Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas gift ideas - under €20

Options
  • 18-12-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭

Looking for ideas on what to buy, have to buy a present that would suit both man or woman age 18-65. Has anyone got an specific ideas for a funny present that I could buybin Dublin over the weekend?

@ mods : Feel free to move to Christmas forum if you think it would be more suited there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Im assuming this is some sort of Kris Kringle gift, considering you don't know if its for a man or woman? Is booze allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Try Tiger shop on Nassau Street or Dun Laoghaire

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

syklops wrote: »
    Im assuming this is some sort of Kris Kringle gift, considering you don't know if its for a man or woman? Is booze allowed?

Yes its kris kindle of sorts. Might go down the alcohol route if I can't find anything else. Had a look in tiger but couldn't see anything I thought was appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yes its kris kindle of sorts. Might go down the alcohol route if I can't find anything else. Had a look in tiger but couldn't see anything I thought was appropriate.

I thought the whole idea of it was that you knew who you had to buy for but those receiving the gift didn't know who got them the present? :confused:

From your OP it's like the other way round, you're just buying something with no idea who it's for

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Eason buke voucher?

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    I thought the whole idea of it was that you knew who you had to buy for but those receiving the gift didn't know who got them the present? :confused:

From your OP it's like the other way round, you're just buying something with no idea who it's for
    Not sure what the name of it is, there's a group of us at work and we all have to buy a present, then they will all be put in a Santa sack and then we'll each pick a present out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Not sure what the name of it is, there's a group of us at work and we all have to buy a present, then they will all be put in a Santa sack and then we'll each pick a present out.

Ah right.....anyway I haven't a clue what to buy, good luck with it, sure everyone will probably just buy alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Finding a present to suit a man or a woman aged 18-65 is not possible. Only options are booze (maybe) or a book voucher perhaps.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Finding a present to suit a man or a woman aged 18-65 is not possible. Only options are booze (maybe) or a book voucher perhaps.

I know, its a stupid idea, wasted so much time looking for something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

@ mods : Feel free to move to Christmas forum if you think it would be more suited there.

Moved to Christmas Gift ideas and questions. Please read the local charter. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Tesco Off Licence are doing an offer on Bailey's 70cl for only €12 at the moment. Was just in there. Could get that plus a few sweets and a nice gift wrapping in the Euroshop and you'll be sorted. :)

Taco Chips wrote: »
    Tesco Off Licence are doing an offer on Bailey's 70cl for only €12 at the moment. Was just in there. Could get that plus a few sweets and a nice gift wrapping in the Euroshop and you'll be sorted. :)

Think I might go with something lile that. Have to get something over the weekend regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Or perhaps get a nice bag of coffee beans along with the Bailey's and they could make a nice warm Bailey's coffee for themselves at home. I'd be thrilled with a gift like that tbh. I'm a man of simple pleasures however :D

Advertisement