Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken SLR

• 18-12-2015 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before but my Canon slr has just stopped working when about to see Santa :-(

It's a 60D Canon. I am based in Dublin, can anyone recommend a good place to get it fixed?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056360566

Post here to Zerohamster (Eoghan) top class bloke and highly recommended. Provides a great service. I have used him multiple times in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jimbly

This might not be the answer you are looking for but have you tried this?
    I have a 40D, some years ago it stopped working and I consulted a camera buff friend.
    He suggested taking off the lense and rubbing the contacts with an eraser. Problem solved.
    This happened again last this year and I applied the same solution and fixed instantly.
    Apparently, so I was told the contacts become slightly corroded and the action of removing the lense and rubbing the contacts solves the problem.(well for me anyway)
    The problem usually occurs when there is a change in country/location/temperature/ humidity.
    Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Thanks all, will look at/ into above

Advertisement