 minutes later a lady comes back telling me they have fixed it for me that there was some air there . When I ask her why was it not repaired before when it was sent to repair 4 times with the same issue she replies " all I can say is sorry , we didn't see it only now" , after five minutes standing there the phone actually starts clicking again not as bad as it used to but clicks so she offers to go and check it again. Few minutes later she comes down and tells me that a senior technician will come and talk to me. So he comes down and tells me that it's because it's plastic at the back so it will be clicking .... What a total bull**** does a senior technician not know that Sony z3 is glass front and back ?!! How are those people qualified and allowed to work if they don't know what a phone is made up of and that it's not supposed to click ?!! My boyfriend and few friends have the exact same phone and none of their phones click at the back!!!! This is ridiculous. You go to Vodafone store and they say that it's nothing they can do it's up to Fonfix , you go to Fonfix and they say it's up to Vodafone. So yet again the phone is sent to repair and the guy at the desk tells me that it has nothing to do with it and it is not going to be repaired as they want do anything with the clicking but sent it off anyway just to waste time. Seams that Vodafone is a great company that takes good care of a customer buying a phone for 580 but when you actually start having problems with it they cannot do anything about it !!!! And Fonfix another good company with great technicians that cannot even distinguish between plastic and glass and what is the phone supposed to be like and what's it made of. Further legal steps will be taken if this will not be solved.

This just takes way to long and it should not be done like that...
    Any help ? what should I do now/next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

I had a problem with my Z1 and I got in touch with Sony and they send it to another company.
    Get I touch with them as Sony give 24 month warranty on their premium phones.

Advertisement