Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC or Pyronix?

Options
  • 18-12-2015 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I am moving into a new house that is pre-wired for an alarm. I have received a few quotes from alarm installers, and they have all quoted me for HKC systems. One of the installers is coming in at a couple of hundred euro less than everybody else, but he is using a Pyronix alarm. This particular installer put in the alarm for me in my old house about 10 years ago, and I thought that he provided a good service. That alarm was an Aritech.

I have heard of HKC and know that they are one of the market leaders. I have never heard of Pyronix though, so just wondering what people's opinions are of them? It will cost a couple of hundred euro less to put the system in, but does that mean that it's an inferior product? Should I be forking out the extra money on a "better" brand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'd go with HKC if I was you. We install them all of the time and they're extremely reliable and tick all the Boxes. I fairness I haven't installed any Pyronix systems so Im not sure how good they are buy their peripherals are reliable enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Depends on what you are looking for. Take a look through the HKC vs Siemens thread. I have to say I am very impressed with the Siemens system. Early days but ticks all the boxes for me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1 for Siemens also.They would be our most popular system.
    We don't use Pyronix panels but their Delta bell would be our most popular as well.
    I would be a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Be very careful of the specifications OP, make sure for example that you are comparing like with like. I cannot see how an installer is that much cheaper than the others with the same spec.
    I am not sure actually even if the Pyronix panel has analyised zones as in whether they will recognise inertia shock sensors which in my book are essential on easily accessible windows and doors.

Advertisement