Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got charged for insufficient account balance.

Options
  • 18-12-2015 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭
    Unregistered Users

I got a text from BOI on Tuesday night I've direct debit expected on Wednesday for 39.02 euro, also informing that I've not enough money at the moment to cover it.

Advise was to lodge a cash before 4pm on Wed or transfer money from another a/c asap. All that to avoid 12.70 unpaid fee, etc.

So I did - transferred 40 euro from Ms. jou's account, just a few minutes after I got aforementioned text.

However, direct debit did not appear when I checked my account just a while ago, despite that 12.70 eur unpaid fee did.

How would I challenge that?

Bear in mind, I'm unable  to  make any phone call until Monday at least. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

joujoujou wrote: »
    I got a text from BOI on Tuesday night I've direct debit expected on Wednesday for 39.02 euro, also informing that I've not enough money at the moment to cover it.

Advise was to lodge a cash before 4pm on Wed or transfer money from another a/c asap. All that to avoid 12.70 unpaid fee, etc.

So I did - transferred 40 euro from Ms. jou's account, just a few minutes after I got aforementioned text.

However, direct debit did not appear when I checked my account just a while ago, despite that 12.70 eur unpaid fee did.

How would I challenge that?

Bear in mind, I'm unable  to  make any phone call until Monday at least. :(
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

As this is an account specific query you’d need to speak with a representative with account access. If you’d like to send your query via an Ask a Question on the Online Service desk a representative will reply to you with the information.

Alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818365365 when you’ve access to a phone. Representatives are available Monday – Friday 8am-Midnight, weekends and Bank holidays 9am-6pm.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Sadly my message's been ignored.
    [...] If you’d like to send your query via an Ask a Question on the Online Service desk a representative will reply to you with the information.
    [...]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi joujoujou,

Thanks for your reply.

Please be assured that our colleagues will answer your query as soon as possible. As queries are looked into during business hours your query should be answered soon. Alternatively you can call us on 0818 365 365 or +3531 4044000 and select option 1 followed by the * key which will bring you through to speak with a representative.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement