Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Venue

• 18-12-2015 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am looking for advice re a wedding venue in or near Ennis. We think we have narrowed it down to The Inn at Dromoland, The Falls and The Woodstock. We've heard mixed reviews for The Inn at Dromoland? The menu for the Woodstock looks good but all the packages have a glass of wine and top up with dinner and we think we'd need to make it a half bottle pp and I'm not sure how much extra this would be. Also the Falls doesn't have prices on the website, if anyone has experience with any of these any advice would be very much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭johnam

Tsipras wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am looking for advice re a wedding venue in or near Ennis. We think we have narrowed it down to The Inn at Dromoland, The Falls and The Woodstock. We've heard mixed reviews for The Inn at Dromoland? The menu for the Woodstock looks good but all the packages have a glass of wine and top up with dinner and we think we'd need to make it a half bottle pp and I'm not sure how much extra this would be. Also the Falls doesn't have prices on the website, if anyone has experience with any of these any advice would be very much appreciated! :)

Have you considered the Old Ground Hotel? Excellent menus with package prices starting from €47.50 including glass of wine and two top ups (half bottle per person), in practice this means free flow wine as not everyone will want a second top up, and this leaves an allowance to cover those who would like a third. The Old ground is well known for the quality of their food, and is well able to cater for any dietary requirements etc. There are a number of weddings taking place the week after Christmas if you would like to see the function room set up.
    http://www.flynnhotels.com/Old_Ground_Hotel_Ennis/wedding-gallery.html#PhotoSwipe1450471279980

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Recently attended a wedding at The Inn at Dromoland.

Dunno about costs, but everything was as one might expect ..... food was good and plentiful. Tables well laid out etc.
    Kids catered for.

Usual complaint about price of booze afterwards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I attended a wedding in the Old Ground earlier this year, I also attended some family functions (special birthdays, confirmation etc) and the food was excellent on each occasion.

The Falls would be lovely for photographs, it's a long time since I've eaten there so I can't comment on the food.

The Inn at Dromoland looks great since it was refurbished and you probably could take your photographs in the castle grounds which would be very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

I got married in Old ground and it was great, easy to deal with, good food, everything done well.

I have been to weddings in the falls and couldnt fault it either.

I have no exp of weddings at The Inn but had lunch at confirmation do and it was good.

With any of the hotels we checked out there was a list price, but when you asked for the bottom line the often added a further discount on items

Advertisement