Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Late Late before Christmas

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

RobertKK wrote: »
    A happy and healthy Christmas to all.

Go have a veggie kebab so

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Go have a veggie kebab so

God no, I just hope everyone stays well, imagine if you got norovirus on Christmas eve and then spending Christmas in the bathroom...happened to me at Easter a couple of years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

So I've just heard that the part of the answer to global warming is the Irish people eating less meat.

Because the irish 4million inhabitants are so significant in the earth co2 production.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Call me Al wrote: »
    So I've just heard that the part of the answer to global warming is the Irish people eating less meat.

Because the irish 4million inhabitants are so significant in the earth co2 production.

Anyone who believes that the entire climate change saga is not a government money making scam with the added bonus impose controls on your personal living routines has their heads firmly lodged in a bucket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I heard somebody say on the radio the other day that the last time that parts of The Shannon were properly dredged was when the British were here.
    A lad in the pub told me that the job the Vikings did on the rivers made the Brits look like amateur hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Noddy managed to get through her interview/blame game sh1te talk without nodding once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

A lad in the pub told me that the job the Vikings did on the rivers made the Brits look like amateur hour.
    Just imagine the amount of silt that has built up on the river beds since but we can't touch it because some pen pusher in the EU says so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

So Mary Robinson after rushing off from your dinner with the Clintons to catch a private jet taking you to the council of elders meeting with a short layover to drop a xmas present to Tony Blair and his wife, and as you skyped Bono and Bob Geldof into the call, whilst just checking the bank balance for the 3 pensions, whilst also trying to track down Peter Sutherland (Chair of Goldman Sachs) special envoy on migration for the UN to discuss what sauce to have your chef put on your turkey .... where do you think WE all went wrong on climate change and the refugee crisis.

Give the cats the last word .

https://www.facebook.com/LoLHoek/videos/473727692749514/

https://www.facebook.com/remy.angeoudemon/videos/907637102662734/

perhaps someone can extract the videos ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

The Louis Walsh interview was the same, almost exactly word for word, as the interview he had done with Pat Kenny on the radio earlier in the day.

Even if you hadn't heard it, why bother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Red Kev wrote: »

'Stop the Calvary' by Jona Lewis isn't even about Christmas, it just sounds Christmassy with all the trumpets. :)

And the line "Wish I was at home for Christmas"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    This is just for the UK (a few years ago)

1. Slade – ‘Merry Xmas Everybody’ £512,000
    2. Pogues – Fairytale Of New York’ £386,270
    3. Mariah Carey – ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ £347,615
    4. Wham – ‘Last Christmas’ £301,622
    5. Cliff Richard – ‘Mistletoe & Wine’ £98,408
    6. Band Aid – ‘Do they Know It’s Christmas’ £78,030
    7. Shakin’ Stevens – ‘Merry Christmas Everyone’ £53,834
    8. Pretenders – ‘2000 Miles’ £45,344
    9. East 17 – ‘Stay Another Day’ £30,219
    10. John Lewie – ‘Stop The Calvary’ £13,258

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/10/mariah-carey-will-earn-455000-for-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you-this-year-4225220/#ixzz3uiMiTqWF

Looking at that list again, I'm surprised Wizzard aren't on there - 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday' is just as ubiquitous as Slade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Looking at that list again, I'm surprised Wizzard aren't on there - 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday' is just as ubiquitous as Slade.

Good point. That article looks a bit thrown together, probably not reliable at all.

Although another quick search throws up this:
    Asked on Radio 4’s Today programme how much the song made him every year, the 68-year-old said yesterday: ‘Not as much as it used to.
    ‘With the invention of downloads, with a record such as mine it’s just too easy to find a way of getting it for nothing and then we don’t get paid for it.’

He added: ‘I thought originally that was going to be my pension, but no.
    'I was speaking to my daughter about it – she is more of an age group that knows about that kind of thing – and she said with a song as prominent as that, there are too many ways to get it free.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2875489/Christmas-day-Not-vanishing-Royalties-says-Roy-Wood.html

Hmmm. Not convinced by that, Roy.

Mark Radcliffe should make a Documentary on the murky World of Royalties for BBC Four. I know he did a similar one already, but there must be a story to be told about who is getting rewarded, and who got ripped off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Never mind all that, is Ray not on tonight?

What the hell am I gonna do now/in an hour and a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Never mind all that, is Ray not on tonight?

What the hell am I gonna do now/in an hour and a bit?

You can have hours of fun debating whether MMA is a real Sport, If Northern Ireland Athletes should be getting awards and if women are under (or over) represented at the RTE awards. Mostly with people who wouldn't normally post here on Saturday Nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skid X wrote: »
    You can have hours of fun debating whether MMA is a real Sport, If Northern Ireland Athletes should be getting awards and if women are under (or over) represented at the RTE awards. Mostly with people who wouldn't normally post here on Saturday Nights.

1. It's not
    2. They shouldn't as it stands, but ideally the country would be united, and then they should
    3. More women

Right, now what?

Advertisement