Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hut Group and Shipping to Ireland

Options
  • 18-12-2015 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I ordered some presents in November, after 16 days of no showing - I contact them. They tell me it should take up to 21 days and get back to them after that - which of course puts me into Christmas week.

Needless to mention they simply ignore my follow up queries.

Is that people's normal experience from them?

Dubal

Edit: They did reply and say they'd get back to me within 2 days, each response takes 24 hours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

seems its my fault for not living in the UK.

It should arrive tomorrow as its the 21st day, then they will look into it!

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you used them with the same address?

I ordered in nov and dec from zavvi both arriving in about 7 days.

Yes, I actually ordered 2 items at the same time. The more expensive item got tracked shipping and arrived after about 2 weeks. Though it took a week to be shipped. Whereas the missing item appeared to ship immediately.

Dubal

Anyhow, after the 22 days are up, I check in, after 3 days they ask me to confirm if a neighbour might have it so they can start the investigation.

Since, it will take them 2 days to process that response, it will be 27 days before they "start their investigation".

Guess what, that;s Christmas day, so it will be probably 29 days after it was "shipped" before they can even investigate the issue.

I had an issue with an Amazon delivery last year, to say the response was 1,000 times better was an understatement.

Dubal

So, 24 hours later they get back to me, its Christmas eve now...

"
    In order to resolve this quickly, I need to investigate further. To help with this investigation please can you print and sign a 'Non-Receipt of Goods' disclaimer form. "

So I need a printer and a scanner and I need to explain it all again in the form.

I just need to double check this isn't some form of windup!

Dubal

• Advertisement

Quick update, so I get the form and fill it out, and attempt to upload on December 26.

I even agreed "to co-operate with the carrier's security and/ or Police in the event of any investigation into the missing items".

I even typed the details into the PDF so it was clear and there may be an issue with my writing.

So I went to upload, but I get an unhelpful "cannot upload message", I try reducing file size and try a couple of different browsers. Eventually I managed to upload in a new message, the upload button in the reply appears to no work.

I didn't see a response, so I signed in yesterday, they cannot accept my form as I didn't detail which items (of the 1 item in the order) were not received.

"I'm very sorry to inform you that we require the form to state each item that you have not received (this can either be the item name or number). As the form you have returned does not fit our requirements, we are unable to process it."

At this stage I give up and will try going via the credit card company.

Dubal

Advertisement