Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdrawn, why?

Options
  • 18-12-2015 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

A quick heads up on what happened.

Last Friday I placed an order online with Currys/PC World. The money was taken from my account immediately and order confirmation was sent.
    Tuesday the money reappeared in my account without any evidence of it ever been taken. I rang BOI to query this and was told that the merchant has 5 days to claim to money or else it would be refunded to my account. The advisor couldn't find any trace of a transaction on my account.
    Yesterday I withdrew the money so I could make the purchase elsewhere as Currys/PC World could not find any details of my order.
    Today my account is overdrawn as Currys/PC World decided to take the funds without my consent.
    Can anyone tell me what's is going on?
    I don't have an overdraft and my account is overdrawn. I never gave anyone permission to return and take money from my account.
    I'd really like this cleared up as it's very close to Christmas and having my account in an unauthorised overdraft is not ideal.

Thanks,

Corsav6

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

corsav6 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

A quick heads up on what happened.

Last Friday I placed an order online with Currys/PC World. The money was taken from my account immediately and order confirmation was sent.
    Tuesday the money reappeared in my account without any evidence of it ever been taken. I rang BOI to query this and was told that the merchant has 5 days to claim to money or else it would be refunded to my account. The advisor couldn't find any trace of a transaction on my account.
    Yesterday I withdrew the money so I could make the purchase elsewhere as Currys/PC World could not find any details of my order.
    Today my account is overdrawn as Currys/PC World decided to take the funds without my consent.
    Can anyone tell me what's is going on?
    I don't have an overdraft and my account is overdrawn. I never gave anyone permission to return and take money from my account.
    I'd really like this cleared up as it's very close to Christmas and having my account in an unauthorised overdraft is not ideal.

Thanks,

Corsav6
    Hi corsav6,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards today.

We’re sorry to hear this, once the original transaction was completed and authorized it can drop off your account if the retailer doesn’t process the payment within five days. However as this payment has already been credited to Curry’s/ PC World’s account I would advise you to contact them in order to obtain a refund.

Have a good day and if there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Helen

Advertisement