Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIXMANIA IE

Options
  • 18-12-2015 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

hi
    I would be very interested to hear peoples views of PIXMANIA.
    Last week I received a mobile phone ordered from their website for 270 euro .

The following day each time I turned on the phone it started to ring numbers randomly itself. To stop the phone doing this I had to power it off. Before you could get it off the number was rang. Obviously very disappointed with his new phone having such a major fault.

The seller would not send me a return voucher to return it. All I got was one liner replies in Spanish. Its a nightmare. I had to post it back yesterday at my own expense by reg post.

Seller despite 30/40 emails at this stage refuses to agree refund for phone or postage. The seller is a "partner" of PIXMANIA. PIXMANIA are of no real help either.

What are my rights in this situation.

This phone was a present , I had to buy another , different model now to replace it. I have a huge visa bill , now , and no idea whether seller will refund me. Never buy on line again!!! any advice appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You have the right to a repair, replacement or eventually refund at no cost to you if you have an item that is defective or not as described. If you invoke this right then the seller must cover all reasonable expenses including shipping, they may ask you to pay shipping first so long as they refund you promptly. You may not automatically get a refund since the seller can simply repair or replace the phone and they have fulfilled their legal obligations.

You also have the right to cancel the contract under Distance Selling regulations without giving any reason. You have 14 days from receipt of the phone to inform the seller and cancel the contract. This option gives you a full refund of what you originally paid the seller (cost of item and shipping to you) but normally you are responsible for return shipping costs.

Your contract is with the seller not Pixmania so you need to sort this out with the seller directly. Pixmania's marketplace terms state they will only get involved if you can't contact the seller.

If you can't resolve this with the seller then the European Consumer Centre may be able to help.
    http://www.eccireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

slimjimmc wrote: »
    You have the right to a repair, replacement or eventually refund at no cost to you if you have an item that is defective or not as described. If you invoke this right then the seller must cover all reasonable expenses including shipping, they may ask you to pay shipping first so long as they refund you promptly. You may not automatically get a refund since the seller can simply repair or replace the phone and they have fulfilled their legal obligations.

You also have the right to cancel the contract under Distance Selling regulations without giving any reason. You have 14 days from receipt of the phone to inform the seller and cancel the contract. This option gives you a full refund of what you originally paid the seller (cost of item and shipping to you) but normally you are responsible for return shipping costs.

Your contract is with the seller not Pixmania so you need to sort this out with the seller directly. Pixmania's marketplace terms state they will only get involved if you can't contact the seller.

If you can't resolve this with the seller then the European Consumer Centre may be able to help.
    http://www.eccireland.ie/

Thank you

Advertisement