Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aib fees / transaction charges

• 18-12-2015 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Ok guys .. So I recently go a letter terminating my aib graduate account and now I'm on a regular account which will include transaction cost charges etc..
    So they say if your account has a balance of over 2500 at all times you will not be charged these fees.. Does this mean that because I have over 2500 in my saving account I will not be charged or are they saying I have to have over 2500 in my regular account.. Didn't say in the letter... Thanks guys!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

"To qualify for free maintenance and transaction banking on your personal current account you must maintain a minimum daily credit statement balance of €2,500 in the account for each fee quarter."

Check out PTSB,EBS or Number 26 - you should get away from AIB.

All my Banking except for Irish Government Duties is FREE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

https://personal.aib.ie/content/dam/aib/personal/docs/fees-and-charges/a-guide-to-fees-and-charges-for-personal-accounts.pdf

Page 8 of the above. €2,500 in an AIB savings account won't earn enough interest to offset any current account fees. You might consider transferring it to your current account.

http://compare.consumerhelp.ie/CurrentAccountCompare.aspx?i=239,414,

PTSB, EBS or Number 26 - you need to get away from AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rainmann

Thanks for the responses. I am going to look into other banks and their charges. I have 5k in my savings but like to keep my current account with the amount of money I need for the month otherwise I know I will just overspend if I have it at my disposal .

Thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

curiosity wrote: »
    https://personal.aib.ie/content/dam/aib/personal/docs/fees-and-charges/a-guide-to-fees-and-charges-for-personal-accounts.pdf

Page 8 of the above. €2,500 in an AIB savings account won't earn enough interest to offset any current account fees. You might consider transferring it to your current account.

You are better off shutting all your AIB current accounts and savings accounts. AIB offer some of the lowest savings rates and one of the worst current account products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

JTMan wrote: »
    You are better off shutting all your AIB current accounts and savings accounts. AIB offer some of the lowest savings rates and one of the worst current account products.

Why would you be better off, are all banks not nearly the same ??

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Why would you be better off, are all banks not nearly the same ??

No. EBS account is free, except for ATM withdrawals. Ulster Bank, PTSB and KBC have a flat €4-a-month charge which in PTSB's case is waived if you lodge €1500 a month.

BOI and AIB are only for those only too happy being screwed by their banks or too lazy to change!

EBS customers can get 5 free withdrawals each month by ATM or in branch (cash or cheque) if either at least €1,500 is lodged to the account each month, either in one lump sum or in instalments or a minimum balance of €500 is maintained in the account each month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Quackster wrote: »
    No. EBS account is free, except for ATM withdrawals. Ulster Bank, PTSB and KBC have a flat €4-a-month charge which in PTSB's case is waived if you lodge €1500 a month.

BOI and AIB are only for those only too happy being screwed by their banks or too lazy to change!

KBC now have no fees with their Extra Current Account product provided you deposit at least €2,500 a month.

Most banks offer free day-to-day banking to those under-18, students, graduate, those aged over 60/66.

Of course, Number26 have the best value current account product with no restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

JTMan wrote: »

Of course, Number26 have the best value current account product with no restrictions.

Still no joint accounts though

• Advertisement
Advertisement