Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodaline - Marlay Park - 8th July

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Winterlong wrote: »
    The area around marley is heavily policed and lots of stewards on the streets around the park. Mostly to prevent illegal parking, people drinking and stashing drink i the bushes, littering and spot trouble makers.
    But I have not seen one tout in the vicinity in the last 3 years (I am a local resident).
    So I dont think it is likely, but you never know.

Thanks for the information! i think i got sorted anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Thanks for the information! i think i got sorted anyway :)
    If you haven't got sorted, or anyone else is looking for tickets, try toutless there seems to be a few people on there with tickets to sell cause of last minute drop-outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Strange-ish question here...

What beers were on sale within the venue?

Is there any type of selection at all or is it just Heineken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Strange-ish question here...

What beers were on sale within the venue?

Is there any type of selection at all or is it just Heineken?

Orchard Thieves Cider, Heineken and Desperado @ €6 a pop. I'd recommend buying 4 at once. The wait times for the bar were frustrating.

Thought Kodaline were fantastic. The amount of drunk kids around the place wrecked my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Orchard Thieves Cider, Heineken and Desperado @ €6 a pop. I'd recommend buying 4 at once. The wait times for the bar were frustrating.

Thought Kodaline were fantastic. The amount of drunk kids around the place wrecked my head.

What was the park itself like? worth wearing wellies to the stone roses tomorrow?

• Advertisement

FalconGirl wrote: »

Is that it? Just the choice of those 3?

Pints or bottles?

I'll be leaving it as late as possible to go in so.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

What's the ground like? Mucky at all? Wondering about boots or trainers for tomorrow. Would prefer trainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

Is that it? Just the choice of those 3?

Pints or bottles?

I'll be leaving it as late as possible to go in so.

Thanks.

As far as i know they sell vodka and wine as well, if any use to you.

Dundalkian wrote: »
    As far as i know they sell vodka and wine as well, if any use to you.

Jaysis, might stick with wine so.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

swervring wrote: »
    Nearest places would be the Eden and Ballinteer House, both pretty good food as far as I know

Taylor's three rock: http://www.taylorsthreerock.ie/marlay-Park/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

For those querying the ground it was fine. Id say its about 70% grass and then they had kind of a plastic surface nearer the stage. Not mucky at all. You could wear a good pair of shoes in. That is providing it doesn't rain heavy tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Did anyone get the Marathon Bus from George's Quay out to this? How long was the journey? More importantly, what time were you back in town??! Going to the Stone Roses tonight and want to be back in town before midnight if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Kodaline where fantastic.

Jess Glynn very good

I felt old at 24 was mad.

Is the set up inside smaller then previous years?

The bar use to be to the left and right of the stage instead of infront of the stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Was there much of a search going in. Brother had a bottle of wine down his trousers last year for Paolo Nutini and didn't get stopped .

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Hope everyone enjoyed the gig. Going to the Stone Roses later and was wondering was there a pit up the front for Kodaline?

toby2111 wrote: »
    Did anyone get the Marathon Bus from George's Quay out to this? How long was the journey? More importantly, what time were you back in town??! Going to the Stone Roses tonight and want to be back in town before midnight if possible.

Should be back in town within half an hour... getting onto the bus will be the time consuming but I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Did the bar in Marlay Park accept card, or better yet contactless?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Did the bar in Marlay Park accept card, or better yet contactless?

ah here, you're going to an outdoor gig. Just bring cash.

The queue to get a drink is usually a long wait. Why would you want to make people behind you queue longer by wanting to pay by card.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,718 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

micar wrote: »

The queue to get a drink is usually a long wait. Why would you want to make people behind you queue longer by wanting to pay by card.

A contactless transaction would be quicker than cash in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

micar wrote: »

Contactless is faster as no need to give out change etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How was the ground last night? Reckon you'd need wellies for the Stone Roses tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

How was the ground last night? Reckon you'd need wellies for the Stone Roses tonight?

Ground was fine, no need for wellies plus that sun will have it nice and dry.

Advertisement