Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam emails

• 18-12-2015 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hey does anyone know if Apple have a facility for reporting scam emails? I received some today supposedly for iTunes but the links go to an obviously fake website

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

That's good to know. I rarely get them about Apple but always get spoof emails about PayPal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

th283 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know if Apple have a facility for reporting scam emails? I received some today supposedly for iTunes but the links go to an obviously fake website

Started to get a few of these recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Yes there one going around about a Netflix charge at the moment, report it and then delete the email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

This was my first time getting one from iTunes but I have to say the fact that the web address that it linked to was alanCsmith.co.uk was a dead give away that it was fake. It must be a very novice scammer that uses their name :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement