Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodaline - Marlay Park - 8th July

Options
  • 18-12-2015 2:06pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following their hugely successful two Sold Out shows at Dublin’s 3Arena, Kodaline have announced they will headline Marlay Park on Friday 8th July.

Joining them will be very special guest Jess Glynne.

Tickets €49.50 including booking fee are on sale at 9am this Monday, December 21st from Ticketmaster outlets and online at www.ticketmaster.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Following their hugely successful two Sold Out shows at Dublin’s 3Arena, Kodaline have announced they will headline Marlay Park on Friday 8th July.

Joining them will be very special guest Jess Glynne.

Tickets €49.50 including booking fee are on sale at 9am this Monday, December 21st from Ticketmaster outlets and online at www.ticketmaster.ie

They successfully sold out two shows but they didn't really do it for me. I doubt if they'd cut it on a big outdoor stage, especially as it will be summer and they won't have Fairytale of New York to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Still good time to sell tickets to get the Christmas present market.
    €50 is a bit steep for them though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

A gig too much

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

whiskeyman wrote: »
    €50 is a bit steep for them though.

For a big outdoor gig its fairly cheap , especially with 2 or 3 more acts to be added probably someone like Walking on Cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

whiskeyman wrote: »
    This is true as I can't imagine anyone personally paying to see Kodaline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EnergyPro

PaulieC wrote:
    They successfully sold out two shows but they didn't really do it for me. I doubt if they'd cut it on a big outdoor stage, especially as it will be summer and they won't have Fairytale of New York to fall back on.

I saw them in marley park last year where they supported KOL and they were outstanding. I know being a support act is a lot easier with shorter time on stage etc, but I actually thought they were better than KOL and the crowd acknowledged that I thought. Headlining this venue will be a big test for them though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Could someone explain to me how these lads have gotten so big? From what I've heard of them the music is pretty middle of the road stuff and the few reviews of their albums I've seen have been brutal on them. Is it because they are Irish? Because I honestly can't get my head around it :o

Lights On wrote:
    Could someone explain to me how these lads have gotten so big? From what I've heard of them the music is pretty middle of the road stuff and the few reviews of their albums I've seen have been brutal on them. Is it because they are Irish? Because I honestly can't get my head around it

Have to say I'm a huge fan, their first album was excellent. Most recent one probably not as good but some really good songs on there. It's hard to see them getting much bigger though, i have a feeling headlining marley park might be too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

i like these lads really do but can't see them coming close to selling this out

that said if you told me the ****ing script would sell out cooker id have laughed hard in your face

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Jess Glynne was the main reason I picked up a ticket, I can see a large portion of the crowd going to see here alone..

• Advertisement

Any Update on stage times for this gig? Or what time could Kodaline be expected to be on stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Saw these guys in Kilmainham last year. Got in for a tenner at about 9.15 (God bless the touts).

Without knowing too many of their tunes, I thought they were really good. Finishing up with All I want was “put the hair standing on the back of your neck” stuff.

Very personable with the crowd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭giveitholly

is it jesse glynne and walking on cars that are support?

is it jesse glynne and walking on cars that are support?

Yup

EnergyPro wrote: »
    Any Update on stage times for this gig? Or what time could Kodaline be expected to be on stage??

BUMP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

BUMP

This is all I know, came in an email from ticket master today.

MARLAY PARK CONCERTS 2016

Friday 8th July – Kodaline / Jess Glynne / Walking On Cars – Gates 4:30pm

Jayop wrote: »
    This is all I know, came in an email from ticket master today.

MARLAY PARK CONCERTS 2016

Friday 8th July – Kodaline / Jess Glynne / Walking On Cars – Gates 4:30pm

Yeah i got that email as well.i presume the gates would open an hour before Walking on Cars start.Would they and jesse glynne play for an hour each?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yeah i got that email as well.i presume the gates would open an hour before Walking on Cars start.Would they and jesse glynne play for an hour each?

Sorry, no clue. I've been to one concert in the last 15 years. :pac:

The missus is heading to this with her friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

What's the best way to get to Marley Park? Dublin bus regular route or the special busses from George's Quay? What Dublin bus routes bring you nearest the venue?

robo wrote: »
    What's the best way to get to Marley Park? Dublin bus regular route or the special busses from George's Quay? What Dublin bus routes bring you nearest the venue?

Look up Marathon coaches

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Jayop wrote: »
    Sorry, no clue. I've been to one concert in the last 15 years. :pac:

The missus is heading to this with her friends.

That sounds about right, Social Media with have exact times closer to kick off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Also wondering about stage times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Any recommendations for a bitta pub grub in and around the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

raven136 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a bitta pub grub in and around the place?
    Nearest places would be the Eden and Ballinteer House, both pretty good food as far as I know

How early is the car park likely to be full?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

From MCD:

GATES: 16:30

WALKING ON CARS: 18:30

JESS GLYNNE: 19:45

KODALINE: 21:00

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

What would be the chances of getting a ticket up there? was late to the party on getting tickets and dont want to go up and be stranded outside and not be able to get in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

What would be the chances of getting a ticket up there? was late to the party on getting tickets and dont want to go up and be stranded outside and not be able to get in!

The area around marley is heavily policed and lots of stewards on the streets around the park. Mostly to prevent illegal parking, people drinking and stashing drink i the bushes, littering and spot trouble makers.
    But I have not seen one tout in the vicinity in the last 3 years (I am a local resident).
    So I dont think it is likely, but you never know.

Advertisement